• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no one to talk, I have a Madoka wallet, Hatsune Miku lanyard and was at the time wearing my attack on titan backpack, but the jacket was so gaudy!

It was also too small for the guy too, so it stood out even more and the whole thing was just embarrassing to see.
$(KGrHqUOKiEE12DiV18BNiDJGE!)!~~_1_2625_1.JPG

That is pretty weird though, yeah.

So while waiting for the Zaibatsu's Evil Within LP to begin, I have started watching Maximillian's LP of the game.

What the fuck is happening in this game?

This end of Chapter 1 is fucking nuts.

So while waiting for the Zaibatsu's Evil Within LP to begin, I have started watching Maximillian's LP of the game.

What the fuck is happening in this game?

This end of Chapter 1 is fucking nuts.

Keep it spoiler free.

I have a 360 copy I haven't opened yet. I have school projects to finish before I indulge.

Speaking of MH4, who else is getting it? We could have some friender monster huntin' and killin' parties.
Dunno if I'll have it on New 3DS, but me and my Circle Pad Pro are in. I only started playing about 4 months ago with 3U and recently hit G rank. Good fucking game I tell ya what.
Bethesda telling Mikami to do RE4 again but not actually RE4 in less development time.
Haven't played TEW, but that's what I expect.

im back with before dinner impressions of Tales of Hearts R
great game so far even though im only in town 2
characters are so far much better than Xillia
also FINALLY a main character that doesnt put up with peoples crap, this is what ive always wanted, a smart, tough, badass Tales protagonist
ill post more impressions as i play the game more later

also FINALLY a main character that doesnt put up with peoples crap, this is what ive always wanted, a smart, tough, badass Tales protagonist

_1387382171.gif

Yuri Lowell?

Xux

I couldn't get into Valkyria Chronicles. The gameplay felt really off with the bad action paced to a strategy type thing and the odd tone of a wartime anime always weirds me out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm gonna take a controversial stance and say Yuri sucked. Flynn was a way better character, Yuri just struck me as basically Kirito.

Maybe it's because I don't know who the hell Kirito is, but Yuri is pretty great. Flynn's just a boyscout.

And he definitely doesn't put up with peoples' crap.

Maybe it's because I don't know who the hell Kirito is, but Yuri is pretty great. Flynn's just a boyscout.

And he definitely doesn't put up with peoples' crap.

He felt to me like a generic anime Mary Sue. He's the toughest, coolest cool guy in the land and doesn't follow anybody's rules but his own! He just felt lazy to me is all.

Tales has pretty bad protagonists as a whole, and Yuri is far from the worst, but I think people give him more credit than he actually deserves.

let's please not say a character who existed before kirigod is kirigod
jesus christ aaron
kirito is yuri get it right

I never get people getting hung up on what came first in comparisons, it doesn't really matter and I made the comparison because of the similarities and that Kirito is someone people know here.

croten

I couldn't get into Valkyria Chronicles. The gameplay felt really off with the bad action paced to a strategy type thing and the odd tone of a wartime anime always weirds me out.

Do you like tactics games like Xcom? Because it plays like Xcom with aiming.

360pages

I'm gonna take a controversial stance and say Yuri sucked. Flynn was a way better character, Yuri just struck me as basically Kirito.

Yuri could be a bit annoying at times, but at least he wasn't a complete jerk face like most of the cast from Abyss.

ToS has the best cast hands down, Legendia's cast would have been better if they were in an actual decent game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
He felt to me like a generic anime Mary Sue. He's the toughest, coolest cool guy in the land and doesn't follow anybody's rules but his own! He just felt lazy to me is all.

Tales has pretty bad protagonists as a whole, and Yuri is far from the worst, but I think people give him more credit than he actually deserves.

Most protagonists are "Mary Sue's" by default. The difference is that Yuri actually had a personality, and he's not in your face about anything.

Considering that he's NOT what most Tales protagonists are, I'm surprised at the notion of him being a generic anime protagonist.

Most protagonists are "Mary Sue's" by default. The difference is that Yuri actually had a personality.

That's the thing, I never really felt like he did. 90% of that game he's just kind of standing there with a smirk not really giving a shit about anything. He'd say something snarky now and then, then be cool for awhile. People only like him because he's not an asshole and isn't a simp.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's the thing, I never really felt like he did. 90% of that game he's just kind of standing there with a smirk not really giving a shit about anything. He'd say something snarky now and then be cool for awhile. People only like him because he's not an asshole and isn't a simp.

I don't agree, especially considering how many story sketches there are in the game. You definitely get a feel for Yuri's personality and how he goes against the grain.

Yuri isn't anything like Kirito.

When was the last time you played Vesperia? I played it again last year and watched SAO only a little bit back, they're similar in more ways than appearance.

I don't agree, especially considering how many story sketches there are in the game. You definitely get a feel for Yuri's personality and how he goes against the grain.

It's all opinion, I just don't personally think he's anything special. He's not bad, but he's too boring to me to be anything but middle of the road as a JRPG protagonist.

360pages

Too be fair, I think Jade Curtiss is a piece of shit, and easily one of the worst characters in Abyss. So I guess we all have that one popular character that everyone else loves.

Xux

Do you like tactics games like Xcom? Because it plays like Xcom with aiming.
Never played Xcom. I do really like the Final Fantasy Tactics games, though. It's been forever since I traded in VC, though; I just remember it feeling really loose and awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom