• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

You could wait for winter sales to roll around and double dip on the savings. When does the coupon expire?

Edit: i checked my amazon order and it looks like i ordered the special edition.. well this is awkward.. i'm glad i got it though :3 thanks past zen for doing the thing and spending money.

croten

Fuck, I confused that with XII. Hype deflated.

I mean, X-2 isn't a bad game but I was looking forward to playing (and finishing) XII.

Sorry not 10-2, 13-2. They just ported 13 (which was a travesty) so now they're porting 13-2

DP'd like a bitch.

360pages

To be fair 13-2 has better gameplay and systems than 13. In fact I would say it's the best game out of the three from a pure gameplay stand point with the monster system and what not.

Too bad the story is rather awful

demidar

To be fair 13-2 has better gameplay and systems than 13. In fact I would say it's the best game out of the three from a pure gameplay stand point with the monster system and what not.

Too bad the story is rather awful

I thought 13-3 beat 13-2 in gameplay?

Then again, it could just be putting on airs, I haven't payed much close attention to either games.

Zenfalcia

Yes but I don't see how that is relevant to steam sales

Waiting for steam sales... Like waiting for winter sales.. i'm trying to equate waiting isnt too bad since you'll get your thing eventually and with steam it'll be cheaper eventually... i didnt think that entire response through or this either. :/

Edit: dont expect a fast response.. i'll be back in 1.5 hours.

croten

Waiting for steam sales... Like waiting for winter sales.. i'm trying to equate waiting isnt too bad since you'll get your thing eventually and with steam it'll be cheaper eventually... i didnt think that entire response through or this either. :/

I'm just saying that the Steam Autumn sales are going to start tomorrow which will have sales just as good as the winter ones.

Christ Evil Within is god awful on console.

I've never seen a more shitty frame rate on a PS4 game.

Controls are awful and the camera always gets stuck in walls. Sebastian can't wall hug for shit in the proper direction you want him to unless you spin in place until you land on the wall at just the right angle.

I know it gets better letter on but I'm sorry, I can't do it on console. I'll just stick with watching the LP.

Zenfalcia

Controls are awful and the camera always gets stuck in walls. Sebastian can't wall hug for shit in the proper direction you want him to unless you spin in place until you land on the wall at just the right angle.

I know it gets better letter on but I'm sorry, I can't do it on console. I'll just stick with watching the LP.

You forgot to mention the awful letter boxing.

Everyone does...

lord gaben can destroy my wallet now and in december. Rip in peace money.

360pages

The game is okay, but it's marred by design choices and oddness.

Xiraiya

You just need to stop being a baby and get better.

You forgot to mention the awful letter boxing.

I didn't because that actually doesn't bother me. It's mainly just the god damn camera and frame rate.

The game is okay, but it's marred by design choices and oddness.

Cleared out the entire village in Chapter 3 before I spawned Chainsaw Guy, then as soon as I did suddenly a ton of guys come pouring out of nowhere.

Shit game design is shit. When it happened in the LP I figured Pat just missed a few guys but nope, they just magic in out of nowhere.

You just need to stop being a baby and get better.

Play it before you spout nonsense.

Yeah... It's not great!

I feel like this game was severely rushed in order to match up with Alien:Isolation just to meet an October release date.

Shameful too, because the weird aesthetic the game has appeals to me.

360pages

I didn't because that actually doesn't bother me. It's mainly just the god damn camera and frame rate.

Cleared out the entire village in Chapter 3 before I spawned Chainsaw Guy, then as soon as I did suddenly a ton of guys come pouring out of nowhere.

Shit game design is shit. When it happened in the LP I figured Pat just missed a few guys but nope, they just magic in out of nowhere.

Play it before you spout nonsense.

Like I said before, it's pretty much took a lot of things from RE4 but made them worse. This goes back to trying to be a serious RE4, with true horror elements forgetting that they just gave you a magic cross bow that can freeze people.

It comes down to the game not knowing what it wants to do. Does it want to be a serious horror game with 30FPS cinematic experience? Or does it want to be an arcade horror action game that throws waves of enemies at you that have giant chapter clear at the end of each level.

That too, that framerate is no excuse, they really should have made it with 60FPS in mind considering it doesn't break the game to run a that.

IdTech 5, plus Japanese developers, means unavoidable mess. The PC version, despite not being the worst release of the year, is inexcusable in 2014.

Game should have just used Unreal and gotten a delay.

Like I said before, it's pretty much took a lot of things from RE4 but made them worse. This goes back to trying to be a serious RE4, with true horror elements forgetting that they just gave you a magic cross bow that can freeze people.

It comes down to the game not knowing what it wants to do. Does it want to be a serious horror game with 30FPS cinematic experience? Or does it want to be an arcade horror action game that throws waves of enemies at you that have giant chapter clear at the end of each level.

Yep. I don't feel too bad, considering I bought it new at 30 and it was the special edition holographic cover, but man is TEW a rushed product.

Yeah... It's not great!

I feel like this game was severely rushed in order to match up with Alien:Isolation just to meet an October release date.

Shameful too, because the weird aesthetic the game has appeals to me.

I absolutely love watching the game, and when it actually plays well I love playing it as well but I just can't put up with the glaring issues in that early game.

If it shows up on Steam for less than 30 bucks I'll definitely pick it up and try one more time but that aside I'm glad I didn't buy it on console. Borrowed it from my uncle.

croten

Two_Best_Friends_Play_-_Super_Best_Laganns_2_1024x1024.jpg

HHNNNGG

Xiraiya

My Issues with Dark Souls II
I hadn't played DS2 yet when Pat and Woolie started the LP but now I've sunk a good 40+ hours into it and my initial thoughts were pretty much what I expected, the controls are retarded, I'm use to them now, but DS1 feels so fluid and on point compared to 2.

Honestly, the first experience with Evil Within is always rough, ESPECIALLY if you have no experience with any actual survival horror games before hand. RE4 it's fucking not, no matter how much it may seem to look like it at spots.

It really does benefit from paying attention to the environment and level design, as there's a shit ton of detail put into those areas and various things to take advantage of. Just shooting everything isn't viable.

So yeah, I'm saying to git gud.

Also I find it hilarious that a game in development for three to four days can be considered rushed. There's some bad decisions in regards to aspects of player control, camera placement, and a couple of chapters that are kind of weak, but everything else clearly had a shit ton of effort put into it.

Honestly, the first experience with Evil Within is always rough, ESPECIALLY if you have no experience with any actual survival horror games before hand. RE4 it's fucking not, no matter how much it may seem to look like it at spots.

It really does benefit from paying attention to the environment and level design, as there's a shit ton of detail put into those areas and various things to take advantage of. Just shooting everything isn't viable.

So yeah, I'm saying to git gud.

Also I find it hilarious that a game in development for three to four days can be considered rushed. There's just bad decisions in regards to aspects of player control, camera placement, and a couple of chapters that are kind of weak, but everything else clearly had a shit ton of effort put into it.

Oh I know it's not a shooter. If anything watching the LP helped me conserve ammo by using the kneecap/burn method. I just can't deal with the technical issues the game has right now on top of the fact that the game just spawned enemies into an area to make it harder for no real reason.

I didn't even need to bother clearing it. I can just trigger Chainsaw Guy and pull them all into a bomb and shooting it instead of wasting half a god damn hour clearing it for no reason.

Oberon

Banned
My Issues with Dark Souls II
I hadn't played DS2 yet when Pat and Woolie started the LP but now I've sunk a good 40+ hours into it and my initial thoughts were pretty much what I expected, the controls are retarded, I'm use to them now, but DS1 feels so fluid and on point compared to 2.

Git gut , calling controls "retarded" doesn't really qd to your argumentd.

Edit: but you're right, the controls where better in DS 1

What is happening?
Ps. Is the podcast already up?

Seriously you guys need to read the Pokemon Adventures Manga. It's pretty much JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but with pokemon

I did way back in school. It was the hypest Pokemon story(ies) I've read- all the way up to Diamond/Pearl where I stopped.

Ruby x Sapphire OTP.

Git gut , calling controls "retarded" doesn't really qd to your argumentd.

Edit: but you're right, the controls where better in DS 1

Honestly? I couldn't tell the difference, both were hard to fight with and took getting used to. Hence why I can't understand that complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom