• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could sense it.

G0Bivk7.png

I watched the entire first season of My Little Pony because people made me. Those first two episodes have pretty impressive animation and it's respectable on that front in several moments that I have seen. Literally every other part seems like just another kids show and I still don't understand why it got as big as it did.

I watched the entire first season of My Little Pony because people made me. Those first two episodes have pretty impressive animation and it's respectable on that front in several moments that I have seen. Literally every other part seems like just another kids show and I still don't understand why it got as big as it did.

Cause it was popular. It's just a good kids' show. Nothing that special about it. It's just like every other good cartoon on the planet.

Hey, I had the decency to link

To throw my hat into the ring, while I don't follow the show much any more, originally I just liked the characters and sorta the plot (the individual episodes were great on their own, and Discord is the greatest because it's just Q again). I think I've also mentioned before that my girlfriend strongly identified with one of them and it improved her quality of life during a dark time.

To throw my hat into the ring, while I don't follow the show much any more, originally I just liked the characters. I think I've also mentioned before that my girlfriend strongly identified with one of them and it improved her quality of life during a dark time.

I'm not begrudging anyone for liking it and I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just not sure why it got the following it had, since it seemed pretty standard from my view. I'm down with anyone liking anything as long as it makes them happy, but I'm still gonna be curious why if i don't get it.

That's what I'm saying, it seems like all the others, I don't see why it was particularly more popular than the others.

Hipsters. "Oooh, look at this My Little Pony, it's for girls and we like it, look at how counterculture and weird we are" And then it spread to the normal people because of the huge push. It should be sitting next to stuff like Gravity Falls just quietly being watched by Tumblr, but they pushed it into a spotlight that turned all its fans into attention whores and attention whores into its fans. And thus, its fans have killed the show for normal people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom