• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Oh, that's not so bad. I guess you just had a bad reaction with it? Maybe i'm just used to it.

Morning.

Shh... >_> i'm talking about me having exams and not being able to change avatars and not having enough good avatars too...

Those don't bother me too much. I take like an hour to go back to normal, and they give out these disposable sunglasses.

Getting anesthetic from the dentist is much worse. Especially when they give you a second dose. Trying to eat was fun...

Do they give you weird plastic glasses thingies? I couldn't read anything at all with those things on.

They only game eye drops, no glasses >_>

Archgan

Thread Catch-Up
Really? Hmm.
Well I heard Pat say it in the Jetstream Extravaganza vid. And judging by its upload date, its the earliest mention of the term friender
Actually, Pat first used the term at least 2 years ago on the Facebook. Everyone made fun of him, though.
Stuff about Fate/Zero

I finished it a little while ago and thought it was okay. I didn't have a problem with the pace, I just didn't really care about the the main set of characters. I didn't like Saber and I didn't care about her master. I thought the Rider and Berserker pairs were much better, but they were barely in it.

Did you evaluate his waifu as "shit tier"?

You gotta make sure you do that.
I'm pretty sure he mentioned he mentioned Kirino has his waifu, so I gave him bad marks.

It would actually be cool if he was into anime. He's already a pretty cool guy
I finished it a little while ago and thought it was okay. I didn't have a problem with the pace, I just didn't really care about the the main set of characters. I didn't like Saber and I didn't care about her master. I thought the Rider and Berserker pairs were much better, but they were barely in it.
The thing is in the original novels, they made Kiritsugu's ideals more clear and impactful in the beginning. When I was watching the first episode, the other masters had way more interesting reasons. Even the priest was more interesting as a master than Kiritsugu.

360pages

One thing the new pokemon games have are amazing OST. After the lack luster X/Y ost this one is amazing and I'm one of the people who made fun of R/S because their overuse of trumpets

Slight spoilers.

Shimazu Toyohisa

ultimax

I'm pretty sure he mentioned he mentioned Kirino has his waifu, so I gave him bad marks.

It would actually be cool if he was into anime. He's already a pretty cool guy
;~;

My soc. professor is the biggest weeb tho. I'll never forget everyone's reaction when he showed the Miku on Letterman vid in class. Priceless.

Micheal Keaton is a better batman than Christian Bale

And Conroy is the best Batman of them all.

Adam West says hello.

So does this guy:

val-kilmer.jpg

Horrifying, what's that for? Ages 7-12?
I love rhythm games, but I have few feelings on Vocaloids in general. For each thing that's cool about them they're also kinda creepy and dumb.

The actual vocaloid software is a fucking feat of computer science though. I respect the shit out of making a computer sing and having it come out that well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aw shit, you know what I just realized, Mrgoodwill? I should probably wait until February to play DSII. That's when the huge 1.10 content patch hits that adds all the new Scholar of the First Sin content.

...or maybe I shouldn't, since I always use guides for Souls games, and once that patch hits all the guides will be obsolete. Hmm...now I actually have to think about this...

Xiraiya

Aw shit, you know what I just realized, Mrgoodwill? I should probably wait until February to play DSII. That's when the huge 1.10 content patch hits that adds all the new Scholar of the First Sin content.
...or maybe I shouldn't, since I always use guides for Souls games, and once that patch hits all the guides will be obsolete. Hmm...now I actually have to think about this...

I always use a guide, you know what you should do, make a character you really like, set their look and everything up, regard it as your main character you'll play once the update hits.
In the mean time play as a quick made character to get a feel for the game, don't think about missables or anything like that, get a rough understanding of how you want to play and then start over once it's updated.

As I understand the content patch for last gen versions will just add the new NPC and "in game events". I can't imagine it'd be too different, but it's fine if you wanna wait. You can take your time beating Golden then too.

Zenfalcia

"Anyone in here watch the letterman show? They had freaking hatsune miku on there"

He then proceeds to play the video on the projector. I thought it was hilarious because I actually wanted to see the video. Everyone else not so much lol

Sounds like it was hilarious. There might've been other people like you who didnt speak up.

Now the real question, did he say her name right? Just to check his power level.

ultimax

Sounds like it was hilarious. There might've been other people like you who didnt speak up.

Now the real question, did he say her name right? Just to check his power level.
It's possible lol

And yeah, he's completely aware of Miku lol. That's where all the excitement came from

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
As I understand the content patch for last gen versions will just add the new NPC and "in game events". I can't imagine it'd be too different, but it's fine if you wanna wait. You can take your time beating Golden then too.

Yeah, I'll have to give it some thought. Which I have plenty of time to do, so it's fiiiiiiiine.

That said, dammit my order is still "pending", which makes me nervous. Hurry it up, Gamestop! >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom