• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to go to all the shady websites you possibly can while it's turned off

No way. That's what got Liam under house arrest.

I have never seen someone get so many problems installing Steam. It was the easiest client install I have ever worked with.

Maybe you enraged the Gaben somehow. Only way he'll let you in is if you pray forgiveness.

Please Gaben, let me use your chat, I'll sacrifice my xbone.

Are you picking up Pillars of Eternity?

I backed the Kickstarter just because I love Obsidian's writers. I actually have very little background in old school PC RPGs.

I backed the shit out of Eternity, 165 bones, because of New Vegas, Avellone and Sawyer. I haven't played nearly any of their earlier games. I'm trying to rectify my lack of knowledge of the classics now with the EEs of BG1 and BG2 and then I'll hit up modded Torment and the steam versions of FO1 and FO2, games I played in my youth but was too dumb to understand.

GG Shack and Abu. Shack is too good though lol. I can't beat your DK even if I got a lucky one earlier. I need to work on my Lucina. Get the timing down better for her edge guarding and her parries.

I backed the shit out of Eternity, 165 bones, because of New Vegas, Avellone and Sawyer. I haven't played nearly any of their earlier games. I'm trying to rectify my lack of knowledge of the classics now with the EEs of BG1 and BG2 and then I'll hit up modded Torment and the steam versions of FO1 and FO2, games I played in my youth but was too dumb to understand.

Okay, I was curious about Eternity, but now I'm interested. Obsidian are amazing at what they do, and I haven't regretted a single purchase yet.

I guess I'll do my part and play some RPGs.

Hey Pat, I've been meaning to ask for a while now, when I watch a video I go on your site and let the add roll, then go and watch the video on youtube. As long as the ad rolls on the site you guys are still getting money off of that right? I know youtube keep tracks of how long someone actually watches a video but I don't know if that affects anything or if it is just there as a statistic, does the site player do this as well?

Okay, I was curious about Eternity, but now I'm interested. Obsidian are amazing at what they do, and I haven't regretted a single purchase yet.

I guess I'll do my part and play some RPGs.
Fallout 4 will be really disappointing without Obsidian. New Vegas was what make me love Fallout after hating the 15 hours or so I played of 3 on 360.

Squishy3

Hey Pat, there's some lore in the form of missing persons posters and newspapers in the save room that you guys haven't picked up. You can't get the ones that you missed, as each one is a unique spawn for each time you go in the save room in each chapter. (They're not always there, but for the most part there's at least one per chapter) For an example, you know that Ruvik audio log you picked up in the last part that talks about the church and allegations against it and stuff? There's a newspaper in the save room that you didn't pick up that says there's a hole that opened up in the floor of it to the catacombs and there were a bunch of fresh bodies down there that the pastor denied knowing anything about.

You've probably already recorded a fair amount so it obviously won't take effect for awhile if you actually look, but I figured I'd want to toss it out there. :p

Hey Pat, I've been meaning to ask for a while now, when I watch a video I go on your site and let the add roll, then go and watch the video on youtube. As long as the ad rolls on the site you guys are still getting money off of that right? I know youtube keep tracks of how long someone actually watches a video but I don't know if that affects anything or if it is just there as a statistic, does the site player do this as well?

I honestly don't even know. I'm going to assume yes.

Man Fallout 3 was so boring. I know the world is a wasteland, but it shouldn't be as boring to play as it looks
Skyrim felt the same to me, though it admit I've never played another TES game. I don't get the appeal of open world games that just have nothing to do. New Vegas just has a bunch of kickass sidequests that's framed in an open world, and that's what I want.

Skyrim felt the same to me, though it admit I've never played another TES game. I don't get the appeal of open world games that just have nothing to do. New Vegas just has a bunch of kickass sidequests that's framed in an open world, and that's what I want.

I played Skyrim for like 40 minutes, realized what the battle system was, quit and decided to play Dark Souls instead. So worth it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Im sure whoever is making fallout 4 will take note of this. And I hope they include postgame content. That was one my blight's of new vegas.

I played Skyrim for like 40 minutes, realized what the battle system was, quit and decided to play Dark Souls instead. So worth it.
I tried for 25-35 hours. I don't understand it man. I have more fun wandering around in minecraft- at least the combat is better and you can dig holes.
Im sure whoever is making fallout 4 will take note of this. And I hope they include postgame content. That was one my blight's of new vegas.
High hopes, very low expectations. Post game would be nice though. The NV DLC was great. Well, some was.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Alpha Protocol and New Vegas were big tipping points for me. I went in at the $140 level. While Obsidian lacks in technical proficiency, they excel at witty writing, dialogue, and character development. I should probably check out their early catalog, too. Maybe the upcoming Steam sale this week will be the time to do it.

Fuck, I just got challenged in smash tomorrow by the guy that owns Hummingbird. Guess I'll do some practice even though I'm dead tired -__-

I tried for 25-35 hours. I don't understand it man. I have more fun wandering around in minecraft- at least the combat is better and you can dig holes.

I can't handle the fact that I have to keep pausing the game in an action RPG in the middle of a fight. I can't understand how that's fun.

Alpha Protocol and New Vegas were big tipping points for me. I went in at the $140 level. What Obsidian lacks in technical proficiency, they excel at witty writing, dialogue, and character development. I should probably check out their early catalog, too. Maybe the upcoming Steam sale this week will be the time to do it.

Actually, thing is, they don't actually lack in technical proficiency. They lack at having the time to actually make their games and not get fucked by their publishers. New Vegas and KOTOR2 were both disasters actively caused by the publishers stiffing them for time, and in KOTOR2s case, they actively prevented them from patching it after the fact. New Vegas was rushed out the door to deny them their metacritic bonus. It's shocking Obsidian even lasted this long and after all the shit that teams been through they deserved every penny of Eternitys total blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom