• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depression is one of those things that most people don't actually understand what is, being sad is only a part of it and not necessarily for everyone. I don't judge anyone for not knowing, since it's only recently that I actually started to understand how serious it is, but yes, depression is a serious topic that can and has ruined many lives. Belittling that only makes it harder for people to accept that they might have a problem, so understand that us jumping on you is only because we want you to understand how offensive and potentially dangerous that line of thinking can be.

croten

Let's lighten up the mood with some Lesbian romcoms, shall we?

B2JdvEkCYAAdKLG.png

Xiraiya

im autistic so i know a little about mental stuff, but seriously i didnt mean anything bad when i said that, i honestly thought it just meant you were gloomy and sad, i never learned about this stuff when i was in Highschool
im not a child so ill own up to my mistake like a man
so sorry

It's understandable to an extent how depression could seem petty when so many people out there go around moping over nothing for no real reason.
However, real depression isn't anything as simple as just being "sad", it's worse than that and also a broader, far more uncontrollable (for many people at least) issue of the mind.

Let's lighten up the mood with some Lesbian romcoms, shall we?

Wait... Kill la Kill, yeah, Madoka... not the series really, but alright... Shrek? Did I miss something when I watched those movies? Should I go back? Are these secretly awesome movies, is that why people are so into them!?

Beloved

im autistic so i know a little about mental stuff, but seriously i didnt mean anything bad when i said that, i honestly thought it just meant you were gloomy and sad, i never learned about this stuff when i was in Highschool
im not a child so ill own up to my mistake like a man
so sorry

Depression isn't the same as being sad. Your circumstances have nothing to do with depression. This is why people like say...Robin Williams, who had a family, tons of money, and was loved worldwide, still ended up committing suicide. He struggled with depression most of his life, and good things happening to you doesn't make it magically disappear.

It is a chemical imbalance in the brain, that can be corrected, sometimes this happens naturally (teenagers are prone to depression moreso than most ages groups but this is a phase that most grow out of - the body basically corrects the issue on its own). Other times, it doesn't go away and becomes incredibly severe and persistent. This is clinical depression, which medication does help with.

Depression and other mental illnesses also are linked to genetics - if your family has a history of depression (ie. the chemical imbalance), you are more likely to suffer from it yourself.

It is just as severe as physical illnesses, and when people die by their own hands because of crippling depression, it's not a matter of "they shouldve gotten over it", it's a matter of them losing the battle against a terrible terrible disease of the mind.

Everyone outclassed any explnanation I can give, but I appreciate that you apologized Lulu. I hope you read everyone's explanation and try to understand the perspective.
No I meant because Netflix has like 0 anime
They have a good amount as of late. Gurren Lagann, NHK, etc. it's all popular stuff, but it's a good amount.

They actually have quite a bit of anime, their layout just makes it impossible to find anything.

Everyone outclassed any explnanation I can give, but I appreciate that you apologized Lulu. I hope you read everyone's explanation and try to understand the perspective.
They have a good amount as of late. Gurren Lagann, NHK, etc. it's all popular stuff, but it's a good amount.
Ah alright. I don't have it but I had heard they had a useless anime category. This was a while ago though so I guess they added more

Wow, I almost died laughing on the toilet when I heard Pat talking about how he wanted his corpse to be launched via catapult at Bill Gates' office at Microsoft.

anywho i think ill post some more in depth impressions for Tales of Hearts R now as i was hungry at the time
It is impossible to miss weapons as their linked to the arte and skills upgrade system(you unlock them)
VERY VERY few missables, like 1 sidequest is missable and 1 namcoin(collectible)
theres no penalty for free running(thank god)
cooking is still there
thats all for now

Agent York

Neo Member
Depression isn't the same as being sad. Your circumstances have nothing to do with depression. This is why people like say...Robin Williams, who had a family, tons of money, and was loved worldwide, still ended up committing suicide. He struggled with depression most of his life, and good things happening to you doesn't make it magically disappear.

It is a chemical imbalance in the brain, that can be corrected, sometimes this happens naturally (teenagers are prone to depression moreso than most ages groups but this is a phase that most grow out of - the body basically corrects the issue on its own). Other times, it doesn't go away and becomes incredibly severe and persistent. This is clinical depression, which medication does help with.

Depression and other mental illnesses also are linked to genetics - if your family has a history of depression (ie. the chemical imbalance), you are more likely to suffer from it yourself.

It is just as severe as physical illnesses, and when people die by their own hands because of crippling depression, it's not a matter of "they shouldve gotten over it", it's a matter of them losing the battle against a terrible terrible disease of the mind.
This man knows. People need to realize that clinical depression is not a mind set or a mood. It is a medical condition that many people struggle with, sometimes as long as their entire lives, to live with and overcome.

360pages

Shessh getting realgaf in here.

Anyway, writing. Also my brother keeps watching Jem in the Holograms, it's weird.

Romance in plots, it's kind of weird. I usually have a little romance in the stories I write, but never ever let it overtake the main plot.

Okingjrr

Shessh getting realgaf in here.

Anyway, writing. Also my brother keeps watching Jem in the Holograms, it's weird.

Romance in plots, it's kind of weird. I usually have a little romance in the stories I write, but never ever let it overtake the main plot.
Word count for your thingy so far ?

Also, I'm having a hard time falling asleep you guys, it's almost 3 in the morning.

Netflix surprised me with some of it's selection. Digimon Adventure was one of the last animes I'd expect, and I love that they have it.

Now give us the jp audio for YuGiOh dagnabbit

This man knows. People need to realize that clinical depression is not a mind set or a mood. It is a medical condition that many people struggle with, sometimes as long as their entire lives, to live with and overcome.

Yeah, I suffered 8 horrible years of it before I "beat" it. I didn't tell anyone(heck I didn't even realize it until a long ways in,) and didn't get any therapy or medication, so I applaud others for being smarter than I was and getting help.

Getting the willpower to finally overcome it was genuinely the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. So I appreciate that everyone here understands how serious it is.

/realgaf

Netflix surprised me with some of it's selection. Digimon Adventure was one of the last animes I'd expect, and I love that they have it.

Now give us the jp audio for YuGiOh dagnabbit

Yeah, I suffered 8 horrible years of it before I "beat" it. I didn't tell anyone(heck I didn't even realize it until a long ways in,) and didn't get any therapy or medication, so I applaud others for being smarter than I was and getting help.

Getting the willpower to finally overcome it was genuinely the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. So I appreciate that everyone here understands how serious it is.

/realgaf
Part of me wants me to take part in /realgaf part I doubt people want to hear my problems

When I saw it on there I got hype, then realized it's dub only. I've been looking for Yugioh subbed for years and it's impossible to find anywhere.

Same, I watched the first arc unsubbed, but then I got too lazy to deal with all that space that "rented" anime take (on my shelves).
Here's hoping they go all the way!

Part of me wants me to take part in /realgaf part I doubt people want to hear my problems

I was hesitant aswell, but eh we're all a bunch of sappy pandas and enjoy talking the real talks. So lay it out if you want to dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom