• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been that way the past few parts, it's kickass. I love this playthrough now.

Yeah but in this one it's like, he got legit good. Like you know how you can have lucky streaks for certain parts and stuff. I was hesitant. Then this episode comes in and he's got the backstab timing down, he's using the broadsword correctly, he's doing shit right!

Also I'm posting this mostly for the interesting Samus design.

tumblr_nfn2moVZQu1r3envwo1_1280.png

croten

Yeah but in this one it's like, he got legit good. Like you know how you can have lucky streaks for certain parts and stuff. I was hesitant. Then this episode comes in and he's got the backstab timing down, he's using the broadsword correctly, he's doing shit right!

Also I'm posting this mostly for the interesting Samus design.

This reminds me, why the fuck isn't Krystal in smash?

croten

Its a tactical RPG. Would you want your game to autosave when you're on the brink of losing all your soldiers and getting a game over? At least the game lets you save whenever you want.

Auto saving after a battle would be okay, I completed a chapter and forgot to save which sucks. Not that I blame the game or anything.

DPd like a motherfucker

This reminds me, why the fuck isn't Krystal in smash?

Actually that's a good question. A bowstaff user in Smash would be interesting... I'm assuming she uses that stupid staff from Adventures because I haven't played any games passed that other than the 3DS 64 remake.

Also if the thread title is boobs you honestly won't see me for the entire thread. Come on, have a tiny bit of class guys. At least make it "life."

Yeah, I was just joking.

I guess I just don't really consider "boobs" to be either a meme or lewd. I just think it's a fun word. And a bit juvenile, which I think is fine.

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that boobs was a meme, I was specifically talking about Life and Hometown, considering how often you all keep saying them it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually became a OT name.

Auto saving after a battle would be okay, I completed a chapter and forgot to save which sucks. Not that I blame the game or anything.

DPd like a motherfucker

That'd be the absolute worst. What if you want to run a battle, but you lose some soliders but finish it anyway just so see the best way to go through it on a retry and then bam, autosaved. Soldiers are dead for good. That'd be complete bullshit. Tactical RPGs where you lose your soldiers should never have autosaves. The only instance where this would be ok is if the game's autosave was different than your own save file.

IGN continuing their bad negative points in reviews, From their very late Valkyria Chronicles review.

– So. Many. Cutscenes.
– No auto-saving

lots of cut scenes in a story and character driven Japanese strategy RPG? you don't say. The no auto save one is baffling to me

so play it like other games in a similar genre and save frequently, how is it a negative on the game if you didn't remember to save before you made a stupid move?

At least there isn't too much water or AI that's too good in VC. That would be unforgivable.

Actually that's a good question. A bowstaff user in Smash would be interesting... I'm assuming she uses that stupid staff from Adventures because I haven't played any games passed that other than the 3DS 64 remake.

She doesn't even use the staff in Adventures, I think.

I would really like it if they forgot that Crystal was even a thing. Or if they just annul everything past 64 from the series.

Fuck the stupid ass Command designs.

croten

That'd be the absolute worst. What if you want to run a battle, but you lose some soliders but finish it anyway just so see the best way to go through it on a retry and then bam, autosaved. Soldiers are dead for good. That'd be complete bullshit. Tactical RPGs where you lose your soldiers should never have autosaves. The only instance where this would be ok is if the game's autosave was different than your own save file.

Yeah good point. Didn't think it through

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you guys leave because of a thread title, then I don't know what to say to you. It's silly. Thread titles are pretty much meaningless. Nothing about the contents of the thread will change.

EDIT: That sounded a little harsher than I meant it. It's just a thread title.

croten

She doesn't even use the staff in Adventures, I think.

I would really like it if they forgot that Crystal was even a thing. Or if they just annul everything past 64 from the series.

Fuck the stupid ass Command designs.

She does at the start, plus she was the original owner. It would be nice to have a starfox character with a different moveset

If you guys leave because of a thread title, then I don't know what to say to you. It's silly. Thread titles are pretty much meaningless. Nothing about the contents of the thread will change.

There is nothing barring this thread becoming boring that will get me to leave. It would extra silly to leave over something that I don't even care about.

Also, you shouldn't hate music people. Music is an art that is what you make it.

Yeah good point. Didn't think it through

Yeah, I'm not saying VC is completely without flaws, like the game slows down significantly from the 1/3 - 1/2 point way through the game with some of those missions being frustrating in difficulty and length. But its a really really solid game that IGN arbitrarily marked down because god forbid they give games too good a score.

Is it like FFT where there is one section where your fucked and can't go back and grind?

Exactly. Its why you never see autosaves in Tactics RPGs. They purposely want you to retry levels in case shit goes wrong so you can make a better run without losing anyone.

Hey guys. I'm starting to think this might be my last Best Friends Thread. I'll visit once in awhile i'm just busy with other threads :p
Oh no! I'll miss ya.

Yes!
My plan of slowly transforming this into the Prison school OT is working (^o^)y

Where are you exacly and what do you think of it?

It's pretty good. A lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.

I'm starting chapter 51.

There is nothing barring this thread becoming boring that will get me to leave. It would extra silly to leave over something that I don't even care about.

Also, you shouldn't hate music people. Music is an art that is what you make it.

Well it is getting to that point for me, the thread title going to that extent would be "the straw that broke the camel's back', to be melodramatic.
I don't participate in most of the discussions here anymore, but I still like it because of the cool people and the times where interests do align.
It's not even about being crass or whatever, as I've drawn worse things in the name of anatomy, I just don't care for the nonstop "lewdgaf" that's been going on for a long time.
I'm not mad, it's just a different direction that I have no interest in being a part of.

The fact that I'm even talking about this and not just leaving shows that I have respect for you guys, I did have alot of fun here after all.
All good things come to an end, so no more debbie downers here, have all the lewd talks you guys want, you drove everyone else away.
that last bit was a sassy joke, don't get mad

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well it is getting to that point for me, the thread title going to that extent would be "the straw that broke the camel's back', to be melodramatic.
I don't participate in most of the discussions here anymore, but I still like it because of the cool people and the times where interests do align.
It's not even about being crass or whatever, as I've drawn worse things in the name of anatomy, I just don't care for the nonstop "lewdgaf" that's been going on for a long time.
I'm not mad, it's just a different direction that I have no interest in being a part of.

The fact that I'm even talking about this and not just leaving shows that I have respect for you guys, I did have alot of fun here after all.
All good things come to an end, so no more debbie downers here, have all the lewd talks you guys want, you drove everyone else away.

Hey, we tried to start the IRC to get rid of that sort of thing, but nobody wanted to use it.

=/

A few of us have tried to get the lewd out and well... It always goes back to that conversation.

But you shouldn't be afraid to speak up either if you aren't enjoying it.

Oberon

Banned
Yeah I've been reading it too. Hana X Kiyoshi OTP

Hana is the best! She's basically a hotter Chie

Alright but don't forget... YourHereForever.jpg We will miss you!

Just make the OT already...

I am too scared

tumblr_m04w5kXzTN1qe9r2fo6_r1_250.gif

I'll come back once in awhile. it's just.. theres a lot of stuff i'm going through now.

I hope it's not because of me :(
I'll stop, but pleaso don't go away!

Oh no! I'll miss ya.

It's pretty good. A lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.

I'm starting chapter 51.

Oh! Glad you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom