• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Actual footage of me taking my math final
tumblr_n7lt5vgp9g1qk8ld8o1_400.gif

Yo, motherfuckers go watch Ippo now.

I just need to eat less and exercise more. It's kind of direly important, actually, cause I need what little movement ability I've still got. Of course, I've been eating healthy for a long time now, and my fucking shitty thyroid is still gaining me weight.

Beloved

I need to switch it out for coffee just to get the caffeine, but I hate the taste so much that it's like torturing myself into not having the thing I actually like, which only makes it harder.

Just experiment with it to see what makes it more palatable to you, coffee is also a bit of an acquired taste, once you start drinking it, it becomes more and more pleasant to have xD

Obviously you dont need to load it down with sugar or it'll be just as bad but you can use sugar free flavored creamer or something with a little milk and a teaspoon of real sugar and itll be nice and sweet without being "bad", especially in comparison to any kind of coke

ultimax

Xiraiya

Coffee is magical.

Actually that reminds me of a situation once, on a previous forum I frequented, I explained my general routine for food, I have a piece of toast in the morning for breakfast with Coffee (Or a nice cup of tea), I'll generally have a Coffee mid-morning before lunch, usually I'll have some sort of sandwich (Not a burger) with lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Salami etc. and I'll have a Coffee with that too, and generally nothing until dinner time, if I'm even awake, and my meals at night are pretty basic Meat and vegatables or Meat and Salad sort of things, unless we're doing Pasta or something else.

And none of that is premade or frozen meal stuff, we buy things pretty fresh here (usually).

So anyway I explain all that and people are suddenly lecturing me about my Coffee habits and sugar and all that, while then immediately being like "I drink way too much Soda and eat frozen junk meals, I need to stop"

And I'm sitting there thinking "I have a fairly decent diet and you little shits are going to lecture me on unhealthy habits with the garbage you put in your mouths."

Fuck off with that.

You mean how they're everywhere anyway? I don't have to pay for using them, so unlike a restaurants where water also saves me money, it's a temptation thing.
Soft Drinks are almost never free here and "fountains" aren't something you see, so...

croten

Coffee is magical.

Actually that reminds me of a situation once, on a previous forum I frequented, I explained my general routine for food, I have a piece of toast in the morning for breakfast with Coffee (Or a nice cup of tea), I'll generally have a Coffee mid-morning before lunch, usually I'll have some sort of sandwich (Not a burger) with lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Salami etc. and I'll have a Coffee with that too, and generally nothing until dinner time, if I'm even awake, and my meals at night are pretty basic Meat and vegatables or Meat and Salad sort of things, unless we're doing Pasta or something else.

And none of that is premade or frozen meal stuff, we buy things pretty fresh here (usually).

So anyway I explain all that and people are suddenly lecturing me about my Coffee habits and sugar and all that, while then immediately being like "I drink way too much Soda and eat frozen junk meals, I need to stop"

And I'm sitting there thinking "I have a fairly decent diet and you little shits are going to lecture me on unhealthy habits with the garbage you put in your mouths."

Fuck off with that.

Soft Drinks are almost never free here and "fountains" aren't something you see, so...

It does sound like you drink a bit too much coffee.

Xiraiya

It does sound like you drink a bit too much coffee.

I drink about 3 a day on average, usually I have tea in place of at least one cup of Coffee, it's not really strong/high quality Coffee, so it's not that bad.

I'll take a couple too many cups of Coffee than too many cans/bottles of Soft Drink and all that garbage any day.

croten

I drink about 3 a day on average, usually I have tea in place of at least one cup of Coffee, it's not really strong/high quality Coffee, so it's not that bad.

I'll take a couple too many cups of Coffee than too many cans/bottles of Soft Drink and all that garbage any day.

Okay 3 isn't too bad I guess, I think my dad used to drink about 5 cups every morning.

Fuck, DP.

Hey guys, please don't rush the end of this thread. I gotta cap off finals week so I'm gonna let this get to 20K, but the OP will be low effort unless I get some time to work on it.
Ah, ok. Your language made me think you were talking about my situation mistakenly.

Xiraiya

They also have 5 times the amount of caffeine vs soda :p
DP fuck me.

Well Caffeine amount changes wildly depending on the Coffee, but people are delusional if they think Caffeine alone is worse than all the other crap in drinks.

I've been drinking Coffee of different types for a decade, it's perfectly fine, if I was having like 6 or 7 Cups of strong Coffee a day, that might be different.

Beloved

It'd be better if basically all we drank was water but drinking soda will always be worse than drinking coffee because coffee actually has beneficial properties, as well as negatives, whereas soda has literally ZERO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

You'd have to drink A LOT of coffee loaded down with A LOT of sugar to be worse than drinking a 20 oz (600 ml) Mountain Dew a couples of times a day.

Xiraiya

It'd be better if basically all we drank was water but drinking soda will always be worse than drinking coffee because coffee actually has beneficial properties, as well as negatives, whereas soda has literally ZERO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

You'd have to drink A LOT of coffee loaded down with A LOT of sugar to be worse than drinking a 20 oz Mountain Dew a couples of times a day.

I do see an odd common trend where people are under the belief Caffeine is way worse for you than it actually is, but are quite happy to pile fat and sugar and all that into their mouth at ridiculous rates.

Anything and everything is bad for you in excess.

Whats wrong with you coffee is disgusting.

So who's excited for NXT R-Evolution tonight? Anyone?... It's gonna be really hype. Prince Devitt is probably gonna come out all comic book face painted up and do Bloody Sunday... No? Alright, well here's a picture of Paige doing a photoshoot that I don't feel goes in line with her character at all.

Well Caffeine amount changes wildly depending on the Coffee, but people are delusional if they think Caffeine alone is worse than all the other crap in drinks.

I've been drinking Coffee of different types for a decade, it's perfectly fine, if I was having like 6 or 7 Cups of strong Coffee a day, that might be different.

Oh, I'm not serious about that. I just thought it'd be funny to point out. My dad drinks like 5-7 24oz mugs of Coffee in a day, but that much of anything isn't good for you.

ultimax

So who's excited for NXT R-Evolution tonight? Anyone?... It's gonna be really hype. Prince Devitt is probably gonna come out all comic book face painted up and do Bloody Sunday... No? Alright, well here's a picture of Paige doing a photoshoot that I don't feel goes in line with her character at all.
Doesn't fit, but i approve
thank you

Beloved

I used to love coffee, but after a little while, I dropped the habit.

I don't drink that much soda anymore. I'm so proud of myself.

Yay good for you!

Coffee is fucking amazing, though I have limited myself to one cup a day.

Same!

Though caffeine has a strong effect on me so its not hard to limit it to one per day, because if I drink more coffee than that, I'll have trouble sleeping.

I agree, that doesn't make any sense.

Hey shut up Metal Sonics cool!
have you seen the Sonic OVA!? That shits hype.

sNKLaan.gif

Xiraiya

So basically if you were a game developer

Pretty much, honestly I would enjoy being a director of a project, I have a lot of pretty good ideas about things that I think could do really well, but then again a lot of people say that and don't actually have good ideas.

YOU MAY KNOW EVERYTHING IM GOING TO DO BUT THATS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU SINCE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOURE GOING TO DO! STRANGE ISNT IT!?

Well I googled that and I found this and it doesn't matter how hype that movie is because at the end of the day they're still Sonic and Metal Sonic. Also Sonic sounds fucking ridiculous.

Hey do you guys have smashisms like things you do when youre playing smash or video games in general when a certain thing happens?
Like I tend to exclaim "GET THE FUCK OUT!" Whenever I smash someone trying to get them out of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom