• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I don't know if I'm better than Pat, I've only ever fought against certain frienders. I just want to fight him a few times since my fights with him were cut short on the 3DS version due to lag. Bought a LAN adapter for my Wii U just for that.

It's the weekend, you might get lucky and join a game with him later.

I make horrible life decisions?

Hurray for horrible life decisions!

I'm up at 6:30 AM watching this Madoka movie.

ALSO WOW THIS MADOKA MOVIE THOUGH
THAT HAD SOME BALLS

How long have you been up?

Zenfalcia

I slept in till 11AM yesterday. I'm pretty fucked.

It was way fucking better than I expected. The pacing was pretty breakneck compared to the show's slow, slow burn.

I can't believe they did that. Man.

11AM isn't that bad..

You're making me want to watch it now... Don't do this to me!

11AM isn't that bad..
You're making me want to watch it now... Don't do this to me!

Could be worse.

It was fucking great man. I can't believe they had the fucking balls to do all of that. I get why Liam said he only liked the series after this movie, this could change a person's opinion. Like, holy shit.
Anyone who liked Madoka should totally watch it. This is gonna stick with me for awhile.

croten

Could be worse.

It was fucking great man. I can't believe they had the fucking balls to do all of that. I get why Liam said he only liked the series after this movie, this could change a person's opinion. Like, holy shit.

Yeah it could be, I slept in till 2PM yesterday

Zenfalcia

Could be worse.

Anyone who liked Madoka should totally watch it. This is gonna stick with me for awhile.

It could be.. You could be me and passing out at 8pm and waking up at 4am.. on the bright side i'm up really early and not tired?

Ok, i'm sold. I think I already have it from a local anime store if not I'll get it now.

I watched The Road Warrior again last night.

I realized that the V8 Interceptor is barely in that movie.

For shame.

And that it is also a very accurate representation of modern day Australia.

Okingjrr

Hey guys!

Why is the discussion mirroring one we had in a previous thread: people talking about the time they sleep in to and YesManKablam watching Road Warrior again?

Have we entered a time loop?

Yes, and the only way out is to do our homework.

20673657_omg_reaction_gif.gif

Hey guys!

Why is the discussion mirroring one we had in a previous thread: people talking about the time they sleep in to and YesManKablam watching Road Warrior again?

Just because I watch it on a regular basis, doesn't mean we entered a time loop.

Zenfalcia

Hey guys!

Yes, we always have the same discussions over and over again. We're running out of material mostly due to everyone else sleeping.

Okingjrr

Yes, and the only way out is to do our homework.
No please, no! I'm going to do that right now.
Just because I watch it on a regular basis, doesn't mean we entered a time loop.
I know, it's just that the build up was very similar.
Yes, we always have the same discussions over and over again. We're running out of material mostly due to everyone else sleeping.
Welcome to thread 8.
An actual mobius strip would've been better but eh.

Xiraiya

Jesus christ that FNF.

"Wha Liam, Lucina...who? Whaa... I can't see anything *wanders around aimlessly*."

I swear Matt had to be Drunk, or high or something, his attention span is a non existent as Woolie's reading ability.

Zenfalcia

Jesus christ that FNF.

"Wha Liam, Lucina...who? Whaa... I can't see anything *wanders around aimlessly*."

I swear Matt had to be Drunk, or high or something, his attention span is a non existent as Woolie's reading ability.

I found it hilarious that Pat keeps suiciding without anyone touching him. Yeah, Matt seemed out of it or something. He was even more out of it during the smash tour.

Oh yeah, I bought Smash on Friday.

I played for five minutes.

I don't have any desire to go back.

I found it hilarious that Pat keeps suiciding without anyone touching him. Yeah, Matt seemed out of it or something. He was even more out of it during the smash tour.

AKA: Downpour the playthrough.

Well, it's not like everyone hates on it..
I still have my n64 yoshi game.. i might finish it in 20 years.
Actually even I will hate on Yoshi's Story. The Yoshi games after Island are pretty terrible.
While I can't say that I hate it, I don't remember any of the levels I've played of Yoshi's Island games. They don't have the same magic as Mario's level designs.
Other way around for me. I never got into Mario World like I did YI.

I have played all of the Smash games. And it was the Wii U version I got, I already have the others.

The game just feels meh, same as all the others.

Really? Huh.. What's the hate based on?
I acknowledge it's all personal, but it looks terrible sounds terrible, and the gameplay is nonexistant. I've heard it gets better in the latter half's worlds- but I've never come close to getting that far.

It feels like an LCD trip and a kids game morphed into a boring mess.
I have played all of the Smash games. And it was the Wii U version I got, I already have the others.

It's a shame you feel burnt out on the series. They're pretty infrequent releases, and the differences in roster and gameplay mean a lot to me.
Out of curiosity, do you into other fightgames?
terrible fighting game

pls no stahp

Somewhat the same for me, but just the thought of pulling off Ganon's air side b in a match hypes me up. Pulling off dumb shit in a terrible fighting game makes it way better.

Zenfalcia

I acknowledge it's all personal, but it looks terrible sounds terrible, and the gameplay is nonexistant. I've heard it gets better in the latter half's worlds- but I've never come close to getting that far.

It feels like an LCD trip and a kids game morphed into a boring mess.

I remember playing the game and not getting very far either.. I don't even remember how far I got. I'm tempted to try to finish it.

The art was interesting and gameplay.. was something..

Its probably why I don't like it. I still consider getting a Wii U just to play dumb bullshit matches because of the Sm4sh trailers.

From a gameplay perspective yes.
Do you have specific reason you dislike how it plays? I acknowledge I'm super biased myself, but it's still mechanically sound no matter how you slice it.

I echo Banana, Melee is one of the best games I've played.

Do you have specific reason you dislike how it plays? I acknowledge I'm super biased myself, but it's still mechanically sound no matter how you slice it.
It doesn't keep me interested at first by a combo system. In doing so, it makes the whole game really awkward to play since there is no reason to block extensively due to how much better dodging is. Now that I think about it, blocking to me seems to not have a purpose. Dodging seems way better. I also like the layout of the clock and health bars on fighting games way better than smash. They haven't improved the terrible hud at all.

Xiraiya

It doesn't keep me interested at first by a combo system. In doing so, it makes the whole game really awkward to play since there is no reason to block extensively due to how much better dodging is. Now that I think about it, blocking to me seems to not have a purpose. Dodging seems way better. I also like the layout of the clock and health bars on fighting games way better than smash. They haven't improved the terrible hud at all.

Smash is fine.

It's a shame you feel burnt out on the series. They're pretty infrequent releases, and the differences in roster and gameplay mean a lot to me.
Out of curiosity, do you into other fightgames?

I breath them.

It's the genre I play the most. Third Strike is probably the best game I've ever played. A close second would be Garou and KoF 2002.

I've won some local small scale Tekken tournaments through out the years.

JoJo94

This is not aimed towards you, but this is kind of my problem when people talk about changing smash...it feels like they just want it to be a traditional fighting game with nintendo characters sometimes. Again not aimed at you...you just gave me a chance to voice my opinion cause internet.

Edit: also controversial opinion...I don't like Melee as much as Brawl (haven't played the new one yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom