• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I find that most cons that are super based on a niche thing like MLP and the recent Dashcon are usually low quality and aren't worth the money. I'd like to be proven wrong for ours, but like Pat said, cynicism is usually right.

Tho I'd like to see a NeoGAFcon where I live.

I think if it was just this thread and it was just a meet up, despite how completely unrealistic that is on every level, it probably wouldn't be that bad. We're all of somewhat comparable ages and have normal interests in common outside of the one thing, so we'd probably just look and act like a normal group of people.

Now if it was the entire SBF fanbase, yeah, that'd be a shitshow.

360pages

So I brought up before, but since I'm a little over halfway done the current arc in my story. (11 chapters) I was thinking about having my next arc take place in France and Egypt, considering two of the characters in the story are from said place. Unfortunately, I never actually been there and writing for them might be a little strange.

The current arc just takes place in a town, larger than most towns but smaller than a city. In an unknown state and place. (This is so I can put what I want in the area without contradicting things)

So I brought up before, but since I'm a little over halfway done the current arc in my story. (11 chapters) I was thinking about having my next arc take place in France and Egypt, considering two of the characters in the story are from said place. Unfortunately, I never actually been there and writing for them might be a little strange.

The current arc just takes place in a town, larger than most towns but smaller than a city. In an unknown state and place. (This is so I can put what I want in the area without contradicting things)

Documentaries and books will help fill in most blanks about places without going there, but I like to take the lazy and superior approach, know as little as possible about a place or subject before writing about it and make every detail up based on your limited knowledge of it blown into extremes to fill out a country. Though that probably doesn't work in writing that isn't terrible or ridiculous, so you'll just have to do some research.

tumblr_mwfu8z2RbD1r88u00o1_1280.jpg

I think if it was just this thread and it was just a meet up, despite how completely unrealistic that is on every level, it probably wouldn't be that bad. We're all of somewhat comparable ages and have normal interests in common outside of the one thing, so we'd probably just look and act like a normal group of people.

Now if it was the entire SBF fanbase, yeah, that'd be a shitshow.
Yeah I wouldn't mind going to a meet up.
Framed a gift for my GF
Is that the first pokemon poster? Still. It looks super sick

What would a SBF con consist of?

I've never been to a con.
I've only been to big cons, but there are a lot of things to do there.

Dealer's rooms are great places to do shoping for miscellaneous things from dakimakura to hype t-shirts.

Panels are great for learning more about different things such as writing an anime series to learning about the new english releases.

Game rooms and photo stuff are also cool for the people who like to game or cosplay.

I need to go back to one in the summer.

I've only been to big cons, but there are a lot of things to do there.

Dealer's rooms are great places to do shoping for miscellaneous things from dakimakura to hype t-shirts.

Panels are great for learning more about different things such as writing an anime series to learning about the new english releases.

Game rooms and photo stuff are also cool for the people who like to game or cosplay.

I need to go back to one in the summer.

I've tempted myself into wanting to go to NYCC, but the crowd are fucking terrible and there's obnoxious tourists that will ruin my experience.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
What would a SBF con consist of?

I've never been to a con.

A SBF convention would be majorly overkill given the organisation and funds required to do such a thing. It would be much better just to organise a weekend where the guys stream for 48 hours and get wasted online with everyone else across the world in the comfort of their own homes.

I've tempted myself into wanting to go to NYCC, but the crowd are fucking terrible and there's obnoxious tourists that will ruin my experience.
Is it at a convention center? I wouldn't wanna go one that does. Even though it might be bigger, convenience>room. From what I've heard about some cons in NYC, they are heavily unorganized and don't even check for your pass, so I don't think its really worth it, but check around the NYC OT about it. I might be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom