• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have it, how are you enjoying Persona Q

I was gonna play it, but decided to watch some of the handmade hero videos instead. Some really interesting stuff from a Memory/Programming perspective so far. Learning a lot, I'll probably play a little bit of Q in a little

You guys are saying that as though English dubs care about matching their actors to the characters.

Some of them do... Persona is popular here, so the loc team should work their hardest right?
I was gonna play it, but decided to watch some of the homemade hero videos instead. Some really interesting stuff from a Memory/Programming perspective so far. Learning a lot, I'll probably play a little bit of Q in a little
Your welcome. :) I need to view those during the break.

Some of them do... Persona is popular here, so the loc team should work their hardest right?

I don't know, man, Atlus USA feels like they've been trying less and less with the acting since 4 came out. They don't really need to try anymore either. I just hope P5 has dual audio, because even though I love the P4 dub now, I would have picked JP at the drop of a hat if I had the option.

Is yuri lowenthal that awful? Never watch dub animes :p

Yuri Lowenthal is actually pretty good, he just has absolutely no range. He played a British guy in Saints Row and he barely sounded any different.

I don't know, man, Atlus USA feels like they've been trying less and less with the acting since 4 came out. They don't really need to try anymore either. I just hope P5 has dual audio, because even though I love the P4 dub now, I would have picked JP at the drop of a hat if I had the option.
At least they changed the aweful Fuuka voice. It was a real fucking pain back in 3 and it was nonsense in how they directed her voice.

I would too since Yuri changed Yosuke's character and I don't want them to mess up some of the localizations due to VAs.
Can you provide an example? I never heard about him until now.
He's Sasuke from Naruto.

Your welcome. :) I need to view those during the break.

Thanks lol. To be able to get the chance to watch someone that worked on Gears 3 and developed programs used by games like Destiny is amazing. I also loved one of the lines he used early in the video "God forbid if people should help each other learn to program" when describing the non disclosure agreement. Only got about 40 minutes in, but I'll definitely watch it in chunks when I get the time.

sjay1994

He's just everywhere in games and in some anime. He's actually ok, but his voice is very recognizable.

Its usually direction.

I mean, I just finished the first episode of tales of the borderlands and was able to recognize the main characters where Troy Baker and Laura Bailey almost immediately because they are doing their "normal voice".

Surprisingly I had a hard time telling Nolan North was in the game, because he was throwing his voice off.

A lot of people just ask Yuri to do his normal voice.... something Nolan North got kinda annoyed with post Uncharted because almost everyone wanted him to do the Drake voice, which was his normal voice and people started picking him out easily.

Can you provide an example? I never heard about him until now.
The main example I want to use unfortunately is a walking spoiler in DDS2, so I can't use that.
Sheffield is such an asshole, oh my god it's so good.

He's been in a few of Platinum's games. Luka in Bayonetta, Wonder White in Wonderful 101.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
At least they changed the aweful Fuuka voice. It was a real fucking pain back in 3 and it was nonsense in how they directed her voice.

I would too since Yuri changed Yosuke's character and I don't want them to mess up some of the localizations due to VAs.

He's Sasuke from Naruto.
Never seen Naruto.
So he's Yosuke...
Is he just the JYB of videogames?

Wow I did so good tonight! I played a whole bunch of rounds against people around my skill level and won most of the matches.
most of the fights were against a really lame guy that spamed fireballs, throws, and vegas flips, it took me a while to realize it was a cross up.

ultimax

I'll probably play a little bit of Q in a little

242feecddc3f34a3e67b3df077238e691289689721_full.jpg

takamura has the best troll faces

For those who have it, how are you enjoying Persona Q

I like it so far but having to touch every single panel of a dungeon to open the special chest kinda pisses me off. The first one I saw required me to run back and step in corners that I didn't need to. It is just a minor thing and now I am making sure I touch every square inch but it is still annoying as all hell.
Some of the voice clips are of horrible quality. It mainly seems to be audio clips in battle. It is very noticeable how much lower quality they are.
I haven't really gone anywhere in the story after about 4 hours. The new characters have amnesia and the loli likes eating a lot. Teddy summed up the new girl character pretty quickly.
That was a joke, I honestly have not seen anything of her other than she is scared and the guy has 2 crossbows and protects her

Stop it. He is probably a nice person

He is probably really cool but one of my favourite meta games in gaming is pointing out him out in almost every game I play. He plays a nazi soldier in Red Orchestra 2

Zenfalcia

Finishing the podcast, didn't know Pat was a fan of One Piece. Hopefully he'll stick to the manga in the future.

I think he's going to stick to it, since he's been enjoying the anime.

Wow I did so good tonight! I played a whole bunch of rounds against people around my skill level and won most of the matches.
most of the fights were against a really lame guy that spamed fireballs, throws, and vegas flips, it took me a while to realize it was a cross up.

You're getting gud. Good job.

360pages

I like it so far but having to touch every single panel of a dungeon to open the special chest kinda pisses me off. The first one I saw required me to run back and step in corners that I didn't need to. It is just a minor thing and now I am making sure I touch every square inch but it is still annoying as all hell.
Some of the voice clips are of horrible quality. It mainly seems to be audio clips in battle. It is very noticeable how much lower quality they are.
I haven't really gone anywhere in the story after about 4 hours. The new characters have amnesia and the loli likes eating a lot. Teddy summed up the new girl character pretty quickly.

That was a joke, I honestly have not seen anything of her other than she is scared and the guy has 2 crossbows and protects her

As someone who played the EO series, that sounds like a legit nightmare. Even floor jumping in later games of the series only needs you to map out a majority of the floor.(70%)

Just telling you now, the area's are just going to get more complex and desgin and in mapping.

Thats fucking bullshit. I'm glad I didn't get it.

I'm surprised that this is a thing since Devil survivor Overclocked's VAs are a lot as well, but somewhat high quality.

I hope she changes... That some Otaku waifu bait.

oh yeah forgot to say, The music is great and I kinda wish I had gotten the special edition for the CD, I'm sure I'll find a full rip on my local anime music store and love that.

Zenfalcia

I bought it for the cards. I'm shamele- I mean have no shame.

Did you get the preorder or the special edition?

oh yeah forgot to say, The music is great and I kinda wish I had gotten the special edition for the CD, I'm sure I'll find a full rip on my local anime music store and love that.

Dude, it's so worth getting the special edition.. local anime store always has it in stock though. I might digitally import it to my phone to listen to all of it.

I legit want the soundtrack more than the game itself.

I'm almost the same, except the art is also cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom