• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Special Edition or the original?
SE. I want to play as Virgil
The Style Switching mod only works with the PC and PCX versions. I think it might be more consistent with the emulated version of the game than the PC version, but I'm not sure. Honestly, the game doesn't need it and if you're playing it for the first time you're not going to taking full advantage of it. It's perfectly find to just play it without mods.

That said, you can do stuff like this with the style switching mod:
Alright

Man, more I think about it, between the "holy trinity of action games" as it were, I always preferred Ninja Gaiden's game play over DMC 3's. And I continue to be sad there's not as much clamoring for a return to form for that franchise as there is with DMC.

Fuck, I should just play that game again.

Man, more I think about it, between the "holy trinity of action games" as it were, I always preferred Ninja Gaiden's game play over DMC 3's. And I continue to be sad there's not as much clamoring for a return to form for that franchise as there is with DMC.

Probably because Itagaki isn't at Team Ninja anymore so they would probably just fuck it up. If Itsuno and his team wasn't still working at Capcom, no one would really want Capcom to make it.

You need to beat the game first to be able to play as Vergil.
Dante's still pretty cool. Can't wait to finally play it.

Is there a Ninja Gaiden game as good as Ninja Gaiden Black on the PS3? I heard they changed a lot of stuff in the later ones and black isn't on the PS3

Probably because Itagaki isn't at Team Ninja anymore so they would probably just fuck it up. If Itsuno and his team wasn't still working at Capcom, no one would really want Capcom to make it.
Itagaki isn't there to keep making DOA games either, and 5 turned out way better than all the other previous games in that series. A new, proper Ninja Gaiden could still work if the people there just used their brains.

Is there a Ninja Gaiden game as good as Ninja Gaiden Black on the PS3? I heard they changed a lot of stuff in the later ones and black isn't on the PS3
Sigma is basically Black with missions where you're forced to play as Rachel, plus an new weapon and some slightly remixed encounters. It's still a fantastic version of that game.

It's Sigma 2 however that had some serious changes from vanilla NG2, both good and bad. And 3/Razor's Edge I don't even want to give the time of day.

Itagaki isn't there to keep making DOA games either, and 5 turned out way better than all the other previous games in that series. A new, proper Ninja Gaiden could still work if the people there just used their brains.

Yeah, I guess it could work. I guess its mostly because DMC just has a bigger following than Ninja Gaiden.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Story time, yet again.

This past Saturday, I went over to a friends house to hang out. We were playing Smash and Mario Kart when suddenly, his brother and his brother's friends appeared and decided to hop in.

Oh, and they were drunk out of their minds.

At one point, this girl that was up there is getting all cuddlemuffins with my friend, so I decide to follow the bro code and give them some privacy. I then went down into the basement to find his brother, making a screwdriver at 3 in the morning. He's a pretty cool guy, so as we step over bodies passed out on the floor, we just start talking for hours and hours about things ranging from GamerGate, to Tolkien, to Game of Thrones, to Futurama, to Dark Souls. Eventually he starts like telling me pretty personal stuff about himself, and I think, "This is gonna be so weird whenever I come back here, now I know all this stuff about him." We were gonna play Alien Isolation, Dark Souls, and Outlast, but I had to leave. I last saw him setting up his PC on the bar in his basement. I leave his house at 7AM, having never gone to bed. I pass out as soon as I get home, and don't wake up til like 3 or 4 or so. I had slept through a play-by-play of my friend recounting his journey down to the basement and what he had seen, it went a little like this:

"You were loud as fuck last night, jesus"
"I guess you left, you forgot your christmas presents here. Pick them up later"
"I went downstairs and found Luke (his brother) passed out on the floor with a computer mouse in one hand, and a bottle of tequila in the other. livin' the dream"
"He says he doesn't remember anything from last night other than you guys talking til like 7 - jesus"
"I'm betting you're passed out, I'm deleting your Shovel Knight save lol"

So yeah, he doesn't remember telling me all that personal stuff, so now I have returned to the status quo.

My life is an anime.

Also, at 4AM I cried laughing at this South Park clip. For whatever reason, it was the funniest thing in the world to me.
Rob Schneider is a stapler

Sigma is basically Black with missions where you're forced to play as Rachel, plus an new weapon and some slightly remixed encounters. It's still a fantastic version of that game.

It's Sigma 2 however that had some serious changes from vanilla NG2, both good and bad. And 3/Razor's Edge I don't even want to give the time of day.
Alright I'll pick up Sigma then.
I need something new to play. I spent way too much time playing WoW in the past month.
There is always getting good at fighting games. Xrd is coming out tomorrow.

Rizzi

*cough*
Dark Souls was released from the shadow realm of GFWL today if you're into that kinda thing..
*cough*

yiG6RLC.png

I'm good on that. :p

I was shit at vidya compared to what I am now..I was like..idk..13 or 14..? Couldn't even do simple launchers into combos and shit in fighters back then..
Well, now's the time to go back and see how good you are now. I did that with Sigma earlier this year after I had not played any version of Ninja Gaiden for several years, and it was a world of difference.

I still remember me and two friends in grade school playing those early levels and trying to get past those bosses. We even ended up playing our own music on top of it to get us hyped and motivated, something I find myself doing on occasion.

We never got past Dynamo though...that was the extent of my early Ninja Gaiden experience, but it was damn awesome.

My life is an anime.
I don't know if that would fully qualify as being anime, depending on how lewd and bizarre the personal shit was.

Story time, yet again.

This past Saturday, I went over to a friends house to hang out. We were playing Smash and Mario Kart when suddenly, his brother and his brother's friends appeared and decided to hop in.

Oh, and they were drunk out of their minds.

At one point, this girl that was up there is getting all cuddlemuffins with my friend, so I decide to follow the bro code and give them some privacy. I then went down into the basement to find his brother, making a screwdriver at 3 in the morning. He's a pretty cool guy, so as we step over bodies passed out on the floor, we just start talking for hours and hours about things ranging from GamerGate, to Tolkien, to Game of Thrones, to Futurama, to Dark Souls. Eventually he starts like telling me pretty personal stuff about himself, and I think, "This is gonna be so weird whenever I come back here, now I know all this stuff about him." We were gonna play Alien Isolation, Dark Souls, and Outlast, but I had to leave. I last saw him setting up his PC on the bar in his basement. I leave his house at 7AM, having never gone to bed. I pass out as soon as I get home, and don't wake up til like 3 or 4 or so. I had slept through a play-by-play of my friend recounting his journey down to the basement and what he had seen, it went a little like this:

"You were loud as fuck last night, jesus"
"I guess you left, you forgot your christmas presents here. Pick them up later"
"I went downstairs and found Luke (his brother) passed out on the floor with a computer mouse in one hand, and a bottle of tequila in the other. livin' the dream"
"He says he doesn't remember anything from last night other than you guys talking til like 7 - jesus"
"I'm betting you're passed out, I'm deleting your Shovel Knight save lol"

So yeah, he doesn't remember telling me all that personal stuff, so now I have returned to the status quo.

My life is an anime.

Also, at 4AM I cried laughing at this South Park clip. For whatever reason, it was the funniest thing in the world to me.
Rob Schneider is a stapler

Ahh, don't sweat it kid. You'll get him next time.
I'm just fucking with you, but that did sound a tad intimate lol.

Shackzam

Sounds cool. I wonder how close this character to launch tho. Could I bother you to post a youtube vid on his moves?

He doesn't seem to play anything like Kanji. He reminds more of She-Hulk from MvC3, but good. I can't find any videos of just his moves, but I can show you some sick combos incorporating them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drDLQM02gP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2duv9iyWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gtEwvmuzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viq7jJff1os
There still adding more grab mode stuff and he just got his second super today. Also I think there maybe one chair move not shown.

yiG6RLC.png

I'm good on that. :p
Hm..well good for you sir. I would also recommend getting gud for Xrd tomorrow.

Well, now's the time to go back and see how good you are now. I did that with Sigma earlier this year after I had not played any version of Ninja Gaiden for several years, and it was a world of difference.

I gotta go pick up a copy since my copy vanished..either gave it to someone or one of my scumbag cousins stole it.

grimmiq

It should be fine as long as you turn off the ingame AA. Turn off the DSfix AA just incase

I almost thought that was a decapitated Miku head she was holding.

Cheers, that worked, trying to get rid of the screen tearing now..it's just forcing Vsync right? Shit, apparently can't fix the scanlines like that..

Fixed in windowed mode, but can't get higher than 1600x945..Forgot about the borderless windowed in DSFix..

I have my Pretty Souls back..minus the GWFL herpes.

In other news.. Has anyone checked if the podcast is out yet? or will it be a little later tonight?
I've been checking on the libsyn frequently
Cheers, that worked, trying to get rid of the screen tearing now..it's just forcing Vsync right?
On the .ini it doesn't force it as default. You could test it out, but it says its not ready yet.
it's a lot better when you have the source which has more context. :p
Its alright I don't need the source.

ultimax

Are you going to post that for every avatar? Some of these don't deserve the gif. I got some amazing ones i need to edit soon.

it's a lot better when you have the source which has more context. :p
Probably. As you can see I love abusing this gif, but I'll find a new gif to post to express my hype for avatars to come.
BITCH NIGGA PODCAST

WHERE YOU AT
I can be patient, but wanted to make the joke
I lol'd/10

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm giving away 15 keys for DMC4 in my thread if any of you guys are interested. Feel free to enter!:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952993.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 #10 -- MB-C0FBD8C7D1C8BD4E - Taken by Mengy. 147 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-6C59B9C8F869576D - Taken by skLaFarebear. 131 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #11 -- MB-48BE748672B216DF - Taken by chronomac. 128 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #14 -- MB-D089EEFDDFA994F9 - Taken by Revas. 121 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #4 -- MB-94E9C071AF581E1A - Taken by Alfebit. 124 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #5 -- MB-A068F534526D7153 - Taken by Atraveller. 122 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #6 -- MB-FA39100C9282C736 - Taken by efyu_lemonardo. 135 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #7 -- MB-8FAC151A856C7B9D - Taken by Maragidyne. 137 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #12 -- MB-A9821BD908087066 - Taken by -MD-. 131 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #13 -- MB-75F7AB0053E02808 - Taken by Jadax. 133 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #2 -- MB-D26D56055A5897BF - Taken by Accoun. 127 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #3 -- MB-3E1D1609DF9F412D - Taken by swx. 114 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #8 -- MB-918954623C34F94C - Taken by Elija2. 136 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #9 -- MB-6397BF9297AFADEE - Taken by Kyou. 115 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #15 -- MB-9A6D7DE0B836A394 - Taken by Kuroyume. 120 entrants total.

t1418796526z1.png

Zenfalcia

Probably. As you can see I love abusing this gif, but I'll find a new gif to post to express my hype for avatars to come.

I can see you do.
That's soo much better with context.

Yes. So much better.

I'm giving away 15 keys for DMC4 in my thread if any of you guys are interested. Feel free to enter!:

Didn't.. you just post the keys for all the games? Can't we just copy and paste the keys and use them? or are these codes the mod bot generated?

Top Bottom