• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Ha! I've always been an android guy but decided to see how the other half lives after they finally released man-sized phones.

Yeah, it's quirky crap like this that makes me think I'll be switching back. iOS is well optimized for sure, but there are so many things that are way simpler to do or far more flexible with android.

I think you're just saying that due to familiarity.

Zenfalcia

Ha! I've always been an android guy but decided to see how the other half lives after they finally released man-sized phones.

Yeah, it's quirky crap like this that makes me think I'll be switching back. iOS is well optimized for sure, but there are so many things that are way simpler to do or far more flexible with android.

Well, i hope you love using another program to sync your ipod to your computer just to get your music, video, and other files. I do like some of their layout options to other phones, and the lack of opening the back to replace the battery isn't too great. I forget did this iteration have micro SSD support?

There's also more customizability with android with rooting and such. Although i think iphone can do the same? Maybe?

On the bright side, giant app store library compared to the android.
Yeah, but I forgot how much I missed lynx.
Never heard/used lynx.

Well, i hope you love using another program to sync your ipod to your computer just to get your music, video, and other files. I do like some of their layout options to other phones, and the lack of opening the back to replace the battery isn't too great. I forget did this iteration have micro SSD support?

There's also more customizability with android with rooting and such. Although i think iphone can do the same? Maybe?

On the bright side, giant app store library compared to the android.

Never heard/used lynx.
You can do the same somewhat with Ios, but its a lot harder to customize.

Its a handy text only browser that takes little to no performance due to it being run in the command prompt. I can view images and gifs, but I have to Download them instad of displaying it in the browser.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH woah woah woah woah...

Did Liam just imply that yu yu hakusho's dub is "arocious?" cause we need to sit this boy down and watch the entiree shwo dubbed, it is one of the best dubs for its time and even for today's standards, the first episode or so had soem background actors that were bad, but that changes very quickly.
Ive lost all respect for Liam.

Fitts

I think you're just saying that due to familiarity.

Partially so, but as mentioned above having to use iTunes instead of your phone simply mounting as an external drive that you drag and drop to is ridiculous. In addition, I can't use hangouts to pull my text messages to consolidate everything in one place and now I'm being told that I need to use another app in addition to the music one to listen to podcasts.

And no, the iPhone doesn't support micro sd cards.

demidar

Partially so, but as mentioned above having to use iTunes instead of your phone simply mounting as an external drive that you drag and drop to is ridiculous. In addition, I can't use hangouts to pull my text messages to consolidate everything in one place and now I'm being told that I need to use another app in addition to the music one to listen to podcasts.

And no, the iPhone doesn't support micro sd cards.

I don't know about the other stuff, but my podcasts are in the iPod App under the More section.

But yeah, the last time I picked up a friend's Android phone I couldn't make heads or tails of that stuff.

croten

Could someone do me a huge favor and replace the police cap with a Santa cap in my avatar instead?

Good enough?

q1DJIzh.png

So by the end of this year im gonna own Third strike, ORAS, bayo 2 and 1, Smash 4, Skullgirls, Ultimax, Q, and CVS2.
Bringing my total amount of fight games from 1 to 5

So by the end of this year im gonna own Third strike, ORAS, Skullgirls, Ultimax, Q, and CVS2.
Bringing my total amount of fight games from 1 to 5

CVS2! Oh man I remember playing that a lot in high school. I have my PS1 copy around somewhere.

Mark of the Millenium introduced me to the radical Iori and Kyo.

croten

Goddamn it, I still have an extra copy of Bayo 2 First Print lying around and I'm too paranoid about selling it due to scammers and whatnot. We have a local craigslist equivalent named, but I'm even more paranoid about that for the same reasons people are paranoid of selling on craigslist.

I'm tempted to buy it off you, I just don't have a Wii U

croten

Yeah, I know. The thing could use a price cut to be honest.
I have gotten quite a bit out of it soon after I bought it, but I am noticing that I've been having continuously less incentive to pick it up again. The stupid delays are killing it.

I should be getting it for Christmas or my Birthday. How much would you sell it for?

Today's the day. Moving day. Been up since 4AM.

I'm probably not gonna be on here that much for the next three days, so try not to finish this thread off before then!

Also, I don't know where we landed on that, but I won't be able to make the new thread, so whoever wants to do that can take it.

Zenfalcia

Yes, I love podcast day! At least now I have some decent background noise while I spend hours on fusing half-decent ultimate personas in P4G.

Also, have we been slowing down?

Yes, we are slowing down. I think that's due to the lack of PG and everyone being busy with school and exams.

I'm probably not gonna be on here that much for the next three days, so try not to finish this thread off before then!

Also, I don't know where we landed on that, but I won't be able to make the new thread, so whoever wants to do that can take it.

Mrgoodwil took the honors.

Enjoy Portlandia!

Zenfalcia

Have fun moving. Did you mention where you're moving to? Same town or different place entirely? We might finish in 3 days, i doubt it.

Us slowing down is still faster than most threads. I actually like this speed, it's easier to keep up with.

Yeah, we've been averaging about 800 posts a day or so.

Okingjrr

Good luck with the move, don't break anything.

Also, don't forget to send in your OT8 title to Mrgoodwil by way of PM before 4PM EST.

Laptop or computer? Maybe you can fix it?
Laptop and my brother sent it to geek squad and they said they have to do a lot of shit it fix it even though it was just the charger that was broken. They said they have to open it up and take shit out and it would cost like 250 bucks that I dont have and I wanna get a wii u for Christmas.
Ugh I hate that I cant find a job.

Zenfalcia

Laptop and my brother sent it to geek squad and they said they have to do a lot of shit it fix it even though it was just the charger that was broken. They said they have to open it up and take shit out and it would cost like 250 bucks that I dont have and I wanna get a wii u for Christmas.
Ugh I hate that I cant find a job.

Is it the charger cord, charger jack, or the battery?

croten

Don't get too excite, it may not be the guy with your crack.

It wasn't :(
That strongly depends on the time. Just let me know when the time comes and we'll figure something out. I'm not someone who buys LE's and sells them for a higher price, so the price is going to be either the price I bought it for or maybe less.

I just want to give it to someone who wants it and won't immediately turn around and sell it on ebay for $250

Dude I would love and cherish it every day.

Zenfalcia

I think its the charger jack, maybe the battery im not sure.
Too bad i cant actually see it in person. I bet it's just the jack that's broken since if you plug in the charger without the battery it still turns on.

It wasn't :(

Dude I would love and cherish it every day.
You gun jumped so hard and now you're full of dissapointment.

You would also need picture proof of you cherishing it. Taking it out on walks. Feeding it regularly, giving it baths and makibg sure it's warm.

croten

Too bad i cant actually see it in person. I bet it's just the jack that's broken since if you plug in the charger without the battery it still turns on.

You gun jumped so hard and now you're full of dissapointment.

You would also need picture proof of you cherishing it. Taking it out on walks. Feeding it regularly, giving it baths and makibg sure it's warm.

It should be here today and it's already 2 PM :(

Check on the computer hardware sites, there are some good deals right now. Also check review sites for specifics about speakers, since some are awful for their price.
Cool. Amazon has the monitor I wanted discounted, but I'm not purchasing shit until I feel the deals will end. Cyber Monday is probably the last day.

Keeping a eye for good speaker deals too.

Zenfalcia

Cool. Amazon has the monitor I wanted discounted, but I'm not purchasing shit until I feel the deals will end. Cyber Monday is probably the last day.

Keeping a eye for good speaker deals too.

Newegg and ncix are good places to also check, also check reviews on monitors, just because they say they have high specs doesnt mean they do.

It's probably going to be less than that. I just need to figure out shipping costs and whatnot first.
Probably around £10 from recent homework i did :p it also depends on the courier service.. also i'm assuming you live in the UK .__.

Newegg and ncix are good places to also check, also check reviews on monitors, just because they say they have high specs doesnt mean they do.

DisplayLag has been my friend. I'm about 95% sure I'm going to end up buying the BenQ RL2455HM, but I'm always still looking. Newegg's prices are great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom