• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lu7majs1LV1r05ly0.gif
GRIFFISUUUUUYU!
ive never seen Berserk.

The problem is that this whole thing was happening under the table since I agreed to it in order to help a homeless couple get into this apartment for thanksgiving. But now I can't afford that so unless I get this worked out that couple just has to stay homeless.

I'm not following you...
I thought you were getting a studio apartment?

sjay1994

That was me after beating AC3 after it was released. I was so upset that later that night my roommates and I went to my friend's bday party and apparently I got so drunk that I was just ranting about how much I hated that game to before before blacking out and puking off the porch.

I wasn't that upset about AC3. I went.... okay. You guys tried something new, it didn't really work out.... hopefully you get it next time.

And they did with AC4.

But unity..... this whole year leading up to release was a clusterfuck, and the game itself was an even bigger mess.

THEY FUCKED UP.

You ever had that feeling when people shit talk something you enjoy.... but you can't dispute them because everything they are saying is fucking true?

I might start drinking now.

FUCK UNITY.

Ubi.... what the fuck happened this year?

JoJo94

I wasn't that upset about AC3. I went.... okay. You guys tried something new, it didn't really work out.... hopefully you get it next time.

And they did with AC4.

But unity..... this whole year leading up to release was a clusterfuck, and the game itself was an even bigger mess.

THEY FUCKED UP.

You ever had that feeling when people shit talk something you enjoy.... but you can't dispute them because everything they are saying is fucking true?

FUCK UNITY.

Overhyping things.

And they did with AC4.

THEY FUCKED UP.

FUCK UNITY.

Everyone was drunk except the guy working on Farcry 4

What about that purple alien prince? I'm sure he showed up enough times to be considered part of the cast... kinda. Other than him I love every other characters
I dont really hate him. I mean hes no Sasuke or Sakura in level of dislike. Hes just kinda there. I completly forgot about him actually.

I'm not following you...
I thought you were getting a studio apartment?

I'm sharing a one bedroom right now. Landlord leaves a note and we work out a deal where I switch to a two bedroom as this couple gets my old one. Today he calls, having forgotten the details of this arrangement telling me to pay deposits and get rid of my cat, despite legally having no right to do so. It's a clusterfuck.

I'm sharing a one bedroom right now. Landlord leaves a note and we work out a deal where I switch to a two bedroom as this couple gets my old one. Today he calls, having forgotten the details of this arrangement telling me to pay deposits and get rid of my cat, despite legally having no right to do so. It's a clusterfuck.

Do you have a written formal lease? Like, at all?

Xiraiya

I really need to see ATLUS make a Persona Gintama game, with Kabukichou exploration and S-links all over the place, it would be an amazing parody.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm lucky I've got a relatively cool landlord. I'm on a month-to-month lease (technically, I'm on no lease, nothing written, at least), have been for three years, and I'm not worried at all. Landlord's a really cool guy, and I think he's happy to have me as a tenant since I've paid my rent on time every month for four years. While he hasn't been able to keep anyone in the downstairs apartment for longer than a year. So yeah, I think he's just happy to have a good, reliable tenant.

God dammit, I was trying to fuse Valkyrie and Margaret fucked up and got me Oberon. Great, another crappy zio type, just what I wanted. Thanks
<3

Xiraiya

I hate how the only gintama game is a japanese exclusive PSP monopoly game

There are so many amazing possibilities, I remember telling Beloved during Yakuza 4 that they could just take everything in Yakuza, replace the characters, make it dumber, make it cel shaded and boom, fantastic Gintama RPG open world game.

Have you been reading the Manga lately?

The amount of gintama stuff you've been bringing up really brings back memories, if they really aren't going to make another anime then i'll have no choice but to read the manga, do you know what chapter to start on right after the anime?

Xiraiya

The amount of gintama stuff you've been bringing up really brings back memories, if they really aren't going to make another anime then i'll have no choice but to read the manga, do you know what chapter to start on right after the anime?

Oh boy, you're in for a treat, the arc right now has been by far the most legit one in the series, but that goes for all Shogun stuff usually.

I think it's around the 400 mark that the anime stopped, but there are things the anime didn't do and the order of some stuff was swapped around from the Manga, so it might be a little tricky figuring out where you want to leave off.

Oh boy, you're in for a treat, the arc right now has been by far the most legit one in the series, but that goes for all Shogun stuff usually.

I think it's around the 400 mark that the anime stopped, but there are things the anime didn't do and the order of some stuff was swapped around from the Manga, so it might be a little tricky figuring out where you want to leave off.

Are the things left out important? Or are they comedic one offs? And i'll probably start around chapter 370-380

Xiraiya

Are the things left out important? Or are they comedic one offs? And i'll probably start around chapter 370-380

I think they were pretty minor, it was probably a case of "We have limited episodes so we'll make the most of what we have left with these stories that are a little more significant instead"

Xiraiya

I wish he would come back even if he isn't voice acted. They removed him completely due to his VA being dead in Japan. I don't care about his voice he's been with Persona since forever.
This is a thing Japan does quite a bit out of respect, if they can get away without it wrecking the whole series, they remove characters if that character's VA died.

This is a thing Japan does quite a bit out of respect, if they can get away without it wrecking the whole series, they remove characters if that character's VA died.

but why American Igor since hes still alive?
would it really be hard to just make Marie replace Igor exclusively for Japan?

Or do something like with Heihachi in TTT2 where he became his younger self and his voice changed accordingly.

So either leave him be, bring him back for a no voice cameo, or pull something out of your ass in canon to justify why his voice is different.

Xiraiya

but why American Igor since hes still alive?
would it really be hard to just make Marie replace Igor exclusively for Japan?

I'm sure the last thing they're thinking of are dub voices in a situation like that, and rightly so, see from what I can tell, Igor had the same VA throughout his time, in both game and anime, so he was associated enough with that character for them to be like "We don't really want to change how Igor sounds so let's take him out, out of respect and work around it."

And didn't think twice about the dub VA.

Or do something like with Heihachi in TTT2 where he became his younger self and his voice changed accordingly.
So either leave him be, bring him back for a no voice cameo, or pull something out of your ass in canon to justify why his voice is different.
Tekken verse is a universe where I can believe Heihachi was able to pull that off through some bullshit, so I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom