• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got why people liked arcades so much.
Its the best collection of niche games that I may never get to play
Well, it's the Exploration Sale for Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and there will be another Winter Sale probably in December that will be bigger.

That said, New Vegas is a Daily right now, so you probably won't see it any cheaper next month.
Thats a big probably.
Nope, gonna buy a key for you just because everyone deserves to experience the awesomeness of New Vegas.
;~; Thank you.

Excellent
I should mention, to those who may be confused by my incredibly high regard for Obsidian, I can point to a very clear example. Not only is KOTOR2 the single best star wars anything thats been made, but it's the only piece of fiction that I'm aware of that makes a nuanced, cogent and incredibly compelling case for the Dark Side of the Force, and that point is often hammered around game design elements within the world. It's amazing.

Thank you, KOTOR 2 is one of my favourite rpgs of all time, it is a true shame that once again, it got pushed out with a ton of bugs and a rushed out ending. I have yet to try out that fan restoration patch for it but I hear like the one for VTMB it adds stuff that is hidden in the game files. I actually found KOTOR1 way buggier, I was never actually able to complete KOTOR without very frequent crashes and having my saves wiped out every time I went to launch it.

The start of new vegas is kinda bad seeing how you have to take a very specific set of routes to get the game going.

18, just never got them even when I was a kid
Thats what I LOVE about New Vegas. I think I started new characters just to do the beginning until I got to the NCR outpost before Nipton.

Your age would explain it though. Consoles were pretty much making Arcades obsolete by the time the PS1 was coming out.

What are you, like 12?

For real tho, Arcades were like fucking Disneyland for me. You had to be there maaaaan.
Even though I first went to arcades near the end of their heyday, I always relish whenever I find a DDR machine or some other cabinet out in the wild for me to play.

There was this one mall that had a used game/anime/nerd bullshit store I frequented, and nearby there was a DDR Supernova cabinet I'd play at least once a week. Left my feet sore as shit, but it was worth it every time.

I'm pretty sure that that machine stayed around for as long as I did because I kept playing it. People these days don't have the balls to dance in public it seems.

The start of new vegas is kinda bad seeing how you have to take a very specific set of routes to get the game going.

18, just never got them even when I was a kid
When I was a kid, my local Pizza parlor had an arcade port of a Megaman X game and it was so hype. I hadn't played an Megaman game let alone a Megaman X game
Got one or two matches left in me. Fevers coming back and I'm too sick to hold a controller.
Hope you get better.

Thats what I LOVE about New Vegas. I think I started new characters just to do the beginning until I got to the NCR outpost before Nipton.

Your age would explain it though. Consoles were pretty much making Arcades obsolete by the time the PS1 was coming out.

I hate that kind of "low levels get instantly face fucked" type areas that are near the huge land mark that are the main hub of the whole fucking game.

I guess. Most of the arcades I see are full of light gun shooters and motion stuff and I loath any game that uses motion controls.

Boone is not your sidekick, you are Boone's sidekick.

Too bad he was nerfed lol
He's still a god damn beast. Only other worthwhile humanoid companion is Veronica in the Power armor you find in the Robco building.
Even though I first went to arcades near the end of their heyday, I always relish whenever I find a DDR machine or some other cabinet out in the wild for me to play.

There was this one mall that had a used game/anime/nerd bullshit store I frequented, and nearby there was a DDR Supernova cabinet I'd play at least once a week. Left my feet sore as shit, but it was worth it every time.

I'm pretty sure that that machine stayed around for as long as I did because I kept playing it. People these days don't have the balls to dance in public it seems.
Although some people had too much balls back in the day.

I hate that kind of "low levels get instantly face fucked" type areas that are near the huge land mark that are the main hub of the whole fucking game.

I guess. Most of the arcades I see are full of light gun shooters and motion stuff and I loath any game that uses motion controls.
Well to me it's kind of fun. Except for the Deathclaws. That's just nuts. I do like making a suicide run where all the Radscorpions and Cazadores are to Bonnie Springs. Then the thrill of taking out the gang there by shooting the plasma grenade the leader throws at you. Gives me so much girth.

OH.Those types of arcades. Those are the definition of the decline of arcades. I practically grew up in mall arcade where fighting games where king.

I gotta say, the fact that Obsidian delayed Eternity for like 4 more months is awesome. They finally had the ability to say "you know what, we COULD release it, but let's polish it up some more"

Yeah, well it's a company with a long history of getting raw fucked on that exact concept and it's a kickstarter game to boot. I don't blame em for wanting to spitshine it.

Oh yeah, I'm just as happy to see it. I just mean to point out the contrast after so many 'broken-on-release' AAA titles in the past few months, I'm glad to see things get delayed and actually finished.

I gotta say, the fact that Obsidian delayed Eternity for like 4 more months is awesome. They finally had the ability to say "you know what, we COULD release it, but let's polish it up some more"

I don't even know what the game looks like. I'm saving myself for a blind playthrough, I hope its not a turn based rpg

I don't even know what the game looks like. I'm saving myself for a blind playthrough, I hope its not a turn based rpg

It's real time with pause. It's got a button that puts it into a super slow mode to give you tons of time to make decisions when shit gets nuts, if you want to use that instead of pause. They also got all the typical auto-pause shit.

Nordicus

It's real time with pause. It's got a button that puts it into a super slow mode to give you tons of time to make decisions when shit gets nuts, if you want to use that instead of pause. They also got all the typical auto-pause shit.
I haven't tried the beta since the first update, but I hope PoE gets a feature where you can queue up moves and spells. Aarklash Legacy recently had that, so you could make a command like "walk here, cast a cone of fire spell in this direction, buff your ally and then auto-attack this enemy" without having to micromanage every step

PQ has really warmed up on my now that both the partys have met and there is shenanigans a plenty. it seems like they turned up the encounter rate for the second dungeon. What I really do not like is how they tweaked the amount of SP spells cost. Abilities automatic get changed to their stronger forms which is fine in the mainline games but here the SP jumps from 8SP for a agi use to 26 or 28SP for agilo which seems like a crazy amount considering the sub personas you are getting at this level do not give that much extra SP. Megido cost something stupid like 56SP for a single use, which would wipe out pretty much all of Naoto's SP for the foreseeable future. Maybe once you get access to better fused sub personas with more SP this will balance itself out but for now these spells seem useless if you do not have the special attack state where casts are free.

Tako

Hey frienders have you heard about this manga about an otaku girl and her life with a bunch of kawaii boys.

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
Summary:
Serinuma Kae is a chubby second-year high schooler and an avid fujoshi who secretly ships her classmates, Igarashi-kun and Nanashima-kun. The death of her favorite anime character causes her to become stressed--and loses weight rapidly. Now that Serinuma has became an attractive girl to her classmates, her snarky kouhai Shinomiya-kun, and her senpai Mutsumi, how is she going to deal with them...with her constant BL-filled, fujoshi mind?!

Zenfalcia

Hey frienders have you heard about this manga about an otaku girl and her life with a bunch of kawaii boys.

6/10 it's ok. The story is pretty generic and the only real twist is that she was fat before and then now looks cute and all the guys go crazy for her. The comedy is alright i suppose.

Edit: catching up on the thread and i see that the avatar wars went on for a while.

I can't fucking sleep, so I guess I'm gonna finally watch the third Madoka movie.

Oh wow, sick. Hope it's better than the second game's LP. Aaron is right in that it's pretty rough.

1 is better. The job minigames are better in the first game. The 8bit shit in 2 was awful awful awful.

I like when they play Japanese games. /weeb

Zenfalcia

Alfe... what an amazing avatar.

image.php

I can't fucking sleep, so I guess I'm gonna finally watch the third Madoka movie.

Oh wow, sick. Hope it's better than the second game's LP. Aaron is right in that it's pretty rough.

Sounds fun.

It's going to be like the no more heroes 2 LP except EVEN MORE rough.. that's due to the bike controls and not fun mini games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom