• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH woah woah woah woah...

Did Liam just imply that yu yu hakusho's dub is "arocious?" cause we need to sit this boy down and watch the entiree shwo dubbed, it is one of the best dubs for its time and even for today's standards, the first episode or so had soem background actors that were bad, but that changes very quickly.

That dubbed OP is so good though.

Well gunshots are somewhat normal occurance sorta, but they never appeared this close to me

That scares the shit out of me. I've never even seen a gun before except that time I went to a carnival and there was an army tent where they let you hold some of the rifles and LMGs (those guns are heavy as shit). Guns just aren't a part of my life so even a gunshot would set me on edge.

How much do you want to delve into over clocking, because there is a cpu that is really good over clocked. Also, ram is going to destroy your wallet since ram prices are through the roof. GTX970 huh.. Don't get the stock, no matter what. The stock fans are terrible.

I'm kinda interested in getting a pentieum just for funzies since they are god like at overclock apparently. Would a water cooler be a good investment?

Zenfalcia

It's scheduled for today so I'm assuming it'll be out later, so I guess Pat expected the podcast to be up later than it was. It's also PS4 only I believe.

That's probably what he planned to happen. Isn't it cross compatible across platforms though? Unless i'm wrong? Woolie was talking about it.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH woah woah woah woah...

Did Liam just imply that yu yu hakusho's dub is "arocious?" cause we need to sit this boy down and watch the entiree shwo dubbed, it is one of the best dubs for its time and even for today's standards, the first episode or so had soem background actors that were bad, but that changes very quickly.

Yeah, he did. Call him out on it.

As in getting one. :-/ I got it used off a friend who wanted the Special Edition Mario and Luigi XL so I didn't pay that much for it. I think I wanted it mainly for MH and truthfully wouldn't have bothered if MH4 had a Wii U port.
That sucks. Maybe you'll find some games you might want to play.. Maybe..

I'm kinda interested in getting a pentieum just for funzies since they are god like at overclock apparently. Would a water cooler be a good investment?

Dude, don't get any random pentium. It has the be the anniversary edition that came out last year, or else you can't overclock it. Uhh.. It'll be quiet and there are some problems and benefits.

Nothing really. I've had KI in the slot for months now without a single use. ALBW hardly got any play either when my friend let me use it. I think both Project X Zone demos have gotten the most playtime besides the street pass stuff.

As in getting one. :-/ I got it used off a friend who wanted the Special Edition Mario and Luigi XL so I didn't pay that much for it. I think I wanted it mainly for MH and truthfully wouldn't have bothered if MH4 had a Wii U port.
Hey get Gunvolt. Hey get Kirby. Hey get Dream Team. Hey get SF IV for shits and giggles. Hey get Kingdom Hearts.

Is there a reason? Like do you just not wanna use it or is nothing on it interesting you?
Yeah well he said into my earholes about an hour ago that it was and I quote "out now" so he's a liar and a smelly butt.
Can you see the stink lines and everything?

That's probably what he planned to happen. Isn't it cross compatible across platforms though? Unless i'm wrong? Woolie was talking about it.

Dude, don't get any random pentium. It has the be the anniversary edition that came out last year, or else you can't overclock it. Uhh.. It'll be quiet and there are some problems and benefits.
Yeah. Cross platform multiplayer between PS3 and 4

Yeah I forgot which one it was. I need to look if there is a dual socket MB for it since dual core isn't gonna cut it.

edit: only Xeons can be used in dual. Oh well.

Zenfalcia

All these time zones are confusing, we should just move to Swatch Internet Time.

Oh god. Metric time? It'll be terrible.

Yeah I forgot which one it was. I need to look if there is a dual socket MB for it since dual core isn't gonna cut it.

How much do you plan to spend? Ehhh... It depends on what you do. If you do single threading you'll be fine. If you want to run more than one processor heavy programs, it'll be terrible.

The game is but the demo is for PS4 PS+ subscribers only.
Well, and ps+ doesn't work on ps3? I don't know since i don't have a ps3 and oblivious of ps stuff..

Zenfalcia

900 is a good amount. I'll probably go for that budget Xeon. time to go part hunting.

Sure. For other good computer sites there's Ncix, newegg and others which i don't know off the top of my head. PC part picker if you want to find the best price from multiple sites or to see if they're all compatible with each other.

No it's just that the demo is only available on PS4 and also only if you have PS+.

That sucks they made it available to a very small amount of people..

Time is pretty fucked, just like the Imperial system.

Yeah, but changing it now would ruin life for a generation or two..

Hey get Gunvolt. Hey get Kirby. Hey get Dream Team. Hey get SF IV for shits and giggles. Hey get Kingdom Hearts.

Is there a reason? Like do you just not wanna use it or is nothing on it interesting you?
More the latter. I really don't find myself using it out in public even on the public bus. I'm more on my phone than anything.

And no, I'm texting/on twitter, not playing mobile games.

And holy fuck. Why is it days I need to go to school early, (first day going back in 2 and a half weeks) I can't be bothered to go to sleep.

Sure. For other good computer sites there's Ncix, newegg and others which i don't know off the top of my head. PC part picker if you want to find the best price from multiple sites or to see if they're all compatible with each other.
Yeah I've been using PC part picker, but the problem is that they don't support older Xeons, so its not very helpful.

demidar

Yeah, but changing it now would ruin life for a generation or two..

Blame it on the Millenials. Problem solved.

More the latter. I really don't find myself using it out in public even on the public bus. I'm more on my phone than anything.

And holy fuck. Why is it days I need to go to school early, (first day going back in 2 and a half weeks) I can't be bothered to go to sleep.

I only use my 3DS at home so I don't see the big problem. This means I only play exclusives on it, obviously.

Zenfalcia

Great. Good job for not playing mobile games.

Too hyped for school.
No but buy PS4s and PS+ though

NOooooOOOooo.. I need my money for other things!

Yeah I've been using PC part picker, but the problem is that they don't support older Xeons, so its not very helpful.

Do you really want to use the Xeon? It's an older cpu right?

Ehhhh.. so many things would need to change... too much effort.

Would stick around but really need to get to bed reluctantly, cya guys tomorrow, aka really like 5-6 hours from now if I decide to post here first thing

Good night.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Would stick around but really need to get to bed reluctantly, cya guys tomorrow, aka really like 5-6 hours from now if I decide to post here first thing

Do you really want to use the Xeon? It's an older cpu right?
That Framed tho. Kojima endorsed.

Xeons are the hypest name I've ever heard for a CPU man and is super cheap for its price. It hasn't been discontinued yet, so I don't understand why its not on here.
Night

I only use my 3DS at home so I don't see the big problem. This means I only play exclusives on it, obviously.
I don't mean I'm embarrassed or anything by it but playing it at home seems almost pointless to me. Although I did play Steam World Dig a lot at night when I got that.

Too hyped for school.
I've been doing this since the semester started and there are only 3 weeks left. I'm negatively hyped about school by now.

Oh and totally OT but did we
you guys
scare away our only female friender we had or am I just up too late?

Zenfalcia

That Framed tho. Kojima endorsed.

Xeons are the hypest name I've ever heard for a CPU man and is super cheap for its price. It hasn't been discontinued yet, so I don't understand why its not on here.

I haven't heard/seen anything of framed. Not until the podcast.

I think it's because Xeons aren't really meant for consumers and not many people use them. Why the xeon? Just because?

I've been doing this since the semester started and there are only 3 weeks left. I'm negatively hyped about school by now.

So negatively hyped about school you're positively hyped about school and can't sleep.

Alfebit

Banned
Morining guys. What's up?

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Bee and Puppycat and I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the new character designs or Bee's character change. The designs remind me of Steven Universe which I'm not a fan of and Bee pretty much has the mind of a child.

Fitts

Hey there. I recently switched from android to iPhone and am attempting to download the MP3 file for the new podcast via the web browser. I've tried it in both safari and chrome and neither is giving me the option. Does iPhone not allow for this and you're forced to listen through the browser or is there something I'm missing?

Zenfalcia

Hey there. I recently switched from android to iPhone and am attempting to download the MP3 file for the new podcast via the web browser. I've tried it in both safari and chrome and neither is giving me the option. Does iPhone not allow for this and you're forced to listen through the browser or is there something I'm missing?

You made a huge mistake, but hey, that's just my love for android. You have to use the podcast app for iphone and you cannot save link as/download directly to your iphone.

demidar

Quad core is pretty good for general stuff and better for multiple threaded processing. It also depends on which cpu you're talking about.

Single thread performance is probably still preferable for now, since multicore support for games isn't guaranteed, but maybe that will change in the future? We've hit a cap with single core performance and further gains will be diminished so hopefully that will hasten multicore support of apps.

Quad core is pretty good for general stuff and better for multiple threaded processing. It also depends on which cpu you're talking about.

Talking about computers and Pat dropped in a little earlier. Podcast came up early. etc etc.
Could I use that Pentium in order to have basic monitor multitask? I kinda wanna play Project M while browsing through this thread
I just watched the first 2 episodes of Bee and Puppycat and I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the new character designs or Bee's character change. The designs remind me of Steven Universe which I'm not a fan of and Bee pretty much has the mind of a child.
I thought it was pretty good. I do admit she looks/acts more like a child than a young adult. I kinda do wanna see how things develop tho.

Zenfalcia

Single thread performance is probably still preferable for now, since multicore support for games isn't guaranteed, but maybe that will change in the future? We've hit a cap with single core performance and further gains will be diminished so hopefully that will hasten multicore support of apps.

Maybe, but it'll be a while till then since there's not much need for games to be multicore currently and i don't think consoles will be able to handle it? I think that consoles are the reasons why PC games are being held back despite having such high specs for new tech.

Could I use that Pentium in order to have basic monitor multitask? I kinda wanna play Project M while browsing through this thread

Ehhh.. It'll lower the performance on project M but you can do it. If you don't want to deal with over clocking, just get a i5 or i7 to make it really simple. Also, you need a motherboard that can over clock.

Ehhh.. It'll lower the performance on project M but you can do it. If you don't want to deal with over clocking, just get a i5 or i7 to make it really simple. Also, you need a motherboard that can over clock.
I guess I have to degrade the usage of my chrome browser and use the Big Dick G Lynx browser to browse GAF then

Fitts

You made a huge mistake, but hey, that's just my love for android. You have to use the podcast app for iphone and you cannot save link as/download directly to your iphone.

Ha! I've always been an android guy but decided to see how the other half lives after they finally released man-sized phones.

Yeah, it's quirky crap like this that makes me think I'll be switching back. iOS is well optimized for sure, but there are so many things that are way simpler to do or far more flexible with android.

You can still do it, i just don't know how much performance will take a hit.

Yeah, but I forgot how much I missed lynx.
kxGwRKu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom