• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DMC tries too hard, then Bayonetta should be in the try hard Hall of Fame.

C'mon son.

It's the specific way that Dante tries too hard. I stopped giving a hoot about the franchise after he rode around a room on a rocket going "Woo!" like an idiot in 3. If 5 is real, I'm glad a quality franchise can live on but I'm not interested in it myself.

Bayonetta does a much better job at trying.

The only thing going through my head right now is that DMC 5 has the potential to be better than Bayonetta. That thought is bringing me to tears.

I am way more excited for DMC5 than more Bayo, especially now that Bayo 2's time has come (and so did I).

I also think Bayo is one of my least favorite character action games, and I mean that like I'm saying it's my least favorite child.

croten

It's the specific way that Dante tries too hard. I stopped giving a hoot about the franchise after he rode around a room on a rocket going "Woo!" like an idiot in 3. If 5 is real, I'm glad a quality franchise can live on but I'm not interested in it myself.

tumblr_mhta89m9uH1rliwhjo1_500.gif

Appropriate

360pages

I will always, Always love DMC series more than Bayo, not that I dislike Bayo. But DMC world just seems more coherent and interesting. Despite more shit being in Bayo's world, it always felt odd strange, not a lot of story possibility

Yeah, but that was a level in Bayonetta. And it was as dumb.

I have always said that Bayonetta is a bigger, dumber DMC.

croten

I will always, Always love DMC series more than Bayo, not that I dislike Bayo. But DMC world just seems more coherent and interesting. Despite more shit being in Bayo's world, it always felt odd strange, not a lot of story possibility

Yeah the DMC world is more interesting to me too but Bayonetta has better gameplay in my opinion

Yeah the DMC world is more interesting to me too but Bayonetta has better gameplay in my opinion
DMC4's combat is still unmatched.

I wish I could say what made it feel better for me, but since I can't, I'll just say that DMC4 is the best feeling character action game I have ever played.

croten

I wish I could say what made it feel better for me, but since I can't, I'll just say that DMC4 is the best feeling character action game I have ever played.

I can't disagree there but Bayo just fits me more, it's a lot more fluid and smooth whereas DMC feels more precise and methodical.

DP'd like a bitch

The change in DMC4 to game feel, with hits feeling less meaty/crunchy than DMC3 is my main complaint about DMC4. When you DT it feels great, but I wish normal hits were more satisfying.

DMC3 is pretty easily my favorite action game ever though, even on a pure gameplay level.

360pages

The change in DMC4 to game feel, with hits feeling less meaty/crunchy than DMC3 is my main complaint about DMC4. When you DT it feels great, but I wish normal hits were more satisfying.

DMC3 is pretty easily my favorite action game ever though, even on a pure gameplay level.

I DMC3 is my favorite action game to date. The special addition just has so much more content and being able to play though the full game as either Dante or Vergil was amazing.

If DMC4 had the option to play all of the levels as either Dante or Nero once you finish the game I would probably love it more. That and the enemies in DMC4 are far more interesting than the ones in DMC3

On a pure level, DMC3 is 1b. It's near perfection.

I, however, love the style changing too much. It opened the gameplay in a way that I couldn't imagine.

croten

I DMC3 is my favorite action game to date. The special addition just has so much more content and being able to play though the full game as either Dante or Vergil was amazing.

If DMC4 had the option to play all of the levels as either Dante or Nero once you finish the game I would probably love it more. That and the enemies in DMC4 are far more interesting than the ones in DMC3

My problem with Vergil is that he feels like half a character and tacked on. In DMC 4 Dante and Nero are so in depth that it's overwhelming, especially Dante. I get the problem with level design but that's not an issue when all I play is Bloody Palace.

Been following Project Nimbus closely, that mecha game that's been out on Steam Early Access for a while now. Shit is coming along nicely. Controller support is finally working, and performance is way more optimized now, especially on the first mission after the tutorial.

Playing it with a controller feels especially good, though there are some weird button placements that can't be remapped as of yet (click the right stick for melee, what the hell?). But everything else, feels like ZOE and Another Century's Episode, high speed robot action this is indeed.

Shackzam

I'm back from the tournament. I got 5th. Fucking Ness is the worst match for DK. I lost both times to the same Ness. It was a decent sized 35 man tournament.

360pages

My problem with Vergil is that he feels like half a character and tacked on. In DMC 4 Dante and Nero are so in depth that it's overwhelming, especially Dante. I get the problem with level design but that's not an issue when all I play is Bloody Palace.

Really? I think he just has a little less depth than Nero personally. He might not have the demon buster, but he does have two extra weapons to make up for it, Plus the summon swords are more versatile than the Blue Rose

360pages

It was a level used to help establish scale and Bayonetta was too busy shooting shit to draw anymore attention to herself by screaming

To be fair, that level is legit awful and unfun on repeat playthoughs. Doesn't help one of the best bosses is behind it.

Devil May cry had the decency to usually have bosses either be their own mission or have a mission near the end where you fight though them all. DMC flat out lets you pick any boss you want.

I don't like Nero. He wasn't fun in the cutscenes, he was really fun to play, but not as fun as Dante, who was also more fun in the cutscenes, and just when you get enough of his skills to use him properly, you switch to Dante and have to start over, then, just when you get what you need from Dante you have to go back to Nero for a little bit.

4 would be way better if it was one or the other, but I would like it way less if it was just Nero.

360pages

I don't like Nero. He wasn't fun in the cutscenes, he was really fun to play, but not as fun as Dante, who was also more fun in the cutscenes, and just when you get enough of his skills to use him properly, you switch to Dante and have to start over, then, just when you get what you need from Dante you have to go back to Nero for a little bit.

4 would be way better if it was one or the other, but I would like it way less if it was just Nero.

Honestly, I wished they had time to give them both full 20 levels like they planned. 7-8 missions for Dante is too short and 12 for Nero just feels like I want to have 8 more with him.

It was a level used to help establish scale and Bayonetta was too busy shooting shit to draw anymore attention to herself by screaming

I don't see how Dante acting silly early on, in a scene that isn't really any goofier than Bayonetta getting her clothes ripping and moaning in the opening scene of Bayo1 and 2.

My ideal DMC 5 would basically be something like Otogi 2 in structure. Choose a character for any mission. Dante, Nero, Trish, Lady, fucking whoever. After Bayo 2's tag climax, I want more character action games with multiple playable characters.

Also, I just want it to immediately follow up on the special ending from DMC4, you know the one.

No that level was used because Kamiya loves Space Harrier

Wynaut both?

To be fair, that level is legit awful and unfun on repeat playthoughs. Doesn't help one of the best bosses is behind it.

Devil May cry had the decency to usually have bosses either be their own mission or have a mission near the end where you fight though them all. DMC flat out lets you pick any boss you want.

I never said anything about the quality of the mission, I dislike it as well.

Being equally goofy doesn't save it from being a different kind of goofy.

They're both egotistical, cocky protags who overpower their enemies in all cutscenes outside of gameplay, and that's as goofy as DMC3 Dante gets before he slowly matures, but agree to disagree here I suppose. Arguing about opinions of a character isn't gonna go anywhere.

I don't see how anyone dislikes Uncle Dante though.

What's wrong with goofy, exactly? I love how much of a dipshit Dante is.
Best (or worse in some iterations' case) part about Dante is that he never stays the same between each game. First one he's cool, cheesy guy the way Kamiya knows how, 3 has him being a young punk ass who experiences some legit character development, and then by the time 4 rolls around he's got so much experience under his belt that everything's a fucking joke to him.

I love it.

Squishy3

Holy shit Persona Q's battle music is so good. I can't wait to hear the boss theme.

Game is super easy even though I'm playing on hard.

Squishy3

I was afraid of that, have you encountered your first FOE yet?
I've walked by two but haven't bothered fighting one yet.

The hardest part is probably that skills cost more HP/SP in this than in all the other games but that's balanced out by the fact that if you hit an enemy's weakness your skills for the next turn cost 0. However, you lose that if the character with the boost gets hit by an enemy. Which is determined randomly of course, so it's a crapshoot if you actually get it or not.

Anung

Un Rama
Fuck knows how these guys knock out videos at the speed/quality they do. I've been spending half of today putting together a 20 minute video D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom