• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

That really sucks. I feel like our current system is only rewarding schools that are already good instead of helping schools that need help the most, not to mention many parents don't value education. Hopefully it gets better in the future...

I don't know how I feel about it honestly.. There isn't any helping those who don't want to be helped and just don't care about getting an education. All I know is if the American Education system keeps on this track there will no longer be a middle ground, just people doing grunt work and others doing high end work.

Okingjrr

Oh god, someone thought I was insulting them in writing club.

They were talking about how they weren't being picked for the awards we hold every year. [I'm a new member so it's natural that I wasn't going to be picked]

I said, they haven't been picked for our weekly picks in awhile so there might be a chance not a lot of people read it. And not to worry about it since it doesn't have that much bearing on quality.

They took it as me saying that no one wants to read their story.
Settle it in Smash.

But seriously, people need to understand that not every non-optimistic comment is an insult, just a hypothetical observation.

Oberon

Banned
So I did it.
I bought Fallout new Vegas on PC,and I have never played Bethesda game before.

Settle it in Smash.

But seriously, people need to understand that not every non-optimistic comment is an insult, just a hypothetical observation.

Thank you!
But most people like too blame others and only have Yes-sayers around.

I don't know how I feel about it honestly.. There isn't any helping those who don't want to be helped and just don't care about getting an education. All I know is if the American Education system keeps on this track there will no longer be a middle ground, just people doing grunt work and others doing high end work.

At the very least there should be an opportunity in the school system for those that want to succeed, but are in unfortunate circumstances. I have a few good friends whose parents didn't give a damn about their education, but with teachers willing enough to help that they went on to great colleges and jobs.

If the middle ground disappears like you say, there'll be a huge economic crisis if all the grunt work gets automated in a short amount of time. That is, unless tech advancements stop progressing so quickly and companies restrain themselves from automating everything, but both seem unlikely. Hoooooopefully it doesn't get to that point.

Bah, thinking about America's policies at the moment regarding education and energy make me want to drink.

That really sucks. I feel like our current system is only rewarding schools that are already good instead of helping schools that need help the most, not to mention many parents don't value education. Hopefully it gets better in the future...

We(the US) could use more tradesman and people willing to perform blue collar jobs instead of people who want to do office work. Administrative work is disappearing because of how easy and simple it is to do office tasks plus they are not unionized jobs. They are not protected.

360pages

Settle it in Smash.

I was just trying to cheer them up since they were being down about not being picked. I'd personally rather hear my story isn't super popular rather than someone saying my writing is low in quality.

We(the US) could use more tradesman and people willing to perform blue collar jobs instead of people who want to do office work. Administrative work is disappearing because of how easy and simple it is to do office tasks plus they are not unionized jobs. They are not protected.

Yep. It's easy to punch numbers into a computer. It's hard to weld shit together.

I think other countries have more support for trade schools from high school onwards, whereas in America students are being told they have to go to college instead of a trade school otherwise they can't succeed. There are plenty of students that would probably be happier pursuing a trade than being pressured to go to college.

Yep. It's easy to punch numbers into a computer. It's hard to weld shit together.

I think other countries have more support for trade schools from high school onwards, whereas in America students are being told they have to go to college instead of a trade school otherwise they can't succeed. There are plenty of students that would probably be happier pursuing a trade than being pressured to go to college.

STEM people would do much better working in non-computer fields tbh.

Having strong math skills and knowledge of physics for example is a great benefit in the construction industry.

Okingjrr

I was just trying to cheer them up since they were being down about not being picked. I'd personally rather hear my story isn't super popular rather than someone saying my writing is low in quality.
Sometimes, you can't cheer people up, pride and what not.
But yea, there's a reason for that person not being picked and they should know why.

Oberon

Banned
Yeah baby! Mod it though. I recommend Project nevada

It's an Obsidian game, on an engine and code that's even more busted than Bethesda games before that unless you get all the necessary mods and patches.

Well, I thought it was Bethesda, because of all the crashes I hear of!
Mhm, I have never used a mod either. But it seems easy enough to do.

If you got it on steam, you should've waited for the winter sales.
Else, it's a fun game so you'll have good time... Less you get bugs.

It is probably going to crash a lot.

Oh Boy

Anung

Un Rama
Started re-reading Berserk :D Just started the Golden Age and Guts might be the biggest badass of any medium.

I've missed so many pages of this thread.

At the very least there should be an opportunity in the school system for those that want to succeed, but are in unfortunate circumstances. I have a few good friends whose parents didn't give a damn about their education, but with teachers willing enough to help that they went on to great colleges and jobs.

If the middle ground disappears like you say, there'll be a huge economic crisis if all the grunt work gets automated in a short amount of time. That is, unless tech advancements stop progressing so quickly and companies restrain themselves from automating everything, but both seem unlikely. Hoooooopefully it doesn't get to that point.

Bah, thinking about America's policies at the moment regarding education and energy make me want to drink.

That is a very good point. They are begging people to go intro trade work and it really doesn't require you to be overly intelligent just have a grasp on basic math skills and be handy with tools.

Now having signed up for classes...I can now completely shut off my brain until January..<3

Squishy3

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT NAMCO

YUVXfx8.png

E the Shaggy

Started re-reading Berserk :D Just started the Golden Age and Guts might be the biggest badass of any medium.

I've missed so many pages of this thread.

Introducing my friends to Berserk is one of the most difficult things.

"It has one of the best stories of all time, the art is gorgeous, just keep in mind the rape horse....multiple rape horses. Also babies on pikes."

That is a very good point. They are begging people to go intro trade work and it really doesn't require you to be overly intelligent just have a grasp on basic math skills and be handy with tools.

Now having signed up for classes...I can now completely shut off my brain until January..<3

Actually, you need to be more intelligent to remember everything that is legally required in order to work as a tradesman.

At least in NY I understand that to be true.

Shackzam

Introducing my friends to Berserk is one of the most difficult things.

"It has one of the best stories of all time, the art is gorgeous, just keep in mind the rape horse....multiple rape horses. Also babies on pikes."

That' almost exactly how I describe it and I get more people interested with rape horse.

Actually, you need to be more intelligent to remember everything that is legally required in order to work as a tradesman.

At least in NY I understand that to be true.

Eh I'm not very knowledgeable on the topic honestly. My dad's brother is the only Tradesman I know and that was in the late 70's where a HSD could get you a decent paying job.

Top Bottom