• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Casshern? 'Cause yeah, that's where Pat got the idea. The actual idea for us to be called "Frienders" came from the Tatsunoko vs Capcom FNF video.
Really? Hmm.
Well I heard Pat say it in the Jetstream Extravaganza vid. And judging by its upload date, its the earliest mention of the term friender

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh also, Mrgoodwill, I should also mention that right now I'm placing the highest priority on finishing P4G, because it's something I feel like I should have done a long time ago (well, finishing vanilla P4, at least, after I abandoned it 40 hours in). So that's gonna take precedence over DSII until I finish.

You know, just in case a few weeks go by without me saying anything about DSII. :lol I *will* get to it, just after Persona.

And of course I'm saying all of this knowing full well that the first thing I'm gonna do when I get Dark II is throw it in my PS3 and start playing. Because I am physically incapable of getting a new game and just throwing it on the stack without playing it. :lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Pat didn't come up with the term though. It's the name of Casshern's robot dog, whom Bladewolf shares a resemblance with.
Now everything makes sense.

Good night
frienders.
Edit: Fuck, now I got caught into reading OT1. Its weird seeing PG with the banned thing under his name.

Oh also, Mrgoodwill, I should also mention that right now I'm placing the highest priority on finishing P4G, because it's something I feel like I should have done a long time ago (well, finishing vanilla P4, at least, after I abandoned it 40 hours in). So that's gonna take precedence over DSII until I finish.

You know, just in case a few weeks go by without me saying anything about DSII. :lol I *will* get to it, just after Persona.

And of course I'm saying all of this knowing full well that the first thing I'm gonna do when I get Dark II is throw it in my PS3 and start playing. Because I am physically incapable of getting a new game and just throwing it on the stack without playing it. :lol
Yo man, don't worry about it. I get the mindset of wanting to express that you're appreciating your gift, but I understand backlogs. Mine is huge. I get that new game itch same as you.

It wouldn't be much of a gift if I seriously made you use it :p I was joking about the dossier, though I am interested in your thoughts when you do play it. It's a gift, have fun!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yo man, don't worry about it. I get the mindset of appreciating your gift, but I understand backlogs. Mine is huge. I get that new game itch same as you.

It wouldn't be much of a gift if I seriously made you use it :p

Haha, true true. Alright. I just worry about dumb things like that. :lol

Speaking of back logs we should share ours. Anyway I only fell my backlog with games I want to finish so right now its dark souls, splinter cell chaos theory, witcher 2 and deus ex. But instead of playing those games I'm replaying new vegas instead and for some fucking reason playing far cry 2.

sjay1994

Now everything makes sense.

Good night
frienders.
Edit: Fuck, now I got caught into reading OT1. Its weird seeing PG with the banned thing under his name.

He will be back.

More powerful than you could possibly imagine

Speaking of back logs we should share ours. Anyway I only fell my backlog with games I want to finish so right now its dark souls, splinter cell chaos theory, witcher 2 and deus ex. But instead of playing those games I'm replaying new vegas instead and for some fucking reason playing far cry 2.

I have no backlog. If I drop a game, its fucking dropped.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I should be going to bed but I found this dumb gif in OT1 that aaron posted.

iHFuKx2ySOgWK.jpg

"Look, up in the stands, IT'S PAT!"

I laughed way too hard at this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Oh god backlogs.

Freedom Wars (Unlikely I'll finish it. I don't find it to be all that good.)
Toukiden
Senran Kagura SV
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Killer is Dead
Yakuza 3
Bayo 1 Hard playthrough
Platinuming Resonance of Fate (I still swear I'm going to do this one day)
Shinobi 3DS
DKC Returns 3D
SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

And I'm just going to stop here otherwise I'll start to feel really stupid for buying so many games I'll never finish (although a lot of these were either bought very cheaply or were gifts).

I used to have a backlog, then I realized I don't give a fuck and I just play games that I want to play if I haven't played them and having them there is a nice option.

Anime backlog hasn't shrunk yet, though, that motherfucker just keeps growing.

Oh god backlogs.

Freedom Wars (Unlikely I'll finish it. I don't find it to be all that good.)
Toukiden
Senran Kagura SV
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Killer is Dead
Yakuza 3
Bayo 1 Hard playthrough
Platinuming Resonance of Fate (I still swear I'm going to do this one day)
Shinobi 3DS
DKC Returns 3D
SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

And I'm just going to stop here otherwise I'll start to feel really stupid for buying so many games I'll never finish (although a lot of these were either bought very cheaply or were gifts).

Damn son, you need to pick a game in there and stick to it

If all my Steam games count then I think I would rekt anyone else's. I'm not stressed out by it though. I have a huge library of games, and I just play what I enjoy playing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I used to have a backlog, then I realized I don't give a fuck and I just play games that I want to play if I haven't played them and having them there is a nice option.

Anime backlog hasn't shrunk yet, though, that motherfucker just keeps growing.
Anime backlogs are the worse. I still need to see the rest of berserk. The first episode was a really good episode.

sjay1994

Ok.... asides from Shadow, I never push anything.

But holy shit... this vid is probably one of the best things I have ever seen on the internet.

If all my Steam games count then I think I would rekt anyone else's. I'm not stressed out by it though. I have a huge library of games, and I just play what I enjoy playing.

I don't count most of them because I usually don't want to finish or even play a good 75% of my steam library. I blame dota

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Damn son, you need to pick a game in there and stick to it

Yeah I know, it's really bad. Some of those aren't technically backlog, I guess. I mean I'm still actively playing Senran Kagura and Toukiden. Bayo and Resonance don't count because I've already beaten them. But yeah, some of them, like Killer is Dead, I really need to get back to.

Also I've decided recently to be way, way more selective on the games I get. I've fallen for GAF-hype or 2BF-hype or friend-hype too many times only to be disappointed. So going forward I'm only going to get stuff from genres/series I know for sure that I like.

Anime backlogs are the worse. I still need to see the rest of berserk. The first episode was a really good episode.

The biggest problem is that anime has a definite number of hours. A game, you can play ten minutes or ten hours and that could be a huge or small number in that game. 22 minutes in anime is most of the time going to be only 1 episode. It's that definite number that makes it so intimidating to me, especially since I prefer to marathon anime in a single day/sitting.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
In fact now that I think about it, the only games on that backlog list of mine that were over $10 were Freedom Wars and Soul Hackers. Everything else was either under $10 or a gift.

Yeah, I'm a cheapskate gamer. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Who isn't?

This kinda makes me think about Liam's derision of people who live by the "Never pay more than $20 for a video game" motto. It's like, yeah, I can understand wanting to support developers as much as possible and wanting to not devalue video games and such, but damn man, some of us are super poor, y'know? A $30 purchase is like, a major fucking purchase for me. Don't look down on me 'cause I'm cheap, man. I can't help it. I have to be.

I don't have an anime back log.... I am looking for stuff to watch.

I can continue Ippo once I finish my finals
Supernatural Battles Within Everyday Life (aka Inou Battle for short)
Slice of life with powers. Promising so far. simple but fun.

Tonari No Seki-kun is also the best show ever, fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom