• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up Dragon Age finally and I really want to crack into it, but I want to play it in my new apartment but that's not until tomorrow but I have to go to bed soon in order to move but no I can't sleep with this box sitting here and my lesbian fantasy adventures waiting!

ultimax

FTFY

That warioware inc mix is my jam. Bathtime Vocal Mix 4lyfe
ASHLEY THEME DA BESS
I picked up Dragon Age finally and I really want to crack into it, but I want to play it in my new apartment but that's not until tomorrow but I have to go to bed soon in order to move but no I can't sleep with this box sitting here and my lesbian fantasy adventures waiting!
I've never played a dragon age game before, so in curious to hear some opinions. Something about it always looked off to me

sjay1994

o_O
Dream of fantasy lesbians.

I prefer my lesbians in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

tumblr_lt1b52ggi81qal3lwo2_400.gif

I've never played a dragon age game before, so in curious to hear some opinions. Something about it always looked off to me

I'm in the same boat.... but its mostly due to me not liking fantasy all that much.

360pages

Well, this chapter was a turning point in what kind of tone this specific Story I am writing. Not my writing month story, more about a secondary story I had on the back burner a little.

I decided to go full over the top with it. (This makes the tone of the third chapter kind of out of place) but I do think it probably will fit over all with the story not to have a single dull moment in it.

So besides getting Shadow of Mordor over Thanksgiving, I also bought Titanfall for 5 bucks on Origin because EA continues to try and sell it to as many people to keep it alive. Installed all 50 some gigs of it and went through the training mode.

Man, the pilot mobility is as good as I thought it would be, but as a mecha fan, I was pleasantly surprised that piloting a Titan did not control exactly like a regular first person shooter. Specifically the fact that you can do a dash boost to dodge fire in a fixed direction, which in most cases is a sure fire way to make your game with pilotable robots feel like robots. The whole thing gave me some slight VOTOMs vibes, which I don't know if Respawn themselves were even aware of, but good on them for unintentionally going in that direction.

And even then, I've yet to jump into any multiplayer but I'm already hoping they've got plans for a Titanfall 2 to expand this shit further. Maybe a proper single player campaign as well. Still, so far good impression made in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Why does Orbital Gate Assault look so good? Like, I knew this game was gonna look good but it looks like Mario Kart 8 has some serious competition for #BestGraphics2014.

Wait, MK8 was in the competition.

Artstyle, maybe. Anything with aliasing like that isn't anywhere close.

Titanfall would have been fantastic...If it didn't have ADS. For such a "fast paced shooter" to incorporate such a pace killer like ADS is not good.

Titanfall would have been fantastic...If it didn't have ADS. For such a "fast paced shooter" to incorporate such a pace killer like ADS is not good.
I barely even touched the ADS during the training missions, as it felt like it was only useful if you were trying to pick off someone from a long distance. If anything, I'm running up to dudes and then gunning them down as I pass by.

Since it did not feel like hip fire was totally hampering my ability to do shit, I let it pass here and will let people who like that bullshit have it so they don't bitch about nothing.

Funny thing, ROTT 2013 has the best use of iron sights ever because there's no difference between that and hip fire, making it totally pointless and there as a joke feature.

So besides getting Shadow of Mordor over Thanksgiving, I also bought Titanfall for 5 bucks on Origin because EA continues to try and sell it to as many people to keep it alive. Installed all 50 some gigs of it and went through the training mode.

Man, the pilot mobility is as good as I thought it would be, but as a mecha fan, I was pleasantly surprised that piloting a Titan did not control exactly like a regular first person shooter. Specifically the fact that you can do a dash boost to dodge fire in a fixed direction, which in most cases is a sure fire way to make your game with pilotable robots feel like robots. The whole thing gave me some slight VOTOMs vibes, which I don't know if Respawn themselves were even aware of, but good on them for unintentionally going in that direction.

And even then, I've yet to jump into any multiplayer but I'm already hoping they've got plans for a Titanfall 2 to expand this shit further. Maybe a proper single player campaign as well. Still, so far good impression made in terms of gameplay mechanics.

I only played a free 72 trial of titan fall but when I played it I never got in the mechs. Running around as a pilot was so fucking fun.

demidar

Just picked up Bayonetta 2 and Smash. I look at the rating on Bayo 2 and it only says "Strong fantasy violence". There's nothing about sexual themes or suggestive content. Weird.

What is this and when do I get it and why does it look so Trigger/Gainax

Guy gets his spirit removed from his body. April. MAPPA is an animation studio headed by a former head MADHOUSE director and did Ippo Rising, Rage of Bahamut and Terror in Resonance for reference of how awesome their animation is.

That fucking power up in the first few second is super sick.

Beloved

So today someone stole my credit card information and used it to buy like $600+ worth of clothes and other bullshit.

Jokes on them though because I'll get my money back and with any luck their ass will go to jail because THAT'S A FUCKING FELONY and they bought stuff online, so they had to have given a shipping address.

tumblr_lznbxjHmrq1r96xczo4_250.gif

Squishy3

Motherfucking MAPPA making the best shit.

Science Girl or Dark skin white hair Girl? I can't choose, these two usually end my choice but are rarely present at the same time!
did his nose bleed just cause first impact?

I tuned out the shit story. There's nothing interesting about the lore.
There's nothing interesting about the game after you play it for a bit. The rest of the structure of the game is the same

every boss is just a bullet sponge that brings in adds too

Xiraiya

So today someone stole my credit card information and used it to buy like $600+ worth of clothes and other bullshit.

Jokes on them though because I'll get my money back and with any luck their ass will go to jail because THAT'S A FUCKING FELONY and they bought stuff online, so they had to have given a shipping address.

tumblr_lznbxjHmrq1r96xczo4_250.gif

SFH_Lee_Motel.png

That's my girl.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm currently playing the Destiny demo on 360.

The shooting is so buttery smooth.

The base gameplay is fantastic. The problem is it's incredibly barebones. Those "Expansion Packs" are a joke.

Damn, that sucks to here. I hope everything gets sorted out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom