• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gonna probably grab both Abyss Odyssey and Astebreed (SBFP Japanese Games)

ibg5lVz181PLYQ.gif

2014 has been a great year for indies

Abyss Odyssey looks interesting. I hadn't seen anything on it until now.

JoJo94

I do agree on the whole Chie and Yu thing. I just don't see them working in any sense, same with Naoto. If anything the only one I felt actually worked with Yu was Rise.

The problem with yu and rise is that. She seems more of a hookup girl because of how bad she wants the d. Like I couldn't see yu marry her because it would just be sex for a while.

Xiraiya

I do agree on the whole Chie and Yu thing. I just don't see them working in any sense, same with Naoto. If anything the only one I felt actually worked with Yu was Rise.
And this is why Beloved and I agree that Rise is the best, as a written character she's not really any better than any of the others, I like all of the P4 cast fairly evenly honestly, well Naoto is the one I was least interested in, but still.

The problem with yu and rise is that. She seems more of a hookup girl because of how bad she wants the d. Like I couldn't see yu marry her because it would just be sex for a while.

They both just feel larger than life as characters so that just seems to work to me. Either of them hooking up with any of the rest of the cast just doesn't feel like they belong.

But again as I said, when I played P4G I played Yu as more of a self insert so I went down the Chie route and loved it.

Squishy3

Swag Narukami would prevent Rise from getting depressed and becoming a crackhead after her idol career inevitably ends and they can live in their sick Japanese mansion that they bought with Rise's idol money for the rest of their life that's designed after her dungeon in the TV world.

ElTopo

Banned
I just bought KOF98UMFE on Steam and have $3.70 left on my Steam wallet. Money is pretty tight for me, so what games should I check out that are almost $4 or less? I love action games and fuck Dive Kick.

JoJo94

They both just feel larger than life as characters so that just seems to work to me. Either of them hooking up with any of the rest of the cast just doesn't feel like they belong.

But again as I said, when I played P4G I played Yu as more of a self insert so I went down the Chie route and loved it.

You are kind of right for Rise her hooking up with anyone else would not really work. I do think Rise works for Yu but personally not as much as Chie.

Swag Narukami would prevent Rise from getting depressed and becoming a crackhead after her idol career inevitably ends and they can live in their sick Japanese mansion that they bought with Rise's idol money for the rest of their life that's designed after her dungeon in the TV world.

Actually I'm pretty sure Yu would be the one depressed.

Xiraiya

Only if you're looking at her superficially, her whole thing was basically that there is more to her than that but no one would ever bother to regard her as anything more than an idol or something to fap to/hit on, but Yu is the first real person who doesn't immediately see her as this object or sex thing and has the power to help her combat her darkness and see the real rise under that bubbly/child-like attitude she generally has.

So, them in the long term, makes a lot of sense to me, even if it took a little while for them to settle down, she's not a slut.

Two questions. Are the first two Far Cry's good games to get into, and do they run on Uplay.

No and no.

I don't know much about the first one but the second one is super boring and you spend most of the time in driving in a car to go to the next location only to be stopped every 5 minutes by a group of crazy people.

JoJo94

Only if you're looking at her superficially, her whole thing was basically that there is more to her than that but no one would ever bother to regard her as anything more than an idol or something to fap to/hit on, but Yu is the first real person who doesn't immediately see her as this object or sex thing and has the power to help her combat her darkness.

So, them in the long term, makes a lot of sense to me, even if it took a little while for them to settle down, she's not a slut.

Oh I wasn't calling her a slut (had a feeling someone might think that) I wasn't trying to say that like Yu views her as an object but there are parts of the game where she pretty much hints at sex a decent amount. There is more to her than there seems but I think her thing of not wanting to be an idol isn't that strong personally. Again I wasn't trying to insult her character.

It's finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

No and no.

I don't know much about the first one but the second one is super boring and you spend most of the time in driving in a car to go to the next location only to be stopped every 5 minutes by a group of crazy people.

Cool. I guess it's just Bastion for now then.

I remember hearing things about Malaria for the second Far Cry, and losing all interest.

Beloved

Yeah cuz girls who are interested in sex are one dimensional and don't have any depth or other feelings/desires...OH WAIT.

Just sounds like you are reducing her to a sex object and nothing more, whereas that's something Yu did not/would not do.

JoJo94

Yeah cuz girls who are interested in sex are one dimensional and don't have any depth or other feelings/desires...OH WAIT.

Just sounds like you are reducing her to a sex object and nothing more, whereas that's something Yu did not/would not do.

Read my previous post.

Cool. I guess it's just Bastion for now then.

I remember hearing things about Malaria for the second Far Cry, and losing all interest.

The malaria mechanic is fine and 2 probably has the best use of fire in any game ever. But it becomes so boring after the first like 5 hours.

in fact shes the most boring character in any game
Eh, I've seen worse waifus. Like that one girl from skyrim that follows you around.

Xiraiya

Oh I wasn't calling her a slut (had a feeling someone might think that) I wasn't trying to say that like Yu views her as an object but there are parts of the game where she pretty much hints at sex a decent amount. There is more to her than there seems but I think her thing of not wanting to be an idol isn't that strong personally. Again I wasn't trying to insult her character.

I think it's true she probably has a pretty potent libido and so on, which is probably a combination of her personality and a side effect of the life she has lived of being sexualized, even if she never slept around with anyone. It doesn't invalidate her depth if she's more willing to bang Yu than everyone else though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
"There are parts of the game where she pretty much hints at sex a decent amount."

I did, and I still just see you taking one aspect of her character and using it as a reason why she wouldn't make a good long term partner.

God forbid she have a libido.

Nordicus

I just bought KOF98UMFE on Steam and have $3.70 left on my Steam wallet. Money is pretty tight for me, so what games should I check out that are almost $4 or less? I love action games and fuck Dive Kick.
Throwing a curve ball and recommending Dark Messiah of Might & Magic for 1st person action RPG with genuinely fun combat (and physics hilarity)

That's in your price range, right? I can only see euro price of 3€

JoJo94

"There are parts of the game where she pretty much hints at sex a decent amount."

I did, and I still just see you taking one aspect of her character and using it as a reason why she wouldn't make a good long term partner.

I didn't I said that to me her problem of not wanting to be an idol and all the other stuff is not that strong again to me.

I think it's true she probably has a pretty potent libido and so on, which is probably a combination of her personality and a side effect of the life she has lived of being sexualized, even if she never slept around with anyone. It doesn't invalidate her depth if she's more willing to bang Yu than everyone else.

That's were I agree with you all of her feelings are focused on Yu which is why I would never like right her off completely as a date character because she knows who she wants just personally I don't view her as Yu's wife.

I can't even tell if this is waifu wars or a serious discussion of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom