• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

You guys really need to watch the BackStroke of the West Sub for Star Wars EP 3.

Translation Train Wreck: Does not even begin to cover it. Let's see what some of the names were translated to:

Jedi Council -> Presbyterian Church
Jedi Knight -> Hopeless Situation Warrior
The Dark Side -> The Dark World / The Black Influence
Anakin Skywalker -> Allah Gold
Obi-Wan Kenobi -> Ratio Tile
Count Dooku -> The
General Grievous -> Space General
Chancellor Palpatine -> The Speaker D / The Pudding
Padmé Amidala -> It Gets the Rice / The Plum Of
Yoda -> Vanquish Is
Mace Windu -> Text How Big
C-3PO -> Blow the Skin
Chewbacca -> Drag Along
Darth Vader -> Reaching the West of Reaches

Man, the Diva Room in Project Diva F 2nd is such a dumb feature but I willingly spend my time in there when I'm not trying to earn DP from songs.

Got Luka's affinity up to level 2, though. That's ultimately what matters.

So I'm playing BG1 and Dragon Age Inquisition in turns, and jeez, there's clearly a lot more in BG1 (even just after beating the prologue) but the controls and UI and general feel is fucking ROUUUUGGHHH. I am playing the EE though, so god damn I can't even imagine the old game proper.

sjay1994

So I'm playing BG1 and Dragon Age Inquisition in turns, and jeez, there's clearly a lot more in BG1 (even just after beating the prologue) but the controls and UI and general feel is fucking ROUUUUGGHHH. I am playing the EE though, so god damn I can't even imagine the old game proper.

Whats BG1?

Xiraiya

Dragon Age's UI feels so bland and MMO'ish that it really just doesn't make much of a good impression for a singleplayer RPG.

If you're checking out old Isometric RPGs, check out Arcanum (Troika game), great game, I personally prefer it over Diablo 2 and BG.
I'd get the Unofficial Patch for it though.

Whats BG1?

Baldur's Gate.

One of Bioware's games back when they used to be great.

It's the first Infinity Engine RPG, and the game that put Bioware on the map. Infinity Engine RPGs went on to include Planescape, Baldurs Gate 2, and the Icewind Dale games, and alongside very similar contemporaries like both early Fallout games and the Temple of Elemental Evil, pretty much defined the CRPG Genre in the late 90s to early 00's, before it died, only to be ressurected starting in 2012 with the huge kickstarter push and the enhanced re-releases of BG1/2 and Icewind Dale.

Fuck, and I mean absolutely fuck, college and all it's bullshit.
Mostly me though. I need to learn better homework habits.

In case anyone can't tell I'm salty because I had to work non-stop on shit I procrastinated on. I don't think anyone noticed I was gone though. What'd I miss between saturday and right now?

Speaking of old infinity engine games, I really need to get around to playing Planescape Torment. Everything about the writing in that game is exceptional from what people have told me.

Being it was from Obsidian (Chris Avellone in particular), that's not too surprising.

You know you're desperate to read a manga when you start looking at its RAWs
I tried that with Oniichan Control, but the problem is that there are next to no RAWs for it.

I am more and more agitated that no one is finished translating that fucking series. I think it's already complete in Japan by now.

It's the first Infinity Engine RPG, and the game that put Bioware on the map. Infinity Engine RPGs went on to include Planescape, Baldurs Gate 2, and the Icewind Dale games, and alongside very similar contemporaries like both early Fallout games and the Temple of Elemental Evil, pretty much defined the CRPG Genre in the late 90s to early 00's, before it died, only to be ressurected starting in 2012 with the huge kickstarter push and the enhanced re-releases of BG1/2 and Icewind Dale.

I should probably get back into Isometric RPGs.

Zenfalcia

Fuck, and I mean absolutely fuck, college and all it's bullshit.
Mostly me though. I need to learn better homework habits.

In case anyone can't tell I'm salty because I had to work non-stop on shit I procrastinated on. I don't think anyone noticed I was gone though. What'd I miss between saturday and right now?

DW. You are (not) alone. 3.33. I'm procrastinating on a presentation due this week.. So there's that i suppose.

Not much, as always, about 1500 or so posts about stuff. I mean.. you could read/skim through them...

You know you're desperate to read a manga when you start looking at its RAWs

Dude, just wait. Read other mangas.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Are you picking up Pillars of Eternity?

I backed the Kickstarter just because I love Obsidian's writers. I actually have very little background in old school PC RPGs.

Not much, as always, about 1500 or so posts about stuff. I mean.. you could read/skim through them....

AHAHAHA, ahhhhh, that's funny, you're funny. Good joke. Also you should chip away at it. Like do a small piece every day. That's what I keep telling myself I'll do but it don't. Also also I've never seen Eva so I had to google that.

Zenfalcia

AHAHAHA, ahhhhh, that's funny, you're funny. Good joke. Also you should chip away at it. Like do a small piece every day. That's what I keep telling myself I'll do but it don't. Also also I've never seen Eva so I had to google that.

Bad joke is bad. It wasn't that great. I did some of it already, so that's a start. I might as well finish it tonight and not sleep.. me and my messed up sleep schedules..

Bad joke is bad. It wasn't that great. I did some of it already, so that's a start. I might as well finish it tonight and not sleep.. me and my messed up sleep schedules..

I meant the reading the posts, sarcasms laughs. Go break out the coffee. Not really though or you won't fall asleep when you actually want to.

DW. You are (not) alone. 3.33. I'm procrastinating on a presentation due this week.. So there's that i suppose.

Not much, as always, about 1500 or so posts about stuff. I mean.. you could read/skim through them...

Dude, just wait. Read other mangas.
But there are like 10 chapters of my hero academia that need to be translated and the last chapter JUST introduced the main villains!

Zenfalcia

I meant the reading the posts, sarcasms laughs. Go break out the coffee. Not really though or you won't fall asleep when you actually want to.

Ic. You should read them, you won't regret it.
heh.
For some context, i woke up 6 hours ago.. and it's 12am already.

But there are like 10 chapters of my hero academia that need to be translated and the last chapter JUST introduced the main villains!

It's finnneee.. Read Ratman if you haven't already and if you have there's ubel blatt for some coolish slicing and killing.
ZSS is officially the one that wears the pants in the ZSS x Mac shipping. Write it into the lore.

install steam already! Everyone else is on there and you'll get instant messages.

ZSS is officially the one that wears the pants in the ZSS x Mac shipping. Write it into the lore.

I81ZLBh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom