• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only gripe with 3 is the status dungeons. It's a big stumbling block to getting through the game. 8 is a solid entry in the franchise and 1&2 needs to be the GBA remake because fuck spell per day.
They must of taken it right out of a DnD handbook. I gotta try it per day. Doesn't it mess with the balance if it wasn't per day?
Oh man I got a body pillow from a friend of mine for my birthday. And then some of the old members from my anime club during high school are planning a trip to Japan next year! I'm so ready to indulge myself.
Make sure you check the material!

Take your time. Its a show you watch at your own pace. I could only stomach about 2 episodes per sitting though it got a little easier to watch more episodes at a time on season 2 when everything was actually happening and shit was going down.

I've been watching entire animes weekly with a friend. We got through the first season in an evening as well as Selector Infected WIXOSS (which should be on a tragedy lovers shortlist), Shiki and Another.

They must of taken it right out of a DnD handbook. I gotta try it per day. Doesn't it mess with the balance if it wasn't per day?

MP management is much better.

Take your time. Its a show you watch at your own pace. I could only stomach about 2 episodes per sitting though it got a little easier to watch more episodes at a time on season 2 when everything was actually happening and shit was going down.
I tried starting Episode 1 like five times now. My ADD might be hurting me.

Alfebit

Banned
I love being an adult, I have to give as few fucks about looking cool as I want. Earlier today my friend was like "Do you really want a body pillow for Christmas" and I was like "Yes. Yes I do." and I feel none of the shame that I should or would have even a couple years ago. I love this shit.

I wouldn't go in your room with a black light.

My only gripe with 3 is the status dungeons. It's a big stumbling block to getting through the game. 8 is a solid entry in the franchise and 1&2 needs to be the GBA remake because fuck spell per day.

3 has a pretty decent story, and the job system is great. 8 is fine I guess, but I just never gave a shit while I played it and my brain has since filed those memories in the "forget" box. And I can't finish 1 or 2 anymore. They're just hard to play.

Episode 1 is double the length of the rest of the episodes.
Furthest I've made it in is like 15 minutes.
It gets significantly better after the 1st. All of it is just exposition. I showed the series to a guy and he was completely hooked after the 2nd episode.
That's good. I'll get through it eventually. I find myself wishing it was a manga so I could just read it and go fast.

Maybe I should just play the VN.

Furthest I've made it in is like 15 minutes.
That's good. I'll get through it eventually. I find myself wishing it was a manga so I could just read it and go fast.

Maybe I should just play the VN.

There isn't a VN. It was orignally a novel. I read some of it and IMO its way better than the anime from what I've read.

ultimax

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
EntireScientificKingbird.gif

Once again, we agree almost entirely. FFIV:
Yo, how about that Mt. Ordeals battle against yourself? Fuck Cagnazzo and that bullshit Typhoon. And Rubicante remains a classy motherfucker.
One more thing.
KAIN HIGHWIND IS THE BEST THERE EVER WAS

GODDAMMIT FINAL FANTASY USED TO BE SO FUCKING COOL HOLY SHIT! What happened, bro? What happened?

Oh man I got a body pillow from a friend of mine for my birthday. And then some of the old members from my anime club during high school are planning a trip to Japan next year! I'm so ready to indulge myself.

Who of?
God, I want to go to Japan. One of these days, I'll suddenly be rich, I'm sure of it.

I used to eat dumb fun action shows, but after I suffered a year of bullying because I wasn't a hood nigga, or get harassed by the wonderful West Virginian racism, I fell into a deep cycle of depression, where anything that resembled happiness I rejected. I needed bleakness, because that's the only thing that comforted me. Let me know that I wasn't alone.

As I grew up, my depression faded, but my cynicism still remains. That's not fading anytime soon. At least I know that I can give the shows a chance.

Well, if that itch ever comes back, at least you're sitting on 100 great recommendations. Personally, I latch onto shows where protagonists do impossible shit like it's easy partially because with the being handicapped and all, there's so much stuff that I can't do in my normal life. That attitude of persistence no matter what is how I get through life unruined. It's why I love Gurren Lagann so goddamn much it hurts.

GODDAMMIT FINAL FANTASY USED TO BE SO FUCKING COOL HOLY SHIT! What happened, bro? What happened?

FF7, bro. For better or for worse. It basically did to FF what COD4 did to shooters. Also, FUCKING GOLBEZ AND HIS FUCKING DARTH VADER SHTICK AND RYDIA JUST BEASTING ALL OVER SOMETIMES LITERALLY GODDAMN

I tried starting Episode 1 like five times now. My ADD might be hurting me.

You can do it. I believe in you!

I've been watching entire animes weekly with a friend. We got through the first season in an evening as well as Selector Infected WIXOSS (which should be on a tragedy lovers shortlist), Shiki and Another.

The last time I ever watch a marathon of something was Ippo: New Challenger. I don't think I could ever marathon a non-shonen anime.

Why is Jotaro so cool omg like I can't even ahhhh

ultimax

The last time I ever watch a marathon of something was Ippo: New Challenger. I don't think I could ever marathon a non-shonen anime.

Why is Jotaro so cool omg like I can't even ahhhh
I remember when I watched all of berserk within 24 hours. That was a quite a trip.
tumblr_mmlolsSjF31qcm0i5o2_r1_500.gif

And ASB was worth every penny just for this

I used to eat dumb fun action shows, but after I suffered a year of bullying because I wasn't a hood nigga, or get harassed by the wonderful West Virginian racism, I fell into a deep cycle of depression, where anything that resembled happiness I rejected. I needed bleakness, because that's the only thing that comforted me. Let me know that I wasn't alone.

As I grew up, my depression faded, but my cynicism still remains. That's not fading anytime soon. At least I know that I can give the shows a chance.

I feel that, I found out that I was much the same when I finally realized I was going through depression (instead of thinking it was a phase or just who I turned into). I suddenly only wanted to watch the dark and bleak dramas, couldn't stay interested in comedies or light hearted shows unless I already had a nostalgic connection(old shonens).

Now that I beat the depression, I still can't watch comedies because I just lose interest, I just get bored. I need serious story-driven media, with hardcore drama and grounded worlds. No plot hax or unbelievable power ups, just characters using their wits and strengths to survive and get on with their dire storylines.

Which is why I can't get interested in things like Gurren or KLK, gimme dat Monster
( I still need to watch Monster, though I've read a good bit of the manga.)

I get all of my comedy kicks out of watching TBF or RedLetterMedia though.

I remember when I watched all of berserk within 24 hours. That was a quite a trip.
tumblr_mmlolsSjF31qcm0i5o2_r1_500.gif

And ASB was worth every penny just for this

OH GOD. I can't wait until it comes back in a month so we can talk about how fucking hype each episode was every week at work and creep all our customers out like the good old days (3 months ago).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh ok. So, do I need your address to ship it to you? Yuck. If shipping is under $5 I'll grab it for you. I guess PM me your address?

I prefer gifting digitally. This is kinda weird.

Do you have Paypal? 'Cause I guess you could like, send me the $10 + $3.50 shipping (I went ahead and checked) and I could send you a screenshot of the order if you need proof I suppose? Would that work? Would probably be easier than dealing with gift addresses and such.

And also thank you, Friender! This is super cool. :D

You know what I hate about Bioware games? Every time I play one I spend about an hour in character creator, then my character looks like shit in game. Every time. So I spent forever making my lesbian girl and she looked like she had a touch of the downs. I don't mean that in the standard dumb joke way, she literally looked like she had downs-syndrome.

Finally, I worked until I got my lesbian elf Miley Cryus ready to fuck up the world, only now I'm passing out from being tired. Fuck it, I'm staying up to play this shit.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So there was a creepy anime bullshit episode that came out in october, that I somehow missed, I found this out cause I wanted to listen to the playlist while I took a nap today, wtf.

Do you have Paypal? 'Cause I guess you could like, send me the $10 + $3.50 shipping (I went ahead and checked) and I could send you a screenshot of the order if you need proof I suppose? Would that work? Would probably be easier than dealing with gift addresses and such.

Since were talking about gifts are we gonna have a secret santa?

I don't have a paypal, but I'll set one up really quick. Just a sec.

Don't worry about proof or anything, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom