• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless that guy in the armored suit holding her hand is actually Kanji, I wouldn't be so sure.

They are ruining the OTP, so this is what naruto fans feel like.

I had every intention going into P4G to gun for Naoto for reasons, but Kanji ended up being such a cool fucking guy I just couldn't do that to him.

Kanji was so awesome that I used him in battle, even though he was shit at everything. Same thing with naoto

I had every intention going into P4G to gun for Naoto for reasons, but Kanji ended up being such a cool fucking guy I just couldn't do that to him.

They have a strong tension in PQ right now, it is cute, I hope in this canon fanfiction something doesn't happen between them (I know they never will) and they just forget it for plot reasons. Kanji is awesome and while the whole OTP thing is usually a joke for me I do like the KanjixNaoto pairing

Probably an android like Aigis and Labrys.

This was my thought.

They have a strong tension in PQ right now, it is cute, I hope in this canon fanfiction something doesn't happen between them and they just forget it for plot reasons. Kanji is awesome and while the whole OTP thing is usually a joke for me I do like the KanjixNaoto pairing

I really wanna pick up PQ but I don't know if I'd miss anything important having not finished P3 yet.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They have a strong tension in PQ right now, it is cute, I hope in this canon fanfiction something doesn't happen between them and they just forget it for plot reasons. Kanji is awesome and while the whole OTP thing is usually a joke for me I do like the KanjixNaoto pairing

My copy of PQ is stuck at the leasing office until Saturday. :(

I think Atlus said that the game is pseudo-canon.

My copy of PQ is stuck at the leasing office until Saturday. :(

I think Atlus said that the game is pseudo-canon.

its probably canon in the terms that it does happen for real but it won't matter as everyone will forget everything or something. That is my guess at least, no one knows each other in P4A.
I know it doesn't play into the timeline but opening doors is a part of the start of the PQ story

Alfebit

Banned
Naoto was always interesting. Easily one of the best written ones even, though her S-Link was quite poorly handled. Shame.

Ten minutes and no one did it? Ok I guess it's my job.

image.php

Xiraiya

Probably an android like Aigis and Labrys.
Yeah he is.

Manga Spoilers said:
Originally known as "Genesis", a Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon of the Kirijo Group during the Shadow experiments in 1999, Sousei was designed and developed secretly by Yuri Kurogami and Tetsuma Tsuge as a back-up for the 7th Generation of androids and is the longest active out of all androids, having survived the death of his designer and the death of Takeharu Kirijo in 2009. However, he was considered a failure by the researchers since Tsukuyomi, unlike Palladion, is a non-combative Persona who has no battle abilities at all.

The Kirijo Group transferred both Sousei and Tetsuma Tsuge to Yagokoro City as a result of various violent crimes in the city. He is partnered with Naoto Shirogane by Touko Aoi in order to investigate a chain of disappearances of local high school students that seem to be related to a mysterious website called "Mayonaka Site".

Xiraiya

I know, but that has little to do with it. I've even said before that Chie works better if you're into that waifu stuff and that Naoto's S-Link is poor. It's just that the actual character background and theme is easily one of the best in the entire game, made more apparent to me now that I've almost finished it twice. Same with Kanji.

She really doesn't, she works best as a bro best friend and nothing more.

Alfebit

Banned
I know, but that has little to do with it. I've even said before that Chie works better if you're into that waifu stuff and that Naoto's S-Link is poor. It's just that the actual character background and theme is easily one of the best in the entire game, made more apparent to me now that I've almost finished it twice. Same with Kanji.

Yeah, I wouldn't know since I haven't gotten to P4G yet but I just wanted to make that joke.

JoJo94

You yes you. You're my favorite.

Reading that was getting me really interested because P4A is called something something Mayonaka Arena in Japan but after doing a quick translation it just means Dead of the Night or Midnight. It is still interesting and when a Local Anime Store has it in stock I'll be checking it out

you dare to insult tomboys in my presence Xiraiya?
your now on Smash Mewtwos list
edit: i meant people wanting it are trolls or horrible people lol

Xiraiya

Reading that was getting me really interested because P4A is called something something Mayonaka Arena in Japan but after doing a quick translation it just means Dead of the Night or Midnight. It is still interesting and when a Local Anime Store has it in stock I'll be checking it out
It makes me really curious about P5, if it's thing will be a website now instead of TV.

edit: i meant people wanting it are trolls or horrible people lol
Fair enough.

Squishy3

It's because that the Midnight Channel is Mayonaka TV in Japan. Git gud at being a Persona 4 nerd

You know what's funny? They actually don't get why Nintendo won't go mobile.

Price. You can not sell a game for $40 on mobile devices. You can not make money on mobile, unless you sell a lot of micro-transactions. You can not make money off the mobile devices themselves.

This isn't a tough choice. Nintendo has no money to make on mobile, using core franchises. Pokemon card game, sure. Advance Wars, like the guy suggested, hell no.

God, gaming journalism isn't just the most useless form of journalism, but insanely stupid, and should not be paid attention to.

And Nintendo doesn't even own Castlevania. That is probably one of the worst arguments that I have ever heard for Nintendo entering the mobile market.

You know what's funny? They actually don't get why Nintendo won't go mobile.

Price. You can not sell a game for $40 on mobile devices. You can not make money on mobile, unless you sell a lot of micro-transactions. You can not make money off the mobile devices themselves.

This isn't a tough choice. Nintendo has no money to make on mobile, using core franchises. Pokemon card game, sure. Advance Wars, like the guy suggested, hell no.

God, gaming journalism isn't just the most useless form of journalism, but insanely stupid, and should not be paid attention to.

Squeenix is still alive exclusively because they cater to the growing Japanese mobile market.

It makes fiscal sense for Pokemon to do that in Japan too.

JoJo94

Love you guys too =P.

She gives off a bro-like feeling rather than a romantic interest at times, but it depend on personal interpretation. There is plenty of optional romantic content if you actually look for it as well. And regardless of the bro-esque character, I'm still not sure whether it's worse than NaotoxYu, even more so considing how hard they keep pushing KanjixNaoto.

I was expecting something to make the joke anyway =P. It's fine.

Oh I didn't even mean the Chie part I just had to pick a favorite and you won. Congrats maragi...now go cook me dinner.

And regardless of the bro-esque character, I'm still not sure whether it's worse than NaotoxYu, even more so considing how hard they keep pushing KanjixNaoto.

I just can't see Yu and Naoto as a thing. When playing P4 anyway I treated it as a self insert as opposed to me playing as Yu Narukami.

That beauty pageant at the end. That was certainly interesting.

I should stream more but no one's interested in watching FF14 raiding here I'm sure. :p

Xiraiya

Are you implying that chick bro's can'e be any more than that?
Not at all, Chie specifically though doesn't make as much sense as other characters as a romance option, I appreciate the freedom but still.

I look at her, and I think to myself, can you honestly imagine her and Yu as a couple in the long term, getting married, maybe raising a family together etc. etc.
No, no I can not, I can however imagine her always being a pretty good bro who probably finds a nice girlfriend or has some kind of unconventional relationship with a guy that would be wildly different to Yu.

Squeenix is still alive exclusively because they cater to the growing Japanese mobile market.

let me break it down for you math style
Pokemon+mobile=microtransactions
Microtransactions+721 pokemon(and still growing)= batshit insane kids
batshit insane kids + abusing parents card=pissed off parents
pissed off parents=massive lawsuits

There is a severe difference between Square and Nintendo. Nintendo still makes money off of their hardware. Square can not.

Nintendo would also have to scale back the play-ability of their games. And again, the pricing strategy that Nintendo takes would not be viable in the mobile market. There is a place that Nintendo could take, similiar to EA or Ubisoft on the mobile market, but they should not even attempt to make it a core of their business. The mobile space is the very definition of boom or bust.

seriously i can just see a kid paying money to get all the Pokemons even if its like a dollar for each thats still currently $721
add that plus all the worlds stupid kids and Nintendo has a shitstorm to end all shitstorms

croten

let me break it down for you math style
Pokemon+mobile=microtransactions
Microtransactions+721 pokemon(and still growing)= batshit insane kids
batshit insane kids + abusing parents card=pissed off parents
pissed off parents=massive lawsuits

I don't see how there would be lawsuits. If the children bough micro transactions then they fucked up, nintendo wouldn't be legally responsible. Even if they were they have the lawyers to make it no a problem

Not at all, Chie specifically though doesn't make as much sense as other characters as a romance option, I appreciate the freedom but still.

I look at her, and I think to myself, can you honestly imagine her and Yu as a couple in the long term, getting married, maybe raising a family together etc. etc.
No, no I can not, I can however imagine her always being a pretty good bro who probably finds a nice girlfriend or has some kind of unconventional relationship with a guy that would be wildly different to Yu.

I do agree on the whole Chie and Yu thing. I just don't see them working in any sense, same with Naoto. If anything the only one I felt actually worked with Yu was Rise.

The reason nintendo is failing is because theyre doing well!? What is this nonsense!?

Well, they aren't doing too hot. Games sell well, but devices ain't moving. The way they kill the Wii U off, to start the next console, will be interesting.
seriously i can just see a kid paying money to get all the Pokemons even if its like a dollar for each thats still currently $721
add that plus all the worlds stupid kids and Nintendo has a shitstorm to end all shitstorms
One, $1 dollar for whatever Pokemon is ridiculous. Absolutely no way they do that, especially since they don't get 100% of the money. Two, you can not be sued for legal purchases. That's not even a settlement. Shit will get thrown out in court.

It's because that the Midnight Channel is Mayonaka TV in Japan. Git gud at being a Persona 4 nerd

I literally just explained how I'm in the process of doing that! Soon I will be above these baka gaijins and impress you with a sugoi kanji writing abilities, will that make you accept me Squishy-san?

So I looked up some PQ game play and.... >_>

I'm sure I'd get used to it but man I dislike that dungeon movement. The music is so damn good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom