• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

It's just the ability to do certain types of videos much more reliably in the future, so the benefit is hidden, but it'll be seen in more of a certain type of video because of it.

Its uploading right now, but might take forever to process. Tomorrow night most likely.

Hmm... Ok. That's pretty cryptic, but as long as it makes it easier/better for you it's all good.

That's assuming nothing goes wrong, right?

It's just the ability to do certain types of videos much more reliably in the future, so the benefit is hidden, but it'll be seen in more of a certain type of video because of it.

Its uploading right now, but might take forever to process. Tomorrow night most likely.

so if were lucky tonight
if were not lucky tomorrow night?

Hmm... Ok. That's pretty cryptic, but as long as it makes it easier/better for you it's all good.

That's assuming nothing goes wrong, right?

Yeah. I seem to have fixed it, but I'll have to run some pretty extensive tests to make sure. Basically, hours upon hours of recording to make sure it doesn't fuck up.

Zenfalcia

Yeah. I seem to have fixed it, but I'll have to run some pretty extensive tests to make sure. Basically, hours upon hours of recording to make sure it doesn't fuck up.

Good luck with that. Hopefully all goes well.
No. He specifically said tomorrow night. There is no way it would render 24 hours early

Especially on Liam's weak/average computer.
You should obviously just make a bunch of content for us to watch to check :p

Special content just for us? I mean.. he could do that but it'll take a lot of effort/time to render/upload just for us to watch.

By the way, I wasn't suggesting a playthrough just for us in the GAF thread. That'd be silly. I just meant a new LP, jokingly.
Maybe something to do with purse owners or something

I'm joking I think a persona LP would be horrible.
Maybe just Chrono Trigger: Revengeance

In all seriousness though, I'd love to see more JRPGs like Barkley/Chrono.

Oh my god fuck this I just owned myself god damn. Can't bring my mood down though, I'm pretty sure I solved a longstanding technical problem with some of our recording setups, which'll help out a lot in the future, and no, I won't tell you what it is.

1080p 60 FPS super crisp mega definition virtual 3D?

Zenfalcia

The overall story is written by Gen, but I have low expectations after Aldnoah.

Well... Gen only wrote the basic skeleton of the story/first 3 episodes for Aldnoah, everything else that was bad was due to the other writers/directors ruining it. such as mary sue main character and boring side characters.

Same thing as gargantia, Gen only wrote a basic story and the studio did everything else.
Did gamerY manage to get into the party?
I'm assuming Pat left to add him. Or did he just leave altogether?

Maybe? He hasn't posted in the last 30-ish minutes.
edit: he just posted :p

WAIT WHAT

How will it work without the controller though? Edit: I suppose the hydra would work.
If anything, once I play this version, it'll probably give me MORE incentive to go to Japan to get the full experience.

Man, that's another cabinet that Seattle Gameworks needs. Yes, I can't stop thinking or talking about that place, it was that good of a time.

Well... Gen only wrote the basic skeleton of the story/first 3 episodes for Aldnoah, everything else that was bad was due to the other writers/directors ruining it. such as mary sue main character and boring side characters.

Same thing as gargantia, Gen only wrote a basic story and the studio did everything else.
Yeah that was what I meant. If the whole thing was written by him I would be fine with it.

edit: Yeah I can see him writting gargantia. I had it with the series after I saw fanservice belly dancing.

wat.

are you saying that wikipedia is lying to me?! those bastards!

Meanwhile they tryin to get me to donate everytime I go on there
Read Zen's post for more detail, but yeah. Also lol.
If anything, once I play this version, it'll probably give me MORE incentive to go to Japan to get the full experience.

Man, that's another cabinet that Seattle Gameworks needs. Yes, I can't stop thinking or talking about that place, it was that good of a time.
I NEED to use a guncon before I die.

Zenfalcia

wat.

are you saying that wikipedia is lying to me?! those bastards!

Meanwhile they tryin to get me to donate everytime I go on there

That's why schools say never to use wikipedia as a source!
For a more serious answer. No, wikipedia says that he wrote only a small part of it and another writer took up the role after Gen's part was done.
Yeah that was what I meant. If the whole thing was written by him I would be fine with it.

edit: Yeah I can see him writting gargantia. I had it with the series after I saw fanservice belly dancing.
Yeah. If they followed his story word for word, it would've been better.. I'd love to see the lieutenant as the MC rather than uh.. the current one. That's mostly due to his story/personality being wayyy more interesting than the MC's.

You love it tho!

Gamer Y

Ah, sorry to hear that. You should P.M your NNID the next time he shows up to smash. This thread moves fast, so your posts might get buried underneath other posts.
It's seems desperate to me. The time will come, it did for you. so I'm not worried, he is a busy guy afterall.

ultimax

That's why schools say never to use wikipedia as a source!
For a more serious answer. No, wikipedia says that he wrote only a small part of it and another writer took up the role after Gen's part was done.

I hate when teachers say that! its a great source! They're just mad wikipedia can do their jobs better

And oh. I literally only read the part where it said "Written by Gen" on the right and proceeded to flip out. Reading in detail is for chumps

Yeah. If they followed his story word for word, it would've been better.. I'd love to see the lieutenant as the MC rather than uh.. the current one. That's mostly due to his story/personality being wayyy more interesting than the MC's.

You love it tho!
I really liked the first episode just because the MC was so boring. It felt like I was just observing through him since he was a blank canvas. I didn't think he would have been the actual MC and doing awesome stuff with no emotions.

No.

Edit: I edited this post so much I ruined it. Besides, it was too cheesy and unnecessary anyway. I'm grateful for the 1-on-1 matches with Pat I've been able to have and that's enough. Even though I secretly want to beat his Zelda with my Sheik =P

Also GG all. When it comes to players I've not seen before, Pfanz, you're good. I'd like to have a few 1-on-1 matches some other day against you if you don't mind. Main vs main.

Hah thanks, you're dang good too and sure, I look forward to the 1v1's.

GGs everyone, I couldn't post or look here during because I have to use my only ethernet cable to play online because Smash don't like wifi.
I'm happy I finally got to see Pat kill himself over and over.
jk ya'll super good

I hate when teachers say that! its a great source! They're just mad wikipedia can do their jobs better

The secret is that teachers are just pushing books cause they hate trees.
Start looking for arcades man. use the internet, find ones near you and if possible the list of games they have. If that fails, get a CRT TV and a home copy of Time Crisis II.

There nothing around 50 miles of here I'm sure, but I may have to get a copy of Time Crisis 2

Zenfalcia

And oh. I literally only read the part where it said "Written by Gen" on the right and proceeded to flip out. Reading in detail is for chumps

Ehh.. i agree with them. Wikipedia sucks at times.

But the details are everything. Since you only read written by gen you fell into the marketing team's plan of hiring Gen just to advertise the anime.

I really liked the first episode just because the MC was so boring. It felt like I was just observing through him since he was a blank canvas. I didn't think he would have been the actual MC and doing awesome stuff with no emotions.

No.

I did too.. Until certain moments which were dumb and made zero sense.

They were AMAZING for the story. Look at all that plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom