• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Yeah, I actually think in the first 13 Lightning isn't a terrible character. She has reasons for acting the way she does and I thought her whole backstory was pretty interesting. After that, though... blegh.

Worst Birthday Ever, though.
It's your birthday?
Happy Bursday!

the podcast episode next week is just going to be 3 hours of ubi pls

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931099
I'm just laughing at this point. Ubi's really long gone at this point.

Yeah, exactly. He's not a deep or well written character, but I just really like him. Likability and charisma go a long way.
I think thr reason Zack was so much hreat cause after Advent Children you see the real cloud whos an emo kid whos wardrobe matches, then you realize thats the real cloud his old personality from VII was just Zacks and Zacks the best hes awesome, hes the only one in the whole series who knows who the fuck he is.

Not a fan of the trope and they completely failed on that regard, but if the story fails to execute pretty much the only thing there is to said character, it harms the quality of that character as a result. Due to this, all you end up with is an illogical, unprofessional, unlikable, highly aggressive, childish and one-dimensional tool that lacked any kind of emotional depth or significant addition to the main plot or to the further development of any of the other godawful characters. Lightning is terrible, but it's a combination of both her character and the overall story being poorly written.
I would have forgotten about her and moved on, but Square Enix (more specifically Toriyama) apparently couldn't do the same.

giphy.gif

I only played again like a year ago and still thought she was fine, though I think Snow would have been a better main character, if they... changed some of him.

Hah, I used to think Lightning was fine and hated Snow, but with my latest playing I liked Snow and hated Lightning.
But yeah, Snow has tons of problems and he just ruins whatever serious tone the story actually called for. ( A purge is going on you say? No, we got some wacky goofball anime heroes to make jokes and laugh as people are being massacred all around them)

What I do remember from FFIV, aside from its more global events, is that I quite like it back in the day, so I can understand your point of view.

My reason for liking it more is actually the dumbest one. I liked the more generic fantasy setting more for a JRPG and actually think the story/gameplay of 6 is better. That's literally the only thing that clinches it out.

Though Cecil is the cooler protagonist.

Squishy3

My reason for liking it more is actually the dumbest one. I liked the more generic fantasy setting more for a JRPG and actually think the story/gameplay of 6 is better. That's literally the only thing that clinches it out.

Though Cecil is the cooler protagonist.
If only Sabin suplexed every living thing in FFIV.

Favorite main character from a JRPG?

Frienders, it always come back to Ness. I am Ness. Ness is me.

I am all that I am.

Yo Gummy!

CM Punk found a new gig as a Marvel writer.

What do you think?

hopefully we get him integrated into the MCU as well
i wanna see Black Panther suplexing Thanos into a table

Village

sabin is chump change compared to kuja.

This dude put the world in danger so his milkshake could keep bringing boys to the yard. Thats some serious shit just " fuck you I need to be pretty... forever "

Anung

Un Rama
These anti-depressants I'm on are fucking my ability to sleep up pretty bad. Been laying in bed for ages and nada. Last night I rolled around till 5 in the morning before getting to sleep.

These anti-depressants I'm on are fucking my ability to sleep up pretty bad. Been laying in bed for ages and nada. Last night I rolled around till 5 in the morning before getting to sleep.

Oh shit, what kind are they? I'm gonna be going on some anti-depression medication here soon and already have a ton of issues sleeping, so I'm gonna want to avoid that.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh shit, what kind are they? I'm gonna be going on some anti-depression medication here soon and already have a ton of issues sleeping, so I'm gonna want to avoid that.

Citalopram Hydrobromide. Relatively side effect free compared to the last stuff I was on. This sleeping thing jumping on me ain't great.

Village

ill never understand people that take anti depression pills
what the hell do you have to be depressed about compared to the rest of the world

Son,I will actually go off on you.

Imma need you to not walk over the mental health needs of people just because they aren't starving in Africa. This type of neglectful attitude is why we have the lack of mental health care facilities in many countries today.

I'm not even joking.

Do not make me go off on a mental health rant like this is the godamn OT

Son,I will actually go off on you.

Imma need you to not walk over the mental health needs of people just because they aren't starving in Africa. This type of neglectful attitude is why we have the lack of mental health care facilities in many countries today.

I'm not even joking.

Do not make me go off on a mental health rant like this is the godamn OT

#decimated
or at least inb4

Going off on him like this isn't going to help anything.

Lelouch, you should do some research into mental health, it's a serious issue, even here in a 1st world country. I used to think similarly to you when I was younger, but you should talk to some people about it and try to get a better understanding of what depression actually entails, since it's not just a case of the gloomy gears.

Try some warm milk. That should help you fall asleep.

ill never understand people that take anti depression pills
what the hell do you have to be depressed about compared to the rest of the world

Dude...

Depression isn't as simple as that. I went to a psychologist for CBT care. I didn't touch a pill, but I do not denigrate anyone who needs them.

That was a stupid comment on your end.

Going off on him like this isn't going to help anything.

Lelouche, you should do some research into mental health, it's a serious issue, even here in a 1st world country. I used to think similarly to you when I was younger, but you should talk to some people about it and try to get a better understanding of what depression actually entails, since it's not just a case of the gloomy gears.

im autistic so i know a little about mental stuff, but seriously i didnt mean anything bad when i said that, i honestly thought it just meant you were gloomy and sad, i never learned about this stuff when i was in Highschool
im not a child so ill own up to my mistake like a man
so sorry

Xiraiya

Yes, and we should all correct him, but jumping on him in such an aggressive way isn't going to help change his mind on the subject.

I don't know, a pretty sensible human being would stop to reflect on the rather severe reaction what they just said caused and consider why that might be so and if perhaps they made a mistake and then look into how such a mistake was made.

Or one would hope.

That's what I would do at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom