• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like buying aniplex's over priced blurays, it's like 60 dollars for 4 episodes lol.

i don't like shopping at my local anime store unless it's the only way to watch em
I'd wait for the boxed set tbh. Even if is from Aniplex. Their seperate releases of the Fate/Zero dub is worth it to me for some reason. I wish I had the money.

sjay1994

I tried so hard to stop them

Did you really think you can stop the promised time of the ultimate life form?

Fool

west1.jpg

So I guess my next LP is fucking Shadow the Hedgehog. I don't get any of these jokes and it makes me sad.
Just watch the opening FMV and you understand it.
i don't like shopping at my local anime store unless it's the only way to watch em

That's really cool of you. I've settled for crunchyroll, but I want to buy physical copies of Berserk really bad. The lack of stores around here is lame.
my body is barely holding together after that move.

You don't look so good man.
image.php

That's really cool of you. I've settled for crunchyroll, but I want to buy physical copies of Berserk really bad. The lack of stores around here is lame.

I've gotten so lazy that I can't even be bothered to Pirate anymore. CR doesn't even have everything but it has enough to relieve most of the burden of downloading.

ultimax

But who else is gonna replay shadow with me :(

I wanna talk about the deep shadow lore with someone else.
-_______-
get hype
I'd wait for the boxed set tbh. Even if is from Aniplex. Their seperate releases of the Fate/Zero dub is worth it to me for some reason. I wish I had the money.
I'm not too impressed with the KLK dub but if the complete set it reasonably priced ill buy it and rewatch it because I like owning things.
As for the fate/zero dubs I'm actually borrowing the boxset from that guy^ and it looks amazing. I've only watched the first episode tho
I'd love to own the berserk set, but I doubt that I'll ever find those. The closest I'll get is the golden age movies

Yay, Dust.

I still can't bring myself to download it. The artstyle is fucking horrible.

I meant more the shit in quote tags in the original post lol. Despite that it actually feels pretty good. They give you a few options right away and the voice acting isn't too terrible. Though I can see the companion annoying people
I read your lore. I wouldn't ever ignore you.
dats sweet<3
opinion time!
The pretty boy is just that, a pretty boy asshole ala sanji.
the other two are a brotherly duo. One is a pro wrestler, the other is a sumo wrestler.
I like the brother dudes, they seem like they could be interesting.

I fookin wish mate. That actually sounds kickass.
Go take a vacation to one. It's really worth the cost.
I'm not too impressed with the KLK dub but if the complete set it reasonably priced ill buy it and rewatch it because I like owning things.
As for the fate/zero dubs I'm actually borrowing the boxset from that guy^ and it looks amazing. I've only watched the first episode tho
Even the Madoka volumes of the anime wern't like KLKs... Thats an expensive set still... Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
I'm just going to quote myself because fuck your rules pay attention to me and my dumb shit
I need to finish it. Its really good, but I'm not into Metroidvanias right now.

-_______-
get hype

I'd love to own the berserk set, but I doubt that I'll ever find those. The closest I'll get is the golden age movies
A while ago I won an auction for 30 volumes of Berserk, the first 2 blu rays, the DVD set called the Box of War I think, a couple issues of Young Animals with Berserk covers, a few berserk gachapon type things and the Casca Figma for $200. The guy also threw in a couple volumes of Claymore as a bonus because I payed quickly. I was really fucking hype when I got it.

opinion time!
The pretty boy is just that, a pretty boy asshole ala sanji.
the other two are a brotherly duo. One is a pro wrestler, the other is a sumo wrestler.

First off, Sanji isn't a pretty boy or an asshole! You take that back!

Two, the pro wrestler guy doesn't look enough like a piece of shit pro wrestler. He needs to be the biggest asshole in the world, who plays his entrance music with fireworks everywhere he goes.

A while ago I won an auction for 30 volumes of Berserk, the first 2 blu rays, the DVD set called the Box of War I think, a couple issues of Young Animals with Berserk covers, a few berserk gachapon type things and the Casca Figma for $200. The guy also threw in a couple volumes of Claymore as a bonus because I payed quickly. I was really fucking hype when I got it.

Just reading that gave me involuntary reactions. That's fucking awesome.

I meant more the shit in quote tags in the original post lol. Despite that it actually feels pretty good. They give you a few options right away and the voice acting isn't too terrible. Though I can see the companion annoying people

dats sweet<3

I like the brother dudes, they seem like they could be interesting.
If youd like to know their backstory I could tell you

Two, the pro wrestler guy doesn't look enough like a piece of shit pro wrestler. He needs to be the biggest asshole in the world, who plays his entrance music with fireworks everywhere he goes.
Ok I think suave and lady crazy would be a better term.
Also the pro wrestler type isnt wwe type. More like Haggar type.

I need to finish it. Its really good, but I'm not into Metroidvanias right now.
How long have you put into it

He needs to wear shirts with his own face on it
Mako is weird, mannnnnnnnnn.
You luv it
It's the combination of furry and bad deviantart like work that pisses me off.
At least the backgrounds are nice

Poured myself a tall glass of strawberry milk to go with starting Ace Attorney 3 because I am a strong independent gaffer who don't need no junior.

360pages

Does anyone want to read what I wrote...depending on if you want something fast an action paced or something slower but with more character development...this is if you really want to read it.

The only reason I'm asking is because I feel oddly dead inside tonight.

If youd like to know their backstory I could tell you.
Sure, go ahead
Poured myself a tall glass of strawberry milk to go with starting Ace Attorney 3 because I am a strong independent gaffer who don't need no junior.
I just realized what your avatar is holy hell I'm blind. Also please enjoy the delicious fragrance of dark coffee
Steam says 5 hours, but I've been playing it on my bus when I was in HS, so I'd say 12
On the bus?

I watched this not two weeks ago and the first "season" is kind of boring

Its a slow grind, especially if you're not experienced with the Fate universe. The second season is definitely where it hits the gas pedal and never looks back. I know a lot of people that liked it more after S2.

But I will say this, Fate/Zero is definitely not for everyone. It takes the concept of a battle royal and fills it with so much plot and exposition (imo which is good, but is definitely slow and can be considered boring). But if you're in it for the actual "battle" part of the battle royal, then S2 is for you. I just like how its so not anime. No fan service, no high school, none of that lame bullshit. Just give me something mature and interesting and really well animated and let me enjoy that.

Also the pro wrestler type isnt wwe type. More like Haggar type.

Alright, here's how you fix it. You make him the WWE type, watch the Edge and John Cena feud, then just make him Edge in as many ways as you can.

Other than that, he looks fine, I guess, neither of the brothers look like my type of character, though, so take that for what it is.

On the bus?
Yeah. Steam doesn't track hours in offline mode.
Its a slow grind, especially if you're not experienced with the Fate universe. The second season is definitely where it hits the gas pedal and never looks back. I know a lot of people that liked it more after S2.

But I will say this, Fate/Zero is definitely not for everyone. It takes the concept of a battle royal and fills it with so much plot and exposition (imo which is good, but is definitely slow and can be considered boring). But if you're in it for the actual "battle" part of the battle royal, then S2 is for you. I just like how its so not anime. No fan service, no high school, none of that lame bullshit. Just give me something mature and interesting and really well animated and let me enjoy that.
I'd say S1 is better because of
Caster
, but I guess S2 is where all the action is.

ultimax

YEAHHH YOU LOVE IT THOUGH
Best dub
That's sick man. I'm so jealous, I love berserk so much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom