• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Now I've never watched Kamen Rider but that doesn't sound right...

???

Now I've never watched Kamen Rider, but I know of the Power Rangers and Dr. Who is not the Power Rangers.

Dr Who is not sentai.

Hell Spiderman-u is more sentai that Dr. Who.

Yeah it, the potagonist goes on a series of broken ass adventures with broken ass powers as some friends.

And every once in a while a new season starts and he gets traded out for a new rider, with his own set of quirks. And it has been going on for a bajillion decades.

croten

Yeah it, the potagonist goes on a series of broken ass adventures with broken ass powers as some friends.

And every once in a while a new season starts and he gets traded out for a new rider, with his own set of quirks. And it has been going on for a bajillion decades.

What? The Doctor has his intelligence and a sonic screwdriver. His companions don't even have that, they only have their personality. I'd compare it to something like Star Trek if anything.

Village

What? The Doctor has his intelligence and a sonic screwdriver. His companions don't even have that, they only have their personality. I'd compare it to something like Star Trek if anything.

I would argue the booth is broke, But obviously he doesn't have a setai suit. I still would compare it to kamen raider .

You can have a Dr. Who forever team up reunion special.

You cna't do that with start trek there aren't that many captains for that.

I think you're mistaken here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentai

The Super Sentai Series (スーパー戦隊シリーズ Sūpā Sentai Shirīzu?) is a franchise of Japanese tokusatsu television dramas that uses the word sentai to describe a group of three or more costumed superheroes who often pilot fictional robotic vehicles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai

In every Super Sentai television series, the fight between good and evil is illustrated. The protagonists are typically a team of five (in some cases fewer) people who gain superpowers (magical or technological), wear color-coded uniforms, and use advanced weapons and martial arts skills to battle an antagonist group of evil beings threatening to take over the Earth.

croten

I would argue the booth is broke, But obviously he doesn't have a setai suit. I still would compare it to kamen raider , just the Dr. Strange version.

He never fights anyone. Ever. Like the most action he ever did was back in the early episodes one of the doctors had a knock out karate chop or some shit. Isn't Kamen Rider about fighting dudes?

Zenfalcia

Because it got answered two minutes later into the vid. But it's fine.

Also no, that's not how it works. Critical hit and damage don't stack. The handgun has low base damage and each damage upgrade increases said damage by a certain percentage. However, the damage is low and thus increasing the damage fully won't kill enemies in one shot. Crit is basically binary, meaning it either kills or it doesn't. If the first shot doesn't, the second almost always will, making the damage upgrade irrelevant. Upgrading both is redundant and while upgrading the damage to max is the less optimal choice from the start, you might as well stick to just that once you've started.

And there are plenty of useful upgrades. Putting points into carrying more grenades is great (extremely useful with bosses), Pat will also need stamina upgrades (which, considering he has referenced the p.m I've sent him, he already knows), flash bolt upgrades are amazing, more syringe efficiency, shotgun damage, upgrading harpoon bolt to max to break the game (takes tons and tons of gel tho) etc.

It doesn't matter much tho, the game isn't difficult and Pat is doing fine regardless.

Yeah.. i didnt think of how reduant it would be to have both.. in a sense critical is broken and removes the point of having damage as an upgrade. Maybe your tips will help him for the bosses at least.

Village

He never fights anyone. Ever. Like the most action he ever did was back in the early episodes one of the doctors had a knock out karate chop or some shit. Isn't Kamen Rider about fighting dudes?

yes.

Just replace fighting dudes with adventures through time and space.

croten

yes.

Just replace fighting dudes with adventures through time and space.

That's a pretty damn big replacement. Like adventuring through time and space is what Doctor Who is all about, you can't really compare it to something that isn't about adventures.

Anung

Un Rama
Watching Pat fumble literally the most simple puzzle in TEW was hilarious and cringeworthy in equal measure.

The LP is reaching LOU levels in terms of frustration as a watcher.

Kamen Rider isn't Sentai though. It's part of the greater tokusatsu genre alongside Sentai, but it's not Sentai.

Never saw a single Kamen Rider episode, so I wouldn't be the best person to judge.

But I do know the TOEI Spiderman is indeed Sentai based.

Watching Pat fumble literally the most simple puzzle in TEW was hilarious and cringeworthy in equal measure.

The LP is reaching LOU levels in terms of frustration as a watcher.

Talking and playing video games is hard, you guys.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Never saw a single Kamen Rider episode, so I wouldn't be the best person to judge.

But I do know the TOEI Spiderman is indeed Sentai based.

Sort of. The thing is, the main thing that connects it to Sentai, the giant robot, was done by Spider-Man first. It's actually a little bit more fair to say that Sentai is Toei Spider-Man based.

Okingjrr

Amazon has finally shipped my copy of smash! It should arrive tomorrow.
Sadly, it's one of the shitty delivery companies that's got it... we'll see how it plays out.

Xiraiya

Sort of. The thing is, the main thing that connects it to Sentai, the giant robot, was done by Spider-Man first. It's actually a little bit more fair to say that Sentai is Toei Spider-Man based.

It's not my area of knowledge, but I always regarded Sentai as anything with a Power Rangers-like format, giant robot, crazy people in fullbody colored suits doing whacky over exaggerated nonsense.

Even if that's not what that technically means.

It's not my area of knowledge, but I always regarded Sentai as anything with a Power Rangers-like format, giant robot, crazy people in fullbody colored suits doing whacky over exaggerated nonsense.

Even if that's not what that technically means

That is technically what it means.

Cain was right in that the Robot was added to future sentai shows because of TOEI Spiderman.

Xiraiya

That is technically what it means.

Cain was right in that the Robot was added to future sentai shows because of TOEI Spiderman.

That seems like an annoying technicality as every time I see Kamen Rider stuff, it just comes across as a more extreme version of Power Rangers.

i don't know if i should happy or sad with how completely broke i am but i got wonderful101
Dengeki bunko fighting climax also arrived, gonna beat up on kirito to relieve some stress

Oberon

Banned
Hello Friendres! What's up?
I think ORAS just arrived but I can't open it because it's technically not my packet and
Smash + gamecube adapter will arive tomorrow!

And today, my Geography teacher basically told the entire class to "git gud" after some complaint that we don't have enough time for his exams.

Okingjrr

Hello Friendres! What's up?
I think ORAS just arrived but I can't open it because it's technically not my packet and
Smash + gamecube adapter will arive tomorrow!

And today, my Geography teacher basically told the entire class to "git gud" after some complaint that we don't have enough time for his exams.
7d6.jpg

Git gud tho.

Guys! I'm not dead!

Just been playing a lot of Smash and not really posting all that much, HD Shulk is just too good.
Also I've found a way past that Gamecube adapter business. A couple years ago I got these wireless GC controllers from Gamestop that have two ports on them, one for a Gamecube, and one for a Wiimote. So plugging it into a Wiimote makes the Wii U read it as a Classic Controller, so I don't need an adapter!

Okingjrr

Guys! I'm not dead!

Just been playing a lot of Smash and not really posting all that much, HD Shulk is just too good.
Also I've found a way past that Gamecube adapter business. A couple years ago I got these wireless GC controllers from Gamestop that have two ports on them, one for a Gamecube, and one for a Wiimote. So plugging it into a Wiimote makes the Wii U read it as a Classic Controller, so I don't need an adapter!

I'm sorry, who are you again?
I'm kidding, of course
Or am I?

Gamer Y

Guys! I'm not dead!

congrats on still being alive. Haven't had too much time with Shulk, how is he?

Xiraiya

Hmm, so my PC is recognizing the controller when I plug it in, I thought maybe I broke the SCPDrivers but I re-installed those and they seem fine.

It seems to be that when I connect the controller, it does the windows noise and all that, but then the battery lights are flashing on the controller, which is something it use to do when you turned the PC off, I assumed it was a just a notification thing it does when the PS3 is switched off, but then the flashing stops, and it use to be that it would have 1 light still on to say "Yes this in use"

So either I broke the controller, or the USB cable for it is busted, or the USB Port is dodgy, who really kno- Oh I guess I'll grab the other controller and see what that does.

Guys! I'm not dead!

You know you should make a thread about this so people don't go crazy looking for GC Adaptors.

Shulk is the best.

I only used him once and sucked with him. I dont understand how solo B works.

croten

You know you should make a thread about this so people don't go crazy looking for GC Adaptors.

I only used him once and sucked with him. I dont understand how solo B works.

It cycles between different buffs. Each one has heir advantages, such as shield (The Yellow one) which makes you take less damage and you don't get thrown as far when hit.

Guys! I'm not dead!

I have one. Not only is it wireless, it also doesn't work when you have wi-fi on.

Argh! Right into the Nostalgia Organ!
Finally! Oh Hoenn! how I missed thee! The Water! The trompetes!

The redesigns of every area are fantastic. Get ready for your OCD completion to kick in once you get the Pokenav app that lets you hunt for wild pokemon. It'll give you a little crown for a particular area once you've captured all the wild 'mons that can be caught in that area.

The diving areas look spectacular.

Thank you.

Shulk has a lot of stuff if he has a move that allows him to cater to playstyles though.

I think the only Monado Arts I haven't found a real use for so far is Speed.

Also keep in mind you can cancel out of arts by swapping to another art, or by holding B for a few seconds. So at the start of the match I'll quickly swap to buster, rack up damage, and then adjust as needed.

Also important to note is that while using the Arts, you can't do other Special moves (like your recovery) until the Arts resolves. So be careful if you're trying to switch while being launched.

Oberon

Banned
The redesigns of every area are fantastic. Get ready for your OCD completion to kick in once you get the Pokenav app that lets you hunt for wild pokemon. It'll give you a little crown for a particular area once you've captured all the wild 'mons that can be caught in that area.

The diving areas look spectacular.

I can't say it enough times, but I love the Chibi models of all the characters!
You know what? I am so hyped to play this game that I'll do somthing that I have never done before.....take an handheld outside and play it at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom