• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already did, a couple times, second one wasn't a completely terrible port from what I heard. Didn't take off.

which means we can thank Monster Hunter for preventing the only Mobile Future
we Salute you Monster Hunter
big_boss__s_salute___mgs3_by_rainedrebellion-d57boh0.gif

Squishy3

They will probably find a way. That micro-transaction game is too strong to ignore.
The only way I can see them making a concerted effort with Monster Hunter on mobile is joining everyone and making a Monster Hunter Puzzles and Dragons type game where you collect a group of hunters to perform guild missions.

I was actually just thinking about this... Hopefully, because I feel like it's going to get expensive with how much Nintendo's charging for Amiibo's.
they're only expensive if you plan to buy every single one

like some idiot person i know who is and is bitching that he has to open them to use them

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I forgot they hold Publishing rights.

:(

So is this gen the last gen for console gaming?

Is handhelds and mobile the future?

Mobile gaming is a separate market with diverging interests. You're not going to see a mobile vs. console, and you're not going to see the consoles die, but you are going to see a shift in funds and talent towards mobile development.

Oh god this Dark Souls thread. I think I'm actually glad we're in community now, since we don't have to be associated with this stupidity.

It's like, if you suck at a fighting game, do we have to read a big long thread about how you think it's unfair and blah blah blah?
I don't know, that's the way I feel about it. Get good or get out.

Edit: I want to somehow push Akumetsu on Pat, even though he only comes here once in a blue moon....

It's like, if you suck at a fighting game, do we have to read a big long thread about how you think it's unfair and blah blah blah?

This is what the casualization and coddling of modern games will do to players. A lot of gamers don't want to be challenged. They want to be badasses, not become badasses.

When a game doesn't let them be automatic badasses, a lot of people will complain.

I know GuardianE likes it. I'm not a big fan of the face, but that's really my only gripe with it. It'll be joinging my collection will it drops.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I like bishoujos. The faces can be hit or miss, but I do like the Yamashita style.

They're also comparatively really cheap. Sub-$50 if you wait it out.

This is what the casualization and coddling of modern games will do to players. A lot of gamers don't want to be challenged. They want to be badasses, not become badasses.

When a game doesn't let them be automatic badasses, a lot of people will complain.

I totally agree, I sometimes worry about where gaming is going to end up.
I hate to say it, cause it makes me sound like such an obnoxious fanboy, but I feel like the Souls series unexpected popularity is the only positive thing to happen in the industry in a while.
Edit: The 'big' games industry anyways.

Edit: I want to somehow push Akumetsu on Pat, even though he only comes here once in a blue moon....

"I can't beat this type of fighter with my fighter, and instead of practicing and learning how to play against that fighter, they should just remove that type of fighter from the game. Why should I have to practice and git gud when its annoying to keep fighting them. Alienate the fans of that character and make me happy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom