• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNuARex.gif

tumblr_mws1tanRt01qdmrf4o1_500.gif

The best waifu

Charlie won't fit in the first name space, This is a really weird decision on their part. The Atlus Canon name is Yu Narukami, it is that in both the animes, Arena and Dancing all night right?

I ventured into Persona gaf to see if anyone else had said anything and found only waifu wars and this fanart one of the posters, Dantis drew

I have to know. Does anyone in persona GAF talk about anything before P3?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's a scene in the iM@S movie where it's raining outside and all I can think is "they're running out of time to save Yukiko".

Too much P4G.

Oberon

Banned
Sophitia and Cassandra from Soul Calibur

and

Poison from Street Fighter/Final Fight

I haven't play either of the games but I think I'll go with Poison.

I think I'll take a little break from Needless.
Not that I don't want to continue, it's just that I had a horrible day and need somthing really dumb and funny, with no
lewd
loli in it
How about Kokkuri-san? Yeah, I'll watch that for now.

I'm pretty sure Atlus just hates Persona 1/2 for some reason.
#MayaForUltimax

Thismanknow.gif

She got dem curves for days.
I honestly don't give a shit what gender she was born as.

Catherine Spoilers

Hell, Erica was a better love interest than the two Katherines in Catherine

Xiraiya

I'm pretty sure Atlus just hates Persona 1/2 for some reason.

Honestly, the premise and setup for P3 feels pretty explanatory to me, where as P4 was kind of "There's stuff here, nevermind why it's all like that" which was somewhat confusing at times.

So I feel like P3 and 4 together give me a good overall story that doesn't leave me thinking that I need to know about P1 or 2.

Which might be why they don't get acknowledged as much.

Oberon

Banned

Catherine Spoilers

What?!
I clicked a spoiler, and got spoiled.
I don't know what I excepted...
(I didn't know about the first one)

Honestly, the premise and setup for P3 feels pretty explanatory to me, where as P4 was kind of "There's stuff here, nevermind why it's all like that" which was somewhat confusing at times.

So I feel like P3 and 4 together give me a good overall story that doesn't leave me thinking that I need to know about P1 or 2.

Which might be why they don't get acknowledged as much.

There is no overall story. P1 and 2 are completely separate from p3 and 4 except for like the most obtuse of references. And p4 does derive it's most interesting ideas from p2, but that's just more taking elements from the other game, not really a plot related thing.

They don't get acknowledged as much because they aren't waifu simulators. That's all.

Sophitia and Cassandra from Soul Calibur

and

Poison from Street Fighter/Final Fight

I don't have a fighting game waifu but King from AoF/KoF is probably the closest thing to one that I have

Since Aaron isn't here I'll throw my guess for him out, Platinum the Trinity from Blazblue. magic girl loli anime? I like my chances

Catherine Spoilers

yeah Erica was my favourite character in that game, Yuri Lowenthal needs to get over it

So...how are you enjoying Etrian Odyssey?
Uni work got in the way and I kinda stopped playing games for a bit. Next essay is due Friday (which is cool because then I'll have PQ). Though the announcements for Etrian Odyssey V and a Mystery Dungeon crossover made me mad hype. I'm still trying to return to Untold but it feels like I'll need a cold day in next to a
metaphorical
fire and a hot drink with nothing to do to get back into it.

Fighting game waifus?
Leo (Tekken)
King (KoF)

ultimax

There is no overall story. P1 and 2 are completely separate from p3 and 4 except for like the most obtuse of references.

They don't get acknowledged as much because they aren't waifu simulators. That's all.
Basically this ^

I just wish Atlus would acknowledge them and show 1 and 2 some love. P2 does characters better and doesn't need social link nonsense to do it

Anyone else having a bit of trouble watching this? I'm not finding the Woolie-Liam dynamic working because I'm more focused on trying to get all the background information from the game while Liam talks about blowjobs.

Nope. My favorite Woolie/Liam LP (other than FF8) so far. If you're interested in strictly the game and not the banter, I mean they encouraged everyone in the description to buy it for themselves.

Nope. My favorite Woolie/Liam LP (other than FF8) so far. If you're interested in strictly the game and not the banter, I mean they encouraged everyone in the description to buy it for themselves.

It's not that I'm strictly interested in the game but I want to know what the fuck they're doing and why. I'm torn between listening to them and knowing what's happening.

ultimax

They are completely unnecessary and add almost nothing to the gameplay other than locking you out on some end game personas and level ups. The time management system is nonsense.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

I'm really hoping P5 will go into the direction of P2, but I'm just dreaming.

It's not that I'm strictly interested in the game but I want to know what the fuck they're doing and why. I'm torn between listening to them and knowing what's happening.

In that case it'd probably be easier to play the game for yourself then watch the LP. But then again it might be frustrating to know what they're supposed to do, but they don't.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

I'm really hoping P5 will go into the direction of P2, but I'm just dreaming.

Yeah that's never happening. Persona 4 sold more than P2 would ever dream of selling. I can only hope the quality of writing goes back t p2 levels. But considering how well written Catherine is, I believe they can do it.

They are completely unnecessary and add almost nothing to the gameplay other than locking you out on some end game personas and persona level ups. The time management system is nonsense. I should hang out with people because I want to. Not because I want more Personas.

This so much. Honestly, I think Baldur's Gate 2 did interacting with party members the best in general and romances as well, why other people don't copy that and why Bioware themselves quit doing that I will never understand.

Also the Social Link system is designed for waifus and husbandos!
Nah its there to pad the game out with an already padded RPG elements. The games could add cool characterization outside the party members due to talking to and helping random NPCs that I enjoyed talking to.
This so much. Honestly, I think Baldur's Gate 2 did interacting with party members the best in general and romances as well, why other people don't copy that and why Bioware themselves quit doing that I will never understand.
Man I need to get on that Baldur's Gate 2 hype. Another old ass RPG I need to play on my list.

Oberon

Banned
Ep 1
Wow this became depressing really fast, I actually started crying at the end, great, I think I'll go to bed now...

Retwatching the Jurrasic World trailer and part of me hopes with the Genetic hybrid stuff they try it with human DNA.

Perhaps I have played too much Resident Evil.

360pages

They should work on improving the story SMT if they want a darker Persona story and what not. Because SMTIV was rather meh over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom