• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm 4 better update all the characters, (If they are doing the Movie, they have no choice since they can't port their movesets from Storm 2 for new models and characters) One of my main grips, even though they are always updating the battle system, they are never updating characters who's name isn't Naruto, Sasuke or Kakashi.

they have to update Hinata though cause shes now a main character
Sakura though lol

360pages

I've been destroying most Rosalinas I come across, as not a lot of them seem to be good players, but an excellent Rosalina is the biggest pain in the ass you'll ever meet.
Diddy is insanely good if you know what you're doing, but he's a lot more manageable.

I don't mind Diddy, so much. Even a really good one can be fought and even depending on the situation.

I dont like pair characters like Roselina or Ice climbers. Keeping track of one character is tough, how do you expect me to keep track of two!?

Rosalina and Luma are basically an ez mode Ice Climbers, only not as good. You really don't have to worry about the Luma, as it comes back pretty quickly anyway.

Diddy Kong or Rosalina are the best characters in the game, with ZSS very close.

the ultimate fail gif
7tGkAnt.gif

Jman014

Did somebody say.........coffee?
profile.jpg

I love coffee when it has a lot of cream, milk, and sugar. When you put a lot of that stuff in it, it becomes a dessert with any meal you're having or it can be a big snack on its own.

Oh York, your inhuman smile brings hope to us all.

It's been posted already. Would these count as spoilers for the video since not everyone has seen it?

"I thought it was a slope" - woolie wools

I got spoiled by it last night but I still laughed. That was fucking great. Like Woolie even saw how steep that shit was and he still went for it. Though I gotta say after playing DS1 a bit, it bugs me that that would NOT have killed you back then

Watching that gif over and over, it took me a moment to realize that he isn't sliding at all and it's some sort of velocity-based death. He is actually falling, it's just following the geometry of the level until he impacts a flat surface.

That makes it even funnier to me.

Xiraiya

The previous version had a terrible framerate that made the gif pointless, so who cares, now we got something good.

Watching that gif over and over, it took me a moment to realize that he isn't sliding at all and it's some sort of velocity-based death. He is actually falling, it's just following the geometry of the level until he impacts a flat surface.

There is actually a drop off at the end, but Dark Souls 1 did the same thing, sliding was equated to falling, so sliding long distances beyond a certain angle = death.

Zenfalcia

I got spoiled by it last night but I still laughed. That was fucking great. Like Woolie even saw how steep that shit was and he still went for it. Though I gotta say after playing DS1 a bit, it bugs me that that would NOT have killed you back then

Me too. It's not a big deal, I guess. It's pretty funmy.

Glichesarecool
Velocity Based Deaths are funny

Well I mean,
It was somewhat reccommended to progress through the game. You somewhat can't progress through the depths without sliding right?

Yeah ive survived way bigger falls than that in DS1....I still need to finish that...im on Lost Izalith

Me too. It's not a big deal, I guess. It's pretty funmy.
I was still salt cause I'm pretty sure I would've laughed more without spoilers, but man Pat's
delayed laugh
Well I mean,
It was somewhat reccommended to progress through the game. You somewhat can't progress through the depths without sliding right?
Oh yeah no it's definitely still bullshit, but he should've been suspicious of the game helping him
Yeah ive survived way bigger falls than that in DS1....I still need to finish that...im on Lost Izalith
Same here, I'll get back to it once I finish this paper
It's Woolie's fire axe monent.
I thought that was the DKC lp where he
dies right after tagging in

Xiraiya

Rewatching the Fire Axeident and it's just still so great, Matt dropping it on the ground by accident and making Pat nervous, then just launches it into the pit a few seconds later.

Yeah I guess... It seems more like the entrance to the gutter where it trolls all of the returning players.

I don't think they should have taken out the sliding mechanic in DaS II tho.
Oh man fuck the gutter, fuck the black gulch, FUCK poison areas.
Apparently not since I don't even remember that stuff, Woolie's slide is something you won't forget.
You should go back and watch it sometime, or at least look for that moment
Rewatching the Fire Axeident and it's just still so great, Matt dropping it on the ground by accident and making Pat nervous, then just launches it into the pit a few seconds later.
Downpour was fucking fantastic. I wish they'd do another shitty Silent Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom