• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thing Japan does quite a bit out of respect, if they can get away without it wrecking the whole series, they remove characters if that character's VA died.
I can understand that, but Igor didn't always have a voice. In 1 and 2 he never had voice acting to my knowledge. It should be when a VA completely defines that character where on that aspect. In doing so, the character is essentially dead because his VA died. Igor was already a creepy guy in 1 and 2 even without voice acting. I do understand that this is a gesture of respect to the VA, but its not respecting the character in my eyes.

I think they were pretty minor, it was probably a case of "We have limited episodes so we'll make the most of what we have left with these stories that are a little more significant instead"

Then I won't pay any mind to them, i'll probably start reading it tomorrow then

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
but why American Igor since hes still alive?
would it really be hard to just make Marie replace Igor exclusively for Japan?

Japan develops for Japan first and foremost, especially where games like Persona are concerned.

It doesn't hurt anything to remove Igor and replace him with Marie/Liz/whoever, so why would Atlus want to spend even a small amount of dev time making a change for one region exclusively? I mean nobody's going to not buy a Persona game because Igor's no longer part of the series, so it really isn't worth Atlus' consideration.

I thought they would be more mature and swing the vote to the woolie one.
urkel.gif

Xiraiya

I mean the Persona dub isn't bad, but it's way more awkward than the japanese voices, I patched P3P to use Japanese audio, feels more natural.
MGS is one of the few exceptions were the dub took priority over the regular Japanese voices.

Why would anyone post the title vote outside of this thread?

Squishy3

I mean the Persona dub isn't bad, but it's way more awkward than the japanese voices, I patched P3P to use Japanese audio, feels more natural.
MGS is one of the few exceptions were the dub took priority over the regular Japanese voices.

Why would anyone post the title vote outside of this thread?
[Insert Ultimate_Trainer posting dididothat.gif here]

I wanted to let lurkers vote for fun, but fuck me I guess.

edit: I don't mean that harshly, just that it sucks that it didn't go well.
Should we just remake the strawpoll? Its really just my fault...
quick guys lets make sure Yukiko doesnt win
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/waifu-wars-legend-best-girl-heat-one/
though shes up against Elizabeth so insert Fist of the North Star meme here
People have bad taste when they think Yukiko>Liz

Xiraiya

Well screw whoever posted on Reddit, I voted for the Woolie title, I don't really care but calling this thread "Boobs" is a stupid idea.

So go with the Woolie one anyway.

/Solution

Now, time for more important things.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that the whole reason it's down to "Boobs" and "Woolie title" is because they tied for first in the members only vote. So, it obviously has backing despite people being babies about it.

Xiraiya

I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that the whole reason it's down to "Boobs" and "Woolie title" is because they tied for first in the members only vote. So, it obviously has backing despite people being babies about it.

Why were there only 2 to begin with?

Do you have a written formal lease? Like, at all?

We do. It's not like we're going to be kicked out, it's just a huge fuck up on the landlord's part and now I have to deal with this shit while having everything in my apartment in boxes. I can't even really unpack because I might still have to move.

Yeah, you're right. That's why I'm fine with either winning. I'm mainly just "being a baby" about the fact that the redditor vote is the deciding factor, not our votes. Would have liked it if it was a bit more exclusive, but as I said before, what's done is done.

Doesn't reddit have their own title system?

That would be like someone from SA asking us to vote for their next megathread.

Xe4

Banned
Lurker here. Been following since OT1. I appreciate trying to involve us (me), but please don't do that. Also boobs is a really dumb title. It literally has nothing to do with SBF.

360pages

That boss rage for TEW.

Also, don't care much for boob, seems really random and doesn't have much to do with the best friends. Even if we are off topic, we still had a decent naming thing pertaining to the best friends.

Mind you that this title was tied with the other in our exclusive vote. It would be incredibly unfair to the winner to just have a recount because things didn't go your way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lurker here. Been following since OT1. I appreciate trying to involve us (me), but please don't do that. Also boobs is a really dumb title. It literally has nothing to do with SBF.

Welcome!

And "Boobs" is a dumb title. It's why I love it. It subverts the seriousness. If you have issues with this thread not having to do with the Super Best Friends and being Off Topic, then its clear you haven't been lurking long.

Xiraiya

I think it's very simple, go with the title related to the thread's purpose and then not think twice about it.

Just take a mental note next time on how to go about the voting.

If you include something as pointless as "Boobs" people will always vote for it because they think it'll be funny somehow.

It's not exactly hard to see where that was obviously going to lead.

yea
i mean even i think its a bit much the boobs title
and im the lewdest one here
just no redditors this time

The point is that it's silly and goofy and dumb. It's making fun of the seriousness of a thread title vote.

At this point, I'm just gonna scrap the whole vote. This is dumb and it's becoming a thing when it shouldn't. I'll just choose my own tagline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom