• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

....more than I should.

heh. Perfect.
tumblr_static_6857w5in87k8g0c840ooo848k.png

Bad puns are the best puns, I haven't taken pictures in ages so here's one from a while back, not that great but maybe I'll do some soon

Posable? ehhhhh... I guess it's ok..

Zenfalcia

The majority of my stuff is poseable, and good smile/max factory do it pretty well, also it was a way cheaper option, I can understand the eh-ness however

The joints are a huge turn off.. It just doesn't look good.. Otherwise everything else looks good. What was the more expensive option?

Emouse

The joints are a huge turn off.. It just doesn't look good.. Otherwise everything else looks good. What was the more expensive option?

Yeah I'm seeing that lot more now, I think the figmas look fine for the most part and sometimes you just gotta do them cool poses, and by cheaper option I mean overall poseables were way cheaper than statues

Zenfalcia

Yeah I'm seeing that lot more now, I think the figmas look fine for the most part and sometimes you just gotta do them cool poses, and by cheaper option I mean overall poseables were way cheaper than statues

It's fine, as long as you like it, it doesn't matter.

Ah, most cost effective then? Ok..

Edit: bbl..

-Graphically very impressive, especially for the Vita. It clearly looks like a handheld game in terms of actual geometry and the size of each area, but for what it is it looks really good, especially on Vita TV. The only visual hit I can think of is that the animations can be pretty jittery, but the models themselves are probably the best I've seen on a handheld.

-Animated cutscenes are half taken directly from 3DS, so they're in 4:3, then some are widescreen, I'm guess those are new, but judging from past experiences with animated cutscenes in these games, it probably would have been worth it to just reanimate those couple of scenes, but I guess they were keeping that budget low.

-Battle Music is good.

-UI is the best it's been in any Tales game since Vesperia, because it's the simplest most standard JRPG UI. Xillia was especially bad about conveying information and was muddled to shit with the fancy nonsense. Super straight forward and very much appreciated.

-Combat feels more like Abyss than any others, at least so far.

-Finally, the MC! The MC is Koji Kabuto. He is the most standard shonen hero, but in being such a standard shonen hero, he's weirdly unique, since that archetype is so dead now that it feels completely new.

Bad puns are the best puns, I haven't taken pictures in ages so here's one from a while back, not that great but maybe I'll do some soon

God, I don't want to want Nendos as much as I do! But I do!

30 minutes in and I have no idea what revving up the sword does.

It changes the properties of all of his attacks. Making them stronger/faster.

Rev at just the right moment during an attack to raise the meter by a level. I think you need to purchase the max act upgrade to fully raise the meter with perfect timing.

croten

30 minutes in and I have no idea what revving up the sword does.

You attack faster and stronger. Changes some moves slightly as well depending on what level charge it is. you get an instant charge if you rev the word mid swing, the timing is pretty tough but it's worth mastering

Pretty crazy.
Guessing the dad was part/head of Nudist Beach, an organisation now directly opposing Ragyo, the mother (They might have done so to just steal the Kamui as well). Mom got him killed through Nui and while Ryuko is actively looking for her fathers killer and in turn looking for the mastermind behind the murder (aka her own mom, since Satsuki and Ryuko are definitely sisters, making Ragyo her mom as well), Satsuki is secretly (at least partially) against her mother as well, but she simply has a more methodological, calm and collected manner of doing so. Hope they double team the mom in the end. In a fight. Not the sexual way.

Just guessing at this point

Quoting for posterity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom