• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

mike0dude

here's what I got in my PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor
Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Memory 16 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

How did the computer building go? I also had to take my pc apart.. was not fun, at least it only took 3 hours or so.

Including bundles/all dlc?

Jumping on the bandwagon of steam stuff.
Ehhh it always stresses me out thinking I'm going to Fuck up so bad. Just said fuck it for now. I need to go buy an adapter tomorrow for the video card to work properly, the one that came with it is incredibly short and useless alone.

Zenfalcia

Memory 16 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

So now we're going to post specs? That's coo.

Intel Pentium 20th Anniversary edition (OC)
MSi R9 270
4 GB
OS Windows 7

Zenfalcia

Ehhh it always stresses me out thinking I'm going to Fuck up so bad. Just said fuck it for now. I need to go buy an adapter tomorrow for the video card to work properly, the one that came with it is incredibly short and useless alone.

It's fine! What's the worst that could happen? You fry the board or electrocute yourself?

What adapter are you talking about? Is it the cord for the power/psu?

Memory 16 GB
Intel core i3-2350M
8GB ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium/Ubuntu 14.04 Gnome Dual boot

I'll build my dream PC later

Including bundles/all dlc?[/URL]
No just the base games. I'm not sure if any of them even have any actually.
Yo you actually played all your games, ignoring free ones and Sanic Racing. That's cool.
Yeah I'm a crazy person and rarely drop games. Also haven't bought many cause no money over the years. And yeah Seraphis let me have an extra copy he had but since I was finishing school stuff, catching up on videos, and getting some progress done in P2:IS today I haven't gotten a chance to play.
To be fair though you couldn't install steam

mike0dude

What ssd did you get?
A kingston 240 gb

Sklaf's PC
ghetto-computer-web.jpg

Hmm.. and the price is full initial price i assume?
Yep, everything full price is that. But I can wait for sales so it'll most likely end up being around half or maybe less.
Ah man I miss that show.
Me too. That episode where Timmy and his friends are in the game and he sacrifices himself to save them gave me legit feels as a kid
No but that's a good visual representation.
Boy do I have experience in that. You have my condolences
I think you're just jealous because of how legit my steam list is.
You caught me

The one I'm building is
i7 4970k
Gtx 970 4gb
16GB Ram
250 SSD
1TB HD

The boot time is mindlblowing.
This is literally the build I'm going to be going for probably on Boxing Day. What make of 970 did you get? I heard the ASUS ones run cooler and quieter with a slight performance boost for a bit extra

This is literally the build I'm going to be going for probably on Boxing Day. What make of 970 did you get? I heard the ASUS ones run cooler and quieter with a slight performance boost for a bit extra
MSI gaming edition. I believe I had recommended the Asus one but at the time it was ordered, they were sold out.

Shackzam

Alright, that's enough punishment for one night. GGs Guardian.

Skullgirls really makes me miss the Burst system from Persona.

Don't get hit scrub jk. But seriously learning to not get hit is a very important skill in any fighting game, which is sort of why I don't like arc systems burst system because it's almost like a do over button because you made a mistake and got hit. In skullgirl it's mostly making your approach in the safest way possible, which is why assist are very useful for this. But single characters are able to do the same, but it's a little bit harder.

Sklaf's PC

That's actually better than my PC. Here's a picture of my PC

You caught me

Its fine to be jelly. You wish your steam backlog was 100% unplayed like mine is.

Don't get hit scrub jk. But seriously learning to not get hit is a very important skill in any fighting game, which is sort of why I don't like arc systems burst system because it's almost like a do over button because you made a mistake and got hit. In skullgirl it's mostly making your approach in the safest way possible, which is why assist are very useful for this. But single characters are able to do the same, but it's a little bit harder.

I think the fact that the burst regenerates so that you can get more than one in a fight is BS. Should have been one per match at the most.

Zenfalcia

Everything but the mobo is outdated sadly. Saving up $1000 to buy all new parts isn't gonna be fun or feasible with all the game coming out next year. Maybe I'll get it up to date in 2016.

You could slowly upgrade parts of it and buy pice by piece and finding sales. End of christmas sales will have some price drops if you plan on getting anything soon.

You could slowly upgrade parts of it and buy pice by piece and finding sales. End of christmas sales will have some price drops if you plan on getting anything soon.
I'm keeping an eye out, especially on SSDs, but the more I think about rebuying everything, I'm almost considering saving up and eating the cost of a whole new build. Not to mention, building a new PC is kinda super fun.
Woolie hates my sleeping schedule confirmed.
It's out on iTunes as of this second. Just checked.
Edit: You and your stealth edits.

Top Bottom