• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then it'll be locked faster than the podcast thread

tumblr_miga66bGCO1r922azo1_500.gif

I'm not actually salty, but it's fun as a joke

360pages

So I was talking about story structure on the writing boards.

Some stories sort of just stop, there is always a start to a story but the middle and end can easily be fuzzy. A slice of life or adventure story without any real big bad guy or with a vague goal are these stories. Your One Pieces and Dragon Balls (Not Z)

A more structured story tends to be shorter. But a regular structure is

1. Character/Characters are introduced.

2. A problem is presented.

3. How does these characters go about solving this problem?

4. They make a motion to solve it/ the climax

5 The problem is solved and the resolution happens

So I was talking about story structure on the writing boards.

Story structure is probably my biggest problem with anime, since so many times they ignore the middle section. I find the beginning and end are all they think about and ignore all of everything leading up to it, which is what gives those ending bits their importance.

Hey, I like DOTA Master/resident anime fan/Smash champ Brad Shoemaker :(

Brad didn't like Kill la Kill. So he's obviously the truest anime fan of the group.

360pages

Some stories don't need to have overtly defined starts and stops. Sometimes the best part of a fuzzy ending is for that ending to come up again in some significant way later in the story.

Well that's true, though I did note that that was a very basic structure outline and plenty of stories don't actually have a goal or problem. Those actually tend to be the best kind, your Outlaw stars and other things. There is a main thread, but it's more of an excuse to go around doing things rather than being in the forefront.

So you don't like everyone else?

Nah, Dan and Drew are cool. I also like Jeff, even if I don't agree with like a single one of his game opinions lol. Vinny is also super cool. But I really don't look to giant bomb for gaming opinions, they're just a really fun group of people to watch and listen to about games.

Brad is the best
I'm just kidding no one beats jeff

But Brad thoooooo. He loves Destiny so much its hilarious.

Those guys are the ones that killed it tho!

It was OT2 that killed everyone. #NeverForget

Brad didn't like Kill la Kill. So he's obviously the truest anime fan of the group.

Kill la Kill isn't even an anime. He's busy watching things like Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Legend of the Galatic Heroes like a true anime fan.

I hate Brad Shoemaker for his DmC review.

If I took any of their video game reviews or opinions seriously, I'd probably only like Dan. Maybe.

360pages

Story structure is probably my biggest problem with anime, since so many times they ignore the middle section. I find the beginning and end are all they think about and ignore all of everything leading up to it, which is what gives those ending bits their importance.

The middle section of anything can be the best or worst part of it. Though creating story arcs in anything can be troublesome.

Liam does own at least one body pillow, he has the cyber dwarf body pillow from the Barkley 2 kickstarter.
Wow really? I should have backed that... Cyberdwarf was such a cool guy/basketball

Kill la Kill isn't even an anime. He's busy watching things like Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Legend of the Galatic Heroes like a true anime fan.
I guess I should go read OT2.

I can understand good animes like Legend of the Galactic Heroes but Oreimo? Nah.

Squishy3

But Brad thoooooo. He loves Destiny so much its hilarious.

If I took any of their video game reviews or opinions seriously, I'd probably only like Dan. Maybe.
Brad doesn't like Destiny anymore.

Squishy3

But he does and doesn't at the same time. It was really funny to listen to in the October podcasts when Jeff would keep telling him to shut up about it lol.
No, I'm pretty sure he's firmly of the camp "It's not a good game" anymore. They barely even talked about the expansion other than to shit talk the amount of content that's in it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
He pushed Metal Gear Rising out of the GOTY list for that game...

What did he say in his review? I never read it.

He gave it a perfect score, while admitting that he'd only played DMC1 for a little bit, and had no level of combat experience or background with the series.

I just think it's silly to review a game without having any degree of proficiency or history with its roots.

The middle section of anything can be the best or worst part of it. Though creating story arcs in anything can be troublesome.

I honestly don't know if there's a single most important part, beginning, middle or end.

Like, the beginning is what gets you in there, if you're not hooked your entire reason for watching is gone. But if the middle is bad then even if the beginning and ending are great, they're both impacted by the middle. The ending being bad can't ruin the good of the other two, but can make up for them being mediocre or bad.

I can't decide.

Brad gets addicted to crack too much. Its pretty adorable

Can't wait to see the next game he gets horribly addicted to.

No, I'm pretty sure he's firmly of the camp "It's not a good game" anymore. They barely even talked about the expansion other than to shit talk the amount of content that's in it.

I'm also sure they also put a ban on extensive Destiny talk because that was the talk of like 5 straight podcasts where it went on for dozens of minutes. Even more than the zaibatsu's smash shit talking when the 3DS version came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom