• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Serious question, Is it me or are the Youtube comments bleeding into the Subreddit?
Cause they've become shittier and shitter for the past few months.

What have they been mostly about? Any particular series?

I also might as well sleep now.. since it's 4 am. Good night.

Here's a gif for you to enjoy. I wish it wasn't a tumblr gif. Oh well.
tumblr_mx64uc1wD61sq9yswo2_500.gif

so Pat are we finally gonna get the PSX vid tonight(its almost 3am Thursday where i live)?
been looking forward to you freaking out about Yakuza live on camera

it's been stuck processing at 95% for like 10 hours now. Liam might have to give me the footage and I'll re-render it with my settings and give it another go.

mike0dude

What have they been mostly about? Any particular series?

I also might as well sleep now.. since it's 4 am. Good night.

Here's a gif for you to enjoy. I wish it wasn't a tumblr gif. Oh well.

mostly seems to have become more negative in general.
and yeah it's 4 am here too, better go to sleep. Goodnight guys.
Sorry About annoying you Pat.

it's been stuck processing at 95% for like 10 hours now. Liam might have to give me the footage and I'll re-render it with my settings and give it another go.

Progress bars on those things aren't linear, it can get to 95% super fast and stay at that number for hours. happens on huge files (1 gig up) but you probably already know that shit.

I kinda meant to finish this year. I'm looking through my backlog and prioritizing the ones that matter to me the most.

Persona 2:Lisa Silverman seems to be the best characterized girl in the Persona universe apparently, and Eternal Punishment has adult persona users.

ZOE series: Pat shills how awesome the series is and I love concept of Mech video games since my first video game, Omega Boost.

Gurren Lagann: I watched a few episodes back when the english dub first came out and it was the best thing I've ever seen. Then I just suddenly stopped for some reason.

One thing I've learned from years of internets is that asking won't make it come any faster.

If I had to guess, I would say to expect it around Saturday afternoon since Bestfriendvania is likely to end today if they keep with the schedule they seem to be on now.

0.o must be a short castlevania then
also lets talk about Marvel
SW and QS are no longer Magnetos children
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949855
spoilers for latest AXIS obviously

Since most of us has huge backlogs... What do you guys plan to cross out your backlogs?
Mine would be both P2s, ZOE1&2, and Gurren Lagann
Quick list for my own use, I suppose
To beat: Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Muramasa: Rebirth (almost done), TLOU: Remastered, PT, Planetscape: Torment with all the awesome community mods
Play to satisfaction: More Smash U, maybe Destiny, TLOU multiplayer, Xrd, some Ultimax, doses of my Project Diva crack
Animu: Inou Battle, uhh... I always forget my anime backlog

mostly seems to have become more negative in general.
and yeah it's 4 am here too, better go to sleep. Goodnight guys.
Sorry About annoying you Pat.

Progress bars on those things aren't linear, it can get to 95% super fast and stay at that number for hours. happens on huge files (1 gig up)

It's a 12 gig file.

Are you still gonna continue Golden Time? I'd say its the best
romance
anime I've seen in a looooong time.
It was really good, and then it feel into the
romance
trap of drawn out nonsense drama that just goes around in circles.

I enjoyed it for what it was, those
supernatural elements kinda threw me off though.

this happens so often it cant be considered a spoiler
retcons i mean
also
i guess us fighting Vendrik in his Prime will actually happen cause this JP box art cover

I'm kind of conflicted on that box art. I wanna say it looks great but the Xbox green throws me off.

I hate Xbox cases.

It was really good, and then it feel into the
romance
trap of drawn out nonsense drama that just goes around in circles.

I enjoyed it for what it was, those
supernatural elements kinda threw me off though.
Oh so you finished it? Well I'm glad that you liked it. If you ever need another recommendation, you could always ask me.

DVCY201

Oh so you finished it? Well I'm glad that you liked it. If you ever need another recommendation, you could always ask me.

Kouko is great. But wow, was that last episode rushed. (sorry to butt in, I love Golden Time and Toradora)

Y'know despite Matt and Pat's grievances with The Evil Within, I still greatly enjoy it. It's got some clunky design, but I think there's also a lot of good in it too. Although, you guys are totally cursed with bugs. Playing on the 360, and it's like that version is more stable than current-gen which is bizarre (framerate is shit though).

I do wonder how different the game would've been technically if Mikami and his team weren't forced to use iD Tech 5. I feel like the language barrier must have been huge, and that they would've been better off using something they're familiar with or building their own engine. Alot of my complaints stem from there :/ If they ever make a sequel, I hope they ditch iD Tech.

grimmiq

Are people still continuously surprised by these things?

Stop being so damn gullible.

I've decided to give myself a 3 month rule..any video or screenshots earlier than 3 months before release I won't think of as indicative of the final product.

The new The Order 1886 footage just scrapes in. Bloodborne is an exception..I'm going on media blackout so I don't spoil more bosses..

I've been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate ever since I heard Pat talk about it in the podcast. Tbh I have a history of being fusterated at complicated WRPGs (I probably restarted Morrowind a half dozen dozen times before leaving the second town), but I found BG to be really enjoyable despite having a surface level understanding of DnD mechanics.

Levelling up is really a treat like he said it is. It's why I like Fallout 1 over 2: more rewarding level ups and you can max stuff quickly. Shit is so slow though. If you want to find points of interests in areas, you have to comb through large fields of nothing to clear out the fog of war in a snails pace, which is a bullshit time waster. Also the portraits of party characters disturb me but Imoren a cute.

demidar

I've been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate ever since I heard Pat talk about it in the podcast. Tbh I have a history of being fusterated at complicated WRPGs (I probably restarted Morrowind a half dozen dozen times before leaving the second town), but I found BG to be really enjoyable despite having a surface level understanding of DnD mechanics.

Levelling up is really a treat like he said it is. It's why I like Fallout 1 over 2: more rewarding level ups and you can max stuff quickly. Shit is so slow though. If you want to find points of interests in areas, you have to comb through large fields of nothing to clear out the fog of war in a snails pace, which is a bullshit time waster. Also the portraits of party characters disturb me but Imoren a cute.

I was playing through BG2 and I really liked it, but I just hate that UI. I wish it was similar to NWN1's UI, where you can bring up a radial menu just by right-clicking anything (even abilities on your action bar, one of my main gripes in BG2). The action bar also seems unnecessarily complicated, how you get a button that dives into a deeper action bar filled with spells, special abilities or modes. Managing your inventory is also a bit of a hassle.

I was playing through BG2 and I really liked it, but I just hate that UI. I wish it was similar to NWN1's UI, where you can bring up a radial menu just by right-clicking anything (even abilities on your action bar, one of my main gripes in BG2). The action bar also seems unnecessarily complicated, how you get a button that dives into a deeper action bar filled with spells, special abilities or modes. Managing your inventory is also a bit of a hassle.

Yeah, the UI is bullshit. Thankfully you can pause midfight to set up your commands and skills and the AI can pretty much handle everything if you set it up right.

Nordicus

Levelling up is really a treat like he said it is. It's why I like Fallout 1 over 2: more rewarding level ups and you can max stuff quickly.
Tiny improvements and level-ups is one of my gripes with E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy that I've tried out lately. It's a more complex, janky Deus Ex clone. Aside from some gun upgrades, Deus Ex series has been good about giving you big chunky improvements to your character, while E.Y.E. loves giving you tiny <1% increases to your stats every 5 minutes.

I start researching "Optimized movement systems" in the middle of a mission for a pretty penny, and halfway through the mission when the research has been completed, I gain +4 Agility thanks to it. What does it give me? Melee slashes are faster by 4 milliseconds and my movement is like 2.5% faster. Well whoopde-fricken-doo

Okingjrr

Looking through the tagline submissions...
I like how both Joose and croten submitted an alteration of my initial tagline. Still, I should have voted for the age of waluigi, damn it! Stupid me!

I think you can revote and when typing in your username, add this at the end: (Count this one, not the previous one)

JoJo94

SHilling my website again to see if it has bugs for anyone on here...ps it doesn't work on mobile at all. http://fac2.hsu.edu/artstu/id2014/jonesj_id2014/

If you guys notice something really off pm me so the thread doesn't become me spamming this place about my site.Also contact info doesn't work either...

Now on to the next thing. Finals will be over soon and christmas break is starting and I'm gonna hopefully get smash soon...maybe a PS4 too...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom