• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already suggested Landstalker
And your suggestion has been noted.
Bravely Default, you silly bitch
Or Pokemon, if you're up for that
Doesn't Bravely Default fall to shit in it's second half? I might check it out.

Pokemon doesn't get fun til you beat the game. And there's no Battle Frontier.
Gameplay huh? SMT: Nocturne or Chrono Trigger.
Is Nocturne on PSN? Will check it out.

If I can find a DS copy of Chrono Trigger, I'll play that. Never finished my first attempt at it.

Squishy3

alfebit, set your bitrate to 80% of your upload speed if it isn't. you aren't live so idk what it actually looks like but you might need to drop the res too

Alfebit

Banned
alfebit, set your bitrate to 80% of your upload speed if it isn't. you aren't live so idk what it actually looks like but you might need to drop the res too

I don't know how to do the thing. I'm streaming off a ps4 so should I just lower the quality?

Which persona did you play? It's kind of hard to recommend it if you aren't interested in stories
Golden.

Stopped playing after
Chie Shadow.
Was not a fan of the gameplay at all.

Another I would recommend is Shadow Tower Abyss, though playing it legally would be difficult given it's a japan only game.
I heard about this game, and thought it sounded cool. It's a Playstation 2 game, right?That's going to be a little bit of a problem to play.

Ehhh, kind of. The problem people whine about happens like 20 or 30 hours in, about, maybe, it's been a long time, and by then it's already been an awesome FF game for 20 or 30 hours

Yeah, I probably should get it, a game that gives 20 or 30 hours, probably even 35-40 hours since I'm so shitty, of awesome gameplay sounds good to me. After that doesn't have to be as great. Especially for a handheld.

Waifu War, huh yeah
What is it good for?

It's good for watching the true weebs duke it out at cons in hilarious/cringeworthy ways.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
One more quick P4G question since the guide I was kinda but not really following is now just completely incorrect. Are there any S. Links I should be prioritizing? I'm in late May and all my S. Links are at 2 or 3, save for Adachi at 1. I need to get Marie's done before a certain date, right? Should I prioritize her?

Also less important, I want to get to
waifu
status with
Chie
before the end of the game. So should I maybe prioritize her too?

I heard about this game, and thought it sounded cool. It's a Playstation 2 game, right?That's going to be a little bit of a problem to play.
Yeah, PS2. There is an english patch for it, and I've tested it on PCSX2 and it's the only emulated PS2 game (well, that and King's Field IV) that ran perfectly aside from some texture flickering. But it'll still require effort to get going, either acquiring the means to play a japanese game on a PS2, or going the emulation route which is it's own can of worms.

Worth it in the end. A damn shame From stopped doing first person RPGs after that one, because it sure was the best of them all.

Yeah, I probably should get it, a game that gives 20 or 30 hours, probably even 35-40 hours since I'm so shitty, of awesome gameplay sounds good to me. After that doesn't have to be as great.

Plus, at least half the main characters are great
There's an amnesiac who's an inveterate womanizer, but he's also the smart one of the group
And then a lady who's a pure idealist with a heavy chip on her shoulder and a lot at stake in the larger conflict

Guys should I make a pair of twin brothers be wrestling/sumo duo?

They better have wombo combos

Yes
But don't ask Oberon

Nicholas-Cage-Cant-Hold-Back-The-Laughter-Reaction-Gif.gif

They better have wombo combos

Nicholas-Cage-Cant-Hold-Back-The-Laughter-Reaction-Gif.gif
Theyre a duo, of course. One slams the into the ground with a suplex and the other does an E. Honda butt slam onto their chest.
Though their whole story involves a feud between who should take over their fathers sumo dojo. One wants to keep things the same, the other wants to add pro wrestling to the dojo.

sjay1994

Yeeeesssss. Cutting the stream early because I can't figure out how to beat this boss and watching me fail over and over can't be entertaining.

Shoot it in its eye.

Its a "stealth boss"

Sneak around.... shoot its eye when it looks for you.

Then when you start phase 2 just use a freeze bolt when it opens its mouth and unload on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom