• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

Was that the manga that SNK sued for copyright?

I only heard about it from that and now slightly interested.

Yeah they got sued super hard because the author uses characters from different games that they didn't have the right to use because of copyright laws, so now Square Enix and the Author are getting sued super hard, but the manga itself is pretty good.

I saw a bit of that and wanted to check it out, but I rarely read manga.
The game awards is tomorrow and the ps thing is saturday and sunday.
FUCK. I can't study anymore... Exams are gonna kill me
Yeah they got sued super hard because the author uses characters from different games that they didn't have the right to use because of copyright laws, so now Square Enix and the Author are getting sued super hard, but the manga itself is pretty good.
Alright I'll check it out.
I kinda actually want SNK to win

sjay1994

Yoooo

A new Devil May Cry might be announced tomorrow

9f3.gif

Dawn of War 2 collection is on sale for 20 bucks (3 games essentially). I'm enjoying this game far more than it deserves. Wish there were more tactical focused, single player RTS games. Who needs base building anyways!

Dawn of War 2 collection is on sale for 20 bucks (3 games essentially). I'm enjoying this game far more than it deserves. Wish there were more tactical focused, single player RTS games. Who needs base building anyways!
Junior... YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Base building is the best thing about RTSs. Allocation of resources and armies while defending yourself is the best.

Junior... YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Base building is the best thing about RTSs. Allocation of resources and armies while defending yourself is the best.

Not in the campaign missions! Base building is the worst part of those scenarios (especially defend for x minutes), and the best ones just give you 5-10 units and you have to be careful. If I wanted to deal with resource management I would just play online. Shit like, taking over the President's brain in Red Alert 2, is awesome. Or when you're Tanya and have to blow up the nukes. Cause in most campaign missions I've played you can more or less wait the AI out until you have a huge army, which is kinda boring. Or exploring that temple on that island in WC3: FT.

Guys guys... made a big dumb purchase.

You are now looking at the [proud?] new owner of a WiiU! I impatiently await my Akumetsu character action game, Platinum.

More seriously, got Smash too. Might be playing with you suckers soon.

sjay1994

I wish the Best Friends would record themselves watching the Game Awards.

We talked about this a few days before you got approved.

It would be nice, but I don't think the guys want to deal with it.

Maybe the PS experience keynote?

I really like the lets watch's they did

You are now looking at the [proud?] new owner of a WiiU! I impatiently await my Akumetsu character action game, Platinum.

Congrats. I'm just sitting here watching everyone slowly get one as I look at my calendar. Waiting.

mike0dude

Get Bayo 1&2 and MK8 tho also W101.

Not in the campaign missions! Base building is the worst part of those scenarios (especially defend for x minutes), and the best ones just give you 5-10 units and you have to be careful. If I wanted to deal with resource management I would just play online. Shit like, taking over the President's brain in Red Alert 2, is awesome. Or when you're Tanya and have to blow up the nukes. Cause in most campaign missions I've played you can more or less wait the AI out until you have a huge army, which is kinda boring. Or exploring that temple on that island in WC3: FT.
I have to admit, yeah its kinda boring for SP. In the ones I've played tho, you start out from nothing and have to make the base while your opponent has a head start and sending shit you way. It's intense.
I want this kind of insanity... Thankyou.

mike0dude

anyway I'ma go sleep now since its 3:30 am.
That bastard Woolie and his 4 am podcast posting Shenanigans are really starting to destroy my sleeping schedule, I had just started to get it to "normal" too...

anyway I'ma go sleep now since its 3:30 am.
That bastard Woolie and his 4 am podcast posting Shenanigans are really starting to destroy my sleeping schedule, I had just started to get it to "normal" too...
Yeah... You should have seen us on Monday/Tuesday. A lot of hype was going down here.

Congrats on getting a Wii U.

Speaking of which, decided I'll be buying Captain Toad instead of Gameflying it next week. Between 40 bucks for this or 60 for Xrd, the former seems more economic.

I'll still rent Xrd, but I ain't buying it yet until I either get a PS4 stick or Arcsys implements that driver Lab Zero is using for Skullgirls that makes PS3 sticks compatible.

So 2015 will be a great year for movies:

Spectre
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Jurassic World
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Furious 7
Chappie
Hateful Eight
Ant-Man
Mad Max: Fury Road
Jupiter Ascending
Tomorrowland