• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

Not real big into figures. (just have a little link figure) But that could change if they made some sick Ippo figures.
They only have like 5 figures and there expensive because of how old they are, but they are pretty good. What I want is for them to sell the match posters in ippo. I would buy the shit out of them

Isnt she female in the Japanese version of final fight but in the American version they said poison is a male to avoid the "girls getting hit" topic?

I might be dead wrong on this so don't hold me to it, but I forgot where I heard this story

I think it's the opposite, where she's a crossdresser in Japan, but in America is just a woman.

croten

Isnt she female in the Japanese version of final fight but in the American version they said poison is a male to avoid the "girls getting hit" topic?

I might be dead wrong on this so don't hold me to it, but I forgot where I heard this story

Reverse. Trans in Japan and female in America and Europe

They only have like 5 figures and there expensive because of how old they are, but they are pretty good. What I want is for them to sell the match posters in ippo. I would buy the shit out of them

I would buy every single one of them and hang them up on my wall in the order of when they happened.

Alfebit

Banned
Levi and Ryuko don't look bad.

Ryuko looks like shit compared to this.

28a323e16f3329afc963c070abe2899a1387980892_full.jpg

The very last thing I want to do is start collecting figures.

Once my weeb goes into figure mode, there will be no turning back for me.

Besides, it looks super expensive to maintain as a hobby.

But, seeing Matt play with that Metal Gear Ray mad me squeal a little inside.

croten

I feel like I need a sensitivity class just to keep what is or isn't transgendered or transexual straight, not to mention what to call which and what not to.

Transgender is someone who identifies as the opposite sex. Transvestite (I think) is someone who dresses as the opposite sex

Zenfalcia

Yay, OT7 it also looks like aaron had just one more post than me, whatever. Maybe i'll find a fitting avatar for the new thread.

But, seeing Matt play with that Metal Gear Ray mad me squeal a little inside.

It is super expensive to maintain. Some of the figures can go up to $500.. like woolie's most recent figure purchase.

Ryuko looks like shit compared to this.

Yeah, but I like to pose and play with them. I can appreciate a good statue, but I like my figures to be of the action variety.

I honestly just avoid the topic due to my non-existent understanding and desire to not offend anyone.

I pretty much do the same, but even then I accidentally offend people. It's really hard to keep track of this stuff.

But, seeing Matt play with that Metal Gear Ray gave me a little squeal inside.

Like others have said, it's not that bad if you look for sales and just get like one every month or so.

If you could stop posting Ryuko figures that'd be great. I just spent money on a figure and I'd rather wait to save a bit more until I buy another figure, but I really want a Kill la Kill figure...

It is super expensive to maintain. Some of the figures can go up to $500.. like woolie's most recent figure purchase.

I don't think most people's collections are filled with $500 statues, from what I've seen people only have one or two of those if they have a big collection. Most figures, especially most posable ones are around $50, which isn't all that bad if spaced appropriately.

It's really not that difficult, if you meet a woman that identifies as a man then he is a he. that's about all you need to know

That's the easy part, but knowing what the specific terminology is without offending anyone is the hard part.

It's funny, but I don't have a single anime figure.

I don't have any plans of buying one either, unless a couple of Evangelion PVCs go on sale.
I don't think most people's collections are filled with $500 statues, from what I've seen people only have one or two of those if they have a big collection. Most figures, especially most posable ones are around $50, which isn't all that bad if spaced appropriately.

My most expensive figure is my $130 Bayonetta. The expensive figures are usually ridiculously limited releases, shit that you can only find at cons.

360pages

I do wonder now that Naruto's has ended and reached the big boy shonens with actual ending. I wonder what long runner it will replace.

Also this picture.

mSBU1og.jpg

Alfebit

Banned
Yeah, but I like to pose and play with them. I can appreciate a good statue, but I like my figures to be of the action variety.

Yeah, I like messing around with figures sometimes but I just think the joints make them look awful. That's why you play with your Gurren Lagann figure and it can beat up everybody.

It's really not that difficult, if you meet a woman that identifies as a man then he is a he. that's about all you need to know
In real life that's basically all I have to do, it's just reading discussions and arguments where I'm honestly completely lost, and it seems the people discussing it don't even know what they're talking about.

I don't want to go super off topic here, and you're right that's all I need to do, it's just weird. I avoid the discussion I see, but it feels weird to be so unknowledgable about a topic.
Just avoid tumblr and you should be fine
Woof. Yeah.

Zenfalcia

I agree. I'm saying figures can get fairly expensive. Most of the good ones ive seen are around $100-150. It gets pretty expensive when the collection grows.

That figure in particular goes for around $250 regularly, but yeah. They can get pricey once they sell out.

I think I mentioned this before, but I'd totally dump my savings money into limited figures if they held value well.

But, I don't know exactly how the economics are with figures and how long a figure will hold value, how to maintain a large collection, etc.

WOOF!

croten

In real life that's basically all I have to do, it's just reading discussions and arguments where I'm honestly completely lost, and it seems the people discussing it don't even know what they're talking about.

I don't want to go super off topic here, and you're right that's all I need to do, it's just weird. I avoid the discussion I see, but it feels weird to be so unknowledgable about a topic.

Woof. Yeah.

Well yeah I don't know that much either, Facebook added like 50 gender options. I don't know what half of them are, fuck I don't even know a quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom