• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Hipsters. "Oooh, look at this My Little Pony, it's for girls and we like it, look at how counterculture and weird we are" And then it spread to the normal people because of the huge push. It should be sitting next to stuff like Gravity Falls just quietly being watched by Tumblr, but they pushed it into a spotlight that turned all its fans into attention whores and attention whores into its fans. And thus, its fans have killed the show for normal people.

Overly fanatic fans do that a lot. I mean.. look at homestuck and other series.

Hipsters. "Oooh, look at this My Little Pony, it's for girls and we like it, look at how counterculture and weird we are" And then it spread to the normal people because of the huge push. It should be sitting next to stuff like Gravity Falls just quietly being watched by Tumblr, but they pushed it into a spotlight that turned all its fans into attention whores and attention whores into its fans. And thus, its fans have killed the show for normal people.

If you are trying to say that Gravity Falls is a bad show, I fully disagree. Now, if you are saying that it should be watched like a normal person, like Gravity Falls is (for the most part) I completely agree.

Really, the fanbase prevented me from ever giving the show a real chance, and that's a shame.

1. I have come to the conclusion that Rosalina is most definitely a top tier waifu

2. How are you all liking Smash Wii U?

It's aight. There are some things that I would want to happen (limited air-dodges, faster gravity, nerfing recoveries, and emphasis on aggressive play) but the game fixes pretty much every issue I had with Brawl.

Well, except terrible stages. There are so many in the game, it's a bit ridiculous.

I used to be called Senpai when I was president of the anime club.
tumblr_m92krmgMly1r4z63vo2_1280.png

Well, except terrible stages. There are so many in the game, it's a bit ridiculous.

Yep I couldn't agree more. I am kinda angry about the emphasis on making every stage have a final destination version because that just kinda feels like they had an excuse to make any other bullshit stage they want. I still think they need to focus on making stages that arent just final destination but also arent a bunch of bullshit. Things like the original Corneria,
Without the spaceships that shoot you
, Battlefield, Mario Galaxy Stage and the Villager Stage. These throw little things in that don't make the map super boring like final D or all bullshit like everything else. We need more stages like those.

If you are trying to say that Gravity Falls is a bad show, I fully disagree. Now, if you are saying that it should be watched like a normal person, like Gravity Falls is (for the most part) I completely agree.
Exactly. I'd say they're of comparable quality, despite MLP being clearly for slightly younger kids.
But Garrus is 3D pig disgusting.
Oh. Okay. Just gonna leave this here.

Yep I couldn't agree more. I am kinda angry about the emphasis on making every stage have a final destination version because that just kinda feels like they had an excuse to make any other bullshit stage they want. I still think they need to focus on making stages that arent just final destination but also arent a bunch of bullshit. Things like the original Corneria,
Without the spaceships that shoot you
, Battlefield, Mario Galaxy Stage and the Villager Stage. These throw little things in that don't make the map super boring like final D or all bullshit like everything else. We need more stages like those.

There are some good stages in smash wii u but are ruined by god damn stage hazards and stage transitions, i really like wily's castle and pyrosphere but ridley and the yellow devil just makes it really annoying to play on

Speak of smash, anyone wanna go 1v1, no items, neutral stages, 3 stock with me?

croten

There are some good stages in smash wii u but are ruined by god damn stage hazards and stage transitions, i really like wily's castle and pyrosphere but ridley and the yellow devil just makes it really annoying to play on

Speak of smash, anyone wanna go 1v1, no items, neutral stages, 3 stock with me?
Fox only?

360pages

I would never let the fans of a show ruin it for me.

As for smash, I actually like some of the bullshit stages. Plus the final Ds do have slight difference.

An hour and a half till my psych final, and I'm getting that usual feeling of anxiety where I just want to take it now and get it over with rather than wait. Always frustrating. Best I can do is keep reviewing the material.

And Banana, I approve of the new avatar, bonus points for it including Tako Luka as well.

An hour and a half till my psych final, and I'm getting that usual feeling of anxiety where I just want to take it now and get it over with rather than wait. Always frustrating. Best I can do is keep reviewing the material.

And Banana, I approve of the new avatar, bonus points for it including Tako Luka as well.

get some pre final boss music ready

What thread is this again?

The neogaf chat room

Because it's two extremes that come together in a funny yet really fitting way.

Throwing dumb-ass gangsta shit into the dumbest thing in anime instantly makes the whole thing feel more ironic than it really is, and that makes everyone feel better about liking their girl cartoons.

all fandoms are awful, including us.

We're the worst one. We've talked about hentai more than we have what the thread is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom