• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

E the Shaggy

You know, if you pause it just right, you can pinpoint the exact moment Pat's heart breaks during Evil Within when he hears he has to ride the bus:

t0B49BR.jpg

Math final time ;~;

Do the thing with the energy and stuff!
You got this, go and do the thing!
Voted.

It's funny how I have never submitted a tagline and I have been here since the first one...you guys are way too clever with some of them.
Yeah after I won the vote for OT3 I haven't submitted another title. I'll let the more creative people take care of it now
I have more money that I thought I had! WOOOOOHOOO
That is always a great feeling

Xiraiya

It's 7 in the morning, I'm watching wrestling, eating pizza rolls and drinking mountain dew. I'm officially recovered.

Mountain dew sounds like the most terrible garbage ever, even by Soft Drink standards, which is really saying something.

It's always been such a nothing drink here, it's weird that it's so popular in the US.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Mountain dew sounds like the most terrible garbage ever, even by Soft Drink standards, which is really saying something.

It's always been such a nothing drink here, it's weird that it's so popular in the US.

I don't think it's actually that popular here. It probably depends on your region and demographic, too. US is a big place.

Xiraiya

I don't think it's actually that popular here. It probably depends on your region and demographic, too. US is a big place.
Well you know there are all those memes and jokes about it being advertised, which is true that doesn't mean it's popular, but for Beloved at least she encounters people drinking it all the time, more than other drinks of that type at least, maybe it's just a southern thing.

What even is mountain dew?
I remember it tasting like off brand Carbonated Lemonade.

Just drink RedBull.

I have never had a redbull in my life, and either way energy drinks are super expensive and they're gone in a few seconds, as where you can get a shit ton of mountain dew for a buck.

I can see what you mean. On that note, ever had Mexican coke?

I have talked about Mexican Coke here a lot, it's the best soda in my opinion. It's just ludicrously expensive here so I rarely drink it.

Tako

I have talked about Mexican Coke here a lot, it's the best soda in my opinion. It's just ludicrously expensive here so I rarely drink it.

Every time I visit family in mexico I always load up on my dirty coke. So good, the benefits of living in Texas just about any mexican store sells it

I avoid Mountain Dew at all costs, there may be conflicting reports on the health effects of brominated vegetable oil but if it is banned in a bunch of places I'm not drinking it or any other citrus drinks with it

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think Mountain Dew is one of the highest selling softdrinks in the US, like, right there with Coke. I could be mistaken, though.

Well, I'll be.

Top 10 Soft Drinks

1.Coca-cola Classic (coca-cola)

2.Diet Coke (coca-cola)

3.Pepsi-cola (PepsiCo)

4.Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)

5.Dr Pepper (Dr. Pepper)

6.Sprite (coca-cola)

7.Diet Pepsi (PepsiCo)

8.Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)

9.Fanta (coca-cola)

10. Coke Zero
Source: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-soft-drinks

Every time I visit family in mexico I always load up on my dirty coke. So good, the benefits of living in Texas just about any mexican store sells it

Nowhere here sells it apart from the budget grocery store across from my apartment that has a ton of Mexican import candy and shit, so they stock it.

Xiraiya

I'm not the biggest fan of Soft Drinks, it's not really in your face here nearly as much as it seems to be in the US.
Occasionally I'll really enjoy a Coke or a Pepsi, but usually I don't feel the need to drink them.

Can't stand Red Bull very much either, use to drink it when I was younger if I had hangovers but it generally made me feel worse and also leave a nasty after taste.

I avoid Mountain Dew at all costs, there may be conflicting reports on the health effects of brominated vegetable oil but if it is banned in a bunch of places I'm not drinking it or any other citrus drinks with it
Yup, hearing about that stuff kinda put me off on it to say the least, but I do like the flavor.

I had my first Redbull ever like a month ago at an all night charity event. It just tastes like chemicals, but I couldn't stop drinking it.

Squishy3

it's all bout dat mountain dew throwback

also, pepsico no longer uses brominated vegetable oil in any of their beverages, or at least they plan to discontinue it as of this year

Soda is my one real vice, I don't eat terribly, aside from pizza rolls like, once a month or so, but I drink way more soda than anyone ever should. I need to kick it.

My grandma use to sell the glass coke bottles and whenever wed visit her in Juarez shed always give us coke for free. Though at the time I was a nerd who liked sprite more.

Beloved

I hate Mountain Dew, it just tastes gross to me. Not to mention that amount of sugar in it is beyond insane, even compared to most other soft drinks.

It seems like I only ever see guys drink it, it's odd.

Soda is my one real vice, I don't eat terribly, aside from pizza rolls like, once a month or so, but I drink way more soda than anyone ever should. I need to kick it.
I cut it out for around half a year once. Mainly you have to just not have any in your house. Unfortunately, any other type of flavored drink will cost you way more than soda to drink, and as soon as you go out somewhere you have people drinking soda all around you,

I cut it out for around half a year once. Mainly you have to just not have any in your house. Unfortunately, any other type of flavored drink will cost you way more than soda to drink, and as soon as you go out somewhere you have people drinking soda all around you,

The problem is that it's never in my house and I live literally next door to a 7/11 and I just go there to get fountain drinks.

Tako

I embarrassingly have to say I used to drink like 4 or 5 24 oz cans of Baja Blast everyday when they we're selling them. I kicked that habit,but I'm still weak to the temptation to go to my local taco bell to get my fix.

Xiraiya

I hate Mountain Dew, it just tastes gross to me. Not to mention that amount of sugar in it is beyond insane, even compared to most other soft drinks.

It seems like I only ever see guys drink it, it's odd.
I remember back in Highschool there were weird rumors people would hear that it did beneficial things to guys sperm or something fucking retarded like that.

Probably just killed them.

Beloved

Coke used to be a real big vice for me, but I gave it up almost two years ago. Was such a good decision on my part. Now I only have the occasional Diet Coke or Coke Zero.

So most days I have one cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I just drink water. Made me feel sooo much better.

Xiraiya

What broke my streak is having a meal plan on campus that gives me access to the drink fountains here, so I can relate.
Not having those all over the country makes that much easier to stop becoming addicted to.

Coke used to be a real big vice for me, but I gave it up almost two years ago. Was such a good decision on my part. Now I only have the occasional Diet Coke or Coke Zero.
So most days I have one cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I just drink water. Made me feel sooo much better.
Being the healthy girl.

That Coffee though.

I need to switch it out for coffee just to get the caffeine, but I hate the taste so much that it's like torturing myself into not having the thing I actually like, which only makes it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom