• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

new vegas doesn't let you live the dream of what if liam neeson was your dad though

they're both good for different reasons, i still like 3 a lot tho

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Actually, thing is, they don't actually lack in technical proficiency. They lack at having the time to actually make their games and not get fucked by their publishers. New Vegas and KOTOR2 were both disasters actively caused by the publishers stiffing them for time, and in KOTOR2s case, they actively prevented them from patching it after the fact. New Vegas was rushed out the door to deny them their metacritic bonus. It's shocking Obsidian even lasted this long and after all the shit that teams been through they deserved every penny of Eternitys total blowout.

Yeah, I'm only basing that on their last gen output. If it's really a result of publishers speeding things out the door, then they have a long history of rotten luck. Pillars is their chance to shine at their own pace, so I'm hoping they can really dish it out.

It also just seems like something more in their comfort zone. So far, it looks beautiful.

Zenfalcia

Ehhhh maybe.

I heard the story in the beginning drags on too long and wasn't as good as a reason for leaving the vault compared to FO1

I played a bit of it and it was nice. Which beginning part are you talking about? The tutorial and a little after that?

Fallout 3 is your typical bethseda rpg. Lot of stuff to do it in it but 90% is terrible and doesn't amount to anything.

What makes new vegas better?

Fallout is the topic, and nah, New Vegas is the one that's good. It's really well written and fun.

I read too quickly and confused myself. :p

Fallout 3 is your typical bethseda rpg. Lot of stuff to do it in it but 90% is terrible and doesn't amount to anything.

Do it. Its basically fallout 3 for fallout 1 and 2 fans.
I just don't like the idea of FPS RPG, but I would probably get it on the winter sale
I got a tournament to compete in tomorrow at my school. First place gets pokemon omega ruby or sapphire. I'm gonna win that shit.
Good luck and don't forget to juggle.
I played a bit of it and it was nice. Which beginning part are you talking about? The tutorial and a little after that?
The prologue where your a kid and your doing shit

What makes new vegas better?

Really well done quests where choosing a certain faction actually ment something, killing someone wasn't a "don't do that again" punishment. Mutliple ways to do a certain quest. Better writing and better chracters. There are probably more then just me listing my fanboyish reponses. Fallout 3 did do open world way better and it handled the end game better.

Really well done quests where choosing a certain faction actually ment something, killing someone wasn't a "don't do that again" punishment. Mutliple ways to do a certain quest. Better writing and better chracters. There are probably more then just me listing my fanboyish reponses. Fallout 3 did do open world way better and it handled the end game better.
What was the reason for you to leave your vault in New Vegas?
Is there juggling in Sm4sh?

Zenfalcia

The prologue where your a kid and your doing shit

Oh, that part was ok. I didn't think it was that slow, maybe it felt slow since you weren't able to jump into the action, but i liked the slow introduction to the atmosphere and setting of the game.

But i found that there were different tones between new vegas and 3. I felt like 3 had a nicer tone in atmosphere. So if New vegas and Fallout 3 made a baby together it'd be the perfect open world fallout game?

If theres no juggling in any video game, then i cannot take it seriously
Super-Ball-Juggling.jpg
First google result. Looks amazing.

But i found that there were different tones between new vegas and 3. I felt like 3 had a nicer tone in atmosphere. So if New vegas and Fallout 3 made a baby together it'd be the perfect open world fallout game?
Maybe if bethseda gave obisidian another chance. Which the probably didn't

Liam's complaints with Smash Tour are kind of bullshit. The game was meant to replace Smash Run, which has no default characters so why would Tour have default characters?

If the game and DLC go on sale for like $8 again, I recommend the DLC as well. It's really good. It's worth way more.
Alright I'll put it on my wishlist.
If theres no juggling in any video game, then i cannot take it seriously
I love the Mr. Game and Watch easter egg on the music app
Oh, that part was ok. I didn't think it was that slow, maybe it felt slow since you weren't able to jump into the action, but i liked the slow introduction to the atmosphere and setting of the game.
1 was best because it was really short introduction along with the showcase of technology. Also the rats in the cave could kill you if you dick around like I did.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Liam's complaints with Smash Tour are kind of bullshit. The game was meant to replace Smash Run, which has no default characters so why would Tour have default characters?
I honestly stopped caring about Liam's weekly complaints. But they do add a new perspective, even if they are sometimes bullshit.

Yeah, I'm only basing that on their last gen output. If it's really a result of publishers speeding things out the door, then they have a long history of rotten luck. Pillars is their chance to shine at their own pace, so I'm hoping they can really dish it out.

It also just seems like something more in their comfort zone. So far, it looks beautiful.

BG1 and the Pillars of Eternity Beta starting zones are visually and functionally identical. It's hilarious. It's the most BG3 thing ever. Man, KOTOR2, they wanted to make the patches for free, and LucasArts forced them not to. What a rotten bunch of luck.

guess ill be rebuying DS2 and doing the DLC afterall alongside Bloodbourne
so that makes
Bloodbourne
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin
Final Fantasy Type 0
Dragon Age Inquisition
for PS4 birthday list now

Welp I guess I'll get it for PC then.

I wonder if a project M version of sm4sh would be possible due to Cubic Ninja.
The PC version should just be a package deal with all the DLC and DX11 right?

I think the actual Project M said they wanted to go in a different direction from Smash 4. 3DS Homebrew is mainly exciting for the death of region locking, IMO.

Ninty will patch it out pretty quickly soon enough though. Even the guy who found it said he expects them to patch it.

Been watching the news since this Ferguson stuff went down tonight....I need to to be-
Skip 3, play new vegas. Its my probably my favorite rpg of all time.
Boothisman.gif

For all the technical reasons on why New Vegas is better, I still love 3 to death. I don't know, I guess it's because of how isolated the D.C. Wasteland feels without it getting too boring. I guess I mean in New Vegas, I'm always following the circle route and in 3 I'm going everywhere.

Anyways, after all this madness on TV, I'm going to switch on today's videos and have Pat's voice soothe me to sleep.

The PC version should just be a package deal with all the DLC and DX11 right?

I think the actual Project M said they wanted to go in a different direction from Smash 4. 3DS Homebrew is mainly exciting for the death of region locking, IMO.
Not sure.

I know that they want to seperate out the Sm4sh, but I wonder if you could mod it so that it would just be a port of Project M. Take out the new characters and put in the Project M characters along with balancing. Nintendo is thinking about removing region lock aren't they?

Been watching the news since this Ferguson stuff went down tonight....I need to to be-

Boothisman.gif

For all the technical reasons on why New Vegas is better, I still love 3 to death. I don't know, I guess it's because of how isolated the D.C. Wasteland feels without it getting too boring. I guess I mean in New Vegas, I'm always following the circle route and in Vegas I'm going everywhere.

Anyways, after all this madness on TV, I'm going to switch on today's videos and have Pat's voice soothe me to sleep.
The open world in new vegas is pretty bad but thats one of the few things that F3 has over NV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom