• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Gamer Y

I hate to admit it, but I can't handle you if I don't choose my mains. I tend to play subs or unknown characters frequently when playing online against friends, but I have to stick to my Greninja (among others) when fighting you!

Poor Pat. He's super aggressive, to the point that he'll often kill himself in an attempt to kill you.
huh, doesn't show your reply for some reason.

I'm not a play for glory kind of guy, I'd enjoy just the chance to fight him, I'm sure the people I've smashed with here can say I'm not the best smash player so a win is very unlikely

EDIT: I would be mad about Zen beating me
but I secretly like it

that's kinky.
awkward.gif
Get a room

Zenfalcia

No spoilers perferred. I mostly stopped because the story dragged on way too long.

it's only 12 episodes plus.. 4 extra ova episodes.. :/

There are some rough points.. the series hovers around 6 to 7 at best. Some story elements are really neat like near the end. The giant pan shots of gargantia is gorgeous imo. The last bits of the show are arguably the better parts? At least that's how i percieved it. The front end is a ton of fluff and world building.

edit: The show kinda started on a sour note when this happened. It was dumb and unneeded just like the belly dancing. I should also say, the world is really interesting and got me through the show compared to the nothing characters and okay story.
Get a room

Also, you probably shouldn't have click that spoiler.. :p

We already are both in Canadia, so does that count?

Gamer Y

Eh, fuck that. Just have fun. Throw a bomb omb at Pat's face and taunt as he flies off the screen.

Also it doesn't show up in the reply because I am an idiot who can't stop editing his posts and decided to take that part of the post and paste it onto a new post.
Indeed, I'll need to edit my taunts then.

joe2187

Banned
I personally have no love for NIS and in fact dislike them. I'll scream "PLAY D4" off the rooftops tho with other frienders at every opportunity tho.

Wait, what? No, that's not what I mean at all! I meant to say that it's going to be super fun, but prepare for things to get hectic!

As much as I love TRPGs, I never got the appeal of Disgaea.

Who else is gonna publish obscure/pervy japanese games for america tho!?

if it wasnt for NIS we would have fucking DanganRonpa 1 and 2 NA release, Dragons Crown, Etrian Oddysey, YS: MIC, Demon Gaze, Akibas Trip and Arcana Heart 3

I hate to admit it, but I can't handle you if I don't choose my mains. I tend to play subs or unknown characters frequently when playing online against friends, but I have to stick to my Greninja (among others) when fighting you!

Poor Pat. He's super aggressive, to the point that he'll often kill himself in an attempt to kill you.

Took me so long to get used to seeing Shadow Sneak, especially in all the craziness. Marth's my main man since Melee, along with Gdawg.
I do enjoy the fun of picking non-mains with friends, but I also had to pick familiar characters just to not get rekt here :|

I'm just glad I actually was able to get in today, usually the room fills up within seconds. Ya'll need to start making 2 rooms dagnabbit.

it's only 12 episodes plus.. 4 extra ova episodes.. :/

There are some rough points.. the series hovers around 6 to 7 at best. Some story elements are really neat like near the end. The giant pan shots of gargantia is gorgeous imo. The last bits of the show are arguably the better parts? At least that's how i percieved it. The front end is a ton of fluff and world building.
Yeah, but I already get the jist of the world. There should have been more about the character development since Gen already made him super interesting coming from a world we haven't seen much of. Maybe I'll go see it.

if it wasnt for NIS we would have fucking DanganRonpa 1 and 2 NA release, Dragons Crown, Etrian Oddysey, YS: MIC, Demon Gaze, Akibas Trip and Arcana Heart 3
They did? I need to pick it up then. I need more Arcana Hearts and DanganRonpas

Gamer Y

Guess I need to get Disgea 5 then. what's it for? PS4?

Yeah...that's actually partially the problem I have with them.

"Git gud, scrub", "Perfect", "Goddamn it!" and let us not forget "Rise sucks".

All sound so good.

You mean, who's going to publish Atlus games in Europe?
This is a dark future, oh god help us, help Europe

I ask again, what happened to disgaea 2-4?

I ask again, what happened to disgaea 2-4?

2 was released on PS2 and later ported to the PSP, 3 and 4 both got Vita ports after releasing on the PS3. I don't think they sell as well as NIS wants them to, especially with localization costs. Disgaea 4 was lucky to get Troy Baker before he blew up

Zenfalcia

Yeah, but I already get the jist of the world. There should have been more about the character development since Gen already made him super interesting coming from a world we haven't seen much of. Maybe I'll go see it.

How much did you see before you quit? Also there's some stuff you wouldn't have known yet unless you were very good at guessing.

Up to you. There's quite a bit of fluff to go through to get to the interesting bits... Fluff such as barbeque party complete with swimming/suntaning in bikinis. Yeah, if you do watch it, don't put it too high on your list.
I wish they cut down on the fan service. Oh well.

I forgot about the sudden change in pace about half way through the series..

How much did you see before you quit? Also there's some stuff you wouldn't have known yet unless you were very good at guessing.

Up to you. There's quite a bit of fluff to go through to get to the interesting bits... Fluff such as barbeque party complete with swimming/suntaning in bikinis. Yeah, if you do watch it, don't put it too high on your list.
I wish they cut down on the fan service. Oh well.
I stopped when lendo
Owned the pirate lady.

I can watch K-ON! but not this much fluff.

Zenfalcia

I stopped when lendo
Owned the pirate lady.

I can watch K-ON! but not this much fluff.
Ah, that was an ok moment. Showed some info about the world and had some fighting.

It also depends on what you like. The fluffhas some use of fleshing out characters and making it very slice of lifey. If you like the first half you'll hate the second half or be ok with it since the tone changes fairly dramamtically. I wish i could say more, but i'd be spoiling.

Oh man, your Marth and Gdorf were really good. I thought I'd try out Wario and fart on people, but you just flat out murdered me during that fight. I am certainly going to keep those characters in mind when we play. I might as well tell you my main and sub as well: Greninja as main, Sheik as sub. I changed since Melee and Brawl, since my main in both was Falco, but I don't like how he plays in this one. Anyway, looking forward to our fight! We'll see when that will be, but timezones might be an issue.

Also Yes, I'm still mad salty about my two main characters getting nerfed the hardest out of everyone.

We don't have two Pats, so the room he is in is always going to fill up within seconds =P. The other depends on how many frienders are actually playing.

It took me til only recently to finally get used to Marth's mad nerfs. I would get 2 stocked in For Glory so much, because I kept trying to play him like his Melee self- the range, the lag, my boy Marth became an old man. But his tipper is as strong as ever, unlike poor Shiek who can't kill for jack unless you go ham and gimp. Hopefully the next balance patch helps us both out.

I think we'll be able to get some matches in fine, since I've seen some of your posts fighting other frienders.

And yeah, Pat has that magic draw to him...

Zenfalcia

Going to sleep. Wonder what I will see when I wake up. Last time it was rule 63, who knows what will show up this time.

G'night guys and girls.

It's like a loot crate, you'll never know what you're going to get! If you go to lootcrate.com and type in the code Best Friends, you can get 10% off the price of $13.37 right now!
#shilling #WrongCodesBecauseIForget

Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom