• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only a suggestion.

RL Stine is so cute
No stahp! Chulip was the worst!!!
nT6Rs.gif

360pages

Just watched the new Evil Within Part. Damn, that boss fight was on some DSP shit, haha.

It wasn't that bad considering the game doesn't do the best kind of job telling you the weak spot.

A game without a dodge button or quick movement, it goes against common sense to stand in the line of the foe jumping out. Since the main character is slowly than Say Leon form RE4, you think the smart solution would be attack it while it's simply moving around.

My name is actually Aaron. I just don't bring it up since it's weird considering other Aaron also has that name.
He only really wins out because it's in his username.

Being named Matt is funny when people talk to him on the podcast or in videos. Now I'm used to it, but it used to really get my attention.

Just watched the new Evil Within Part. Damn, that boss fight was on some DSP shit, haha.

They're honestly reaching DSP levels on a lot of games recently where they just complain about anything when the game does something they don't get or something is too difficult for them.

They're honestly reaching DSP levels on a lot of games recently where they just complain about anything when the game does something they don't get or something is too difficult for them.
Mind if I ask for specific examples? I think that Evil Within bossfight was pretty unclear.

Mind if I ask for specific examples? I think that Evil Within bossfight was pretty unclear.

That fight was one. Dodge the boss and shoot it. They tried something once and gave up on it afterwards.

Another example involves Woolie and Liam complaining in Guacamelee that those dual sword guys were bad design because they were getting wrecked by them and Pat in DS2 saying the giant with lava shoulders were shit when what he doesn't get is that they're like that to punish you for circle strafing around them like the rest of the game teaches you to do.

Don't get me wrong I still love watching these guys but it's just a little sad to see that they're falling into some of the same tropes they've mad fun of others for doing.

Its comments like these that make me wonder if people have ever even seen a DSP video. People throw around that term lightly. Complaining about game mechanics is one thing. Calling someone DSP is as low as it gets to the point where I'd take it as a straight sign of disrespect to everything the best friends do.

ultimax

Comparing them (or anybody for that matter) to DSP is kind of stretching it. Nobody is DSP levels of bad

I am Tyler, The First of his Name, Shin Liam the First and The Proprietor of Horse Cock
I don't know why we are sharing our names again

The guys do not always pay attention to the games they are playing and it does hurt them at times but there is no way they can be compared to DPS

Its comments like these that make me wonder if people have ever even seen a DSP video.

I don't make a habit of watching his videos but I've seen his Metal Gear rage, Revengeance rage and a few streams I caught of his where he just complains that a game is bullshit because he can't understand how to beat something.

Comparing them (or anybody for that matter) to DSP is kind of stretching it. Nobody is DSP levels of bad

You're right, they're not that bad. It's just as I said in an earlier comment that they're falling into some of the same tropes they've made fun of him over before.

That fight was one. Dodge the boss and shoot it. They tried something once and gave up on it afterwards.

Another example involves Woolie and Liam complaining in Guacamelee that those dual sword guys were bad design because they were getting wrecked by them.

Don't get me wrong I still love watching these guys but it's just a little sad to see that they're falling into some of the same tropes they've mad fun of others for doing.
Hm. I could make excuses on their behalf for those examples, but I see what you mean. The Evil Within being double blind is making it rough. Tossing around phrases like "bad design" really bug me too though.

They're still people I respect greatly for their tastes and opinions, so I wouldn't say any of this lessens it on it's own, but you're not wrong.

Also yeah, it's certainly not comparable to DSP.

I don't make a habit of watching his videos but I've seen his Metal Gear rage, Revengeance rage and a few streams I caught of his where he just complains that a game is bullshit because he can't understand how to beat something.

DSP is a lot worse than just complaining about things don't work because he can't understand them. He complains that everything doesn't work regardless of whether or not he understands them. Even when he does understand it, he fakes not understanding it on camera just for the views. The best friends have never done that kind of thing as a serious video outside their dumb machinima ones.

You're right, they're not that bad. It's just as I said in an earlier comment that they're falling into some of the same tropes they've made fun of him over before.
The difference is when something is obvious and pat didnt realizes, he acknowledges that hes fucking retarted.

DSP is a lot worse than just complaining about things don't work because he can't understand them. He complains that everything doesn't work regardless of whether or not he understands them. Even when he does understand it, he fakes not understanding it on camera just for the views. The best friends have never done that kind of thing as a serious video outside their dumb machinima ones.

You are correct. One of the most glaring examples I can think of was one clip I saw of him playing MGS2 and was scrolling through the item selection, hovering right over and item with it blatantly telling him how to use it and him just sitting on the screen for like 2 minutes bitching about how the game doesn't tell him how to do anything. -__-

You are correct. One of the most glaring examples I can think of was one clip I saw of him playing MGS2 and was scrolling through the item selection, hovering right over and item with it blatantly telling him how to use it and him just sitting on the screen for like 2 minutes bitching about how the game doesn't tell him how to do anything. -__-

Exactly, Pat and Woolie and Liam and Matt are dumb for not getting things, but at least its geniune and when they realize its actually their fault, they'll totally own up to it. You'll never get that kind of thing from DSP. Comparing the two is beyond silly.

Jman014

I'm still surprised DSP didn't try to parry more during the Monsoon fight in Revengeance.

Also, hi I'm Windranger with a raider's patch on so I kinda look a bit like Raiden and Big Boss.

demidar

I thought you were talking about Metal Gear Scanlon for a second :lol

I thought you were talking about Metal Gear Scanlon for a second :lol

One day I'll subscribe to the giant bomb website so I can watch their mario party LPs and their Metal Gear playthroughs and all their other premium content. Whenever I get a new laptop anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom