• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Time to break kayfabe.
I don't even really care about DmC. I played through it, it was fiiiine. All I know about DMC4 is that there's a dumb kid with a stupid arm and a dumb motorbike sword that I couldn't figure out. And Dante shows up for some reason. But I'm not playing as him.

Go back to World of Warcraft.

As far as I can tell all the additions to the game were already mods for the PC version, gameplay wise.

Some of them, but I believe the stylish mode thing is brand new. Someone else would probably know more about this than me. I'm certainly not the DMC expert in this thread lol.

Time to break kayfabe.
I don't even really care about DmC. I played through it, it was fiiiine. All I know about DMC4 is that there's a dumb kid with a stupid arm and a dumb motorbike sword that I couldn't figure out. And Dante shows up for some reason. But I'm not playing as him.

Yeah, I figured.

I own DmC. My problem was the required moveset switching and terribad soundtrack. Also after being spoiled by Bayo's movement, everything felt super sluggish.

Time to break kayfabe.

If DMC4 is your first real DMC game, then its honestly understandable why you'd struggle and why you'd find DmC easier to get into. Its one of the most complex stylish character action combat systems in the genre. Seriously, start from the beginning and work your way up and I guarantee that everything will start to click by the time you get to 3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Some of them, but I believe the stylish mode thing is brand new. Someone else would probably know more about this than me. I'm certainly not the DMC expert in this thread lol.

Yeah, some of them are, but certainly not all of them.

They're purportedly rebalancing the entire game for certain difficulties. The lock-on and Must Style mode are brand new. It doesn't change the weaknesses in boss design, enemy placement, and characterization, but it does make the game significantly better. The entire changelist reads like a GAF post, quite frankly.

If DMC4 is your first real DMC game, then its honestly understandable why you'd struggle and why you'd find DmC easier to get into. Its one of the most complex stylish character action combat systems in the genre. Seriously, start from the beginning and work your way up and I guarantee that everything will start to click by the time you get to 3.

Translation: Git Gud.

croten

May as well start at 3. 1 is pretty dated at this point and really worth it for a historical standpoint and 2 shouldn't be played full stop.

Translation: Git Gud.

Well, yeah kind of. But honestly, the hardest game on normal difficulty is DMC1. If you can beat that, you can beat DMC3/4.

Yeah, some of them are, but certainly not all of them.

They're purportedly rebalancing the entire game for certain difficulties. The lock-on and Must Style mode are brand new. It doesn't change the weaknesses in boss design, enemy placement, and characterization, but it does make the game significantly better. The entire changelist reads like a GAF post, quite frankly.

That's what I've heard from a lot of people and why I'm interested to try it. Even if its still nowhere near DMC3/4, if its fixes can make it a good character action game, even with the shit they can't change, then its still worth playing.

I'll give it a third shot if it ever hits PC. I could have just modded DmC, but what's the point trying to fix something I don't even want to play.

I'll wait for a big price drop before I try it, unless the GAF reception of well known DMC fans is actually really positive.

No
NOO

FUCK YOUUUUUUU

Rizzi

That
final scene of Jonathan blocking debris flying at Erina and then holding Dio's head in his arms as he whimpers "fare...well" and passes away. Man, this new JoJo has to be a fucking revolutionary character to ever surpass that. What a way to die.

This, to me, seems like the perfect moment to
kill off Dio and bring in someone entirely new
, but I'm guessing that won't happen.
Jonathan Joestar da bess ;_;. Fuck Dio. Fuck Dio's stupid fucking face.

Joseph is the best. Way better than stuffy old Jonathan.

That
final scene of Jonathan blocking debris flying at Erina and then holding Dio's head in his arms as he whimpers "fare...well" and passes away. Man, this new JoJo has to be a fucking revolutionary character to ever surpass that. What a way to die.

Joseph Joestar is only like the best character to ever exist in anime.

I wish I could experience Battle Tendency for the first time again.

Better not link that or the internet police will come after you!

-_-

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Or apparently I should go back to playing WoW.

Let's take a step back and look at what happened. I post a giveaway. You shit on it. I post a reaction gif. You post a picture of a middle finger.

I tell you to go play World of Warcraft and now you take offense? Laughable.

croten

That

I was exactly the same. I thought that Jonathan was amazing and couldn't be topped. until like three episodes into part 2.

demidar

That

I much prefer the next part's JoJo over Jonathan, but you might not agree. He's just so cool.

Rizzi

Let's take a step back and look at what happened. I post a giveaway. You shit on it. I post a reaction gif. You post a picture of a middle finger.

I tell you to go play World of Warcraft and now you take offense? Laughable.

The fact that you don't seem to actually get that I wasn't serious is kinda cute. But hey, maybe you could not be so horribly militant about a game that you enjoy.

That's basically what it is. Some of the additions are insanely similar to what people have posted on fourms or modded into the game. Some things like Dante Must style and removing frames on Kablooey canceling completely caught me off guard, one being note for note a mode requested in wishlists by people within the community, another being a mechanic that very few bothered to explore in DmC. Problem is the game still suffers from terrible enemy design, enemy scenario, braindead bosses, a fundamentally flawed take on freeform combat, and a skill ceiling that was reached within like less than two months. Keep in mind that to this day people are still finding new things and experimenting in DMC3/4.

THESE FUCKING AMIIBOS! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!

Holy shit those are amazing. And no scans, so nerf post pls.

That

Part 2 blows up the series so hard that Araki had to invent Super Ghosts to top the shenanigans in Battle Tendency

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
That

You've seen Gurren Lagann right? Jojo is a lot like that. Part 1 of jojo is the first half of Gurren and Part 2 is the second half, because everything gets better in second half.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The fact that you don't seem to actually get that I wasn't serious is kinda cute. But hey, maybe you could not be so horribly militant about a game that you enjoy.

I got it, it just wasn't funny or clever. Don't get all pissy when I poke fun back at you.

If actually having opinions and arguments based on research and fact is being militant, then I'd take that any day of the week.

That

Oh he is. Don't worry about that. I won't say much though.
Jonathon is a great Jojo though. He doesn't get enough love. It sucks that he's overshadowed by Part 2 Jojo because he deserves as much love as any other Jojo gets.

May as well start at 3. 1 is pretty dated at this point and really worth it for a historical standpoint and 2 shouldn't be played full stop.

I played 1 because of the history, but its still a fine game and only 5 hours so it doesn't wear its welcome. 2 should only be played so you appreciate what 3 is even more lol. I played 2 and then immediately played just the tutorial of 3 and I was so hard in love.

You've seen Gurren Lagann right? Jojo is a lot like that. Part 1 of jojo is the first half of Gurren and Part 2 is the second half, because everything gets better in second half.

Pretty much, though part 2 is missing one very important thing.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You guys are hyping me up quite a bit. Careful with that. That burned me before on certain characters, so I'd rather try to experience it without expectations.

It's impossible to overhype part 2. It starts out so god damn strong and just gets better and better.

ultimax

No_fighting.jpg

That's basically what it is. Some of the additions are insanely similar to what people have posted on fourms or modded into the game. Some things like Dante Must style and removing frames on Kablooey canceling completely caught me off guard, one being note for note a mode requested in wishlists by people within the community, another being a mechanic that very few bothered to explore in DmC. Problem is the game still suffers from terrible enemy design, enemy scenario, braindead bosses, a fundamentally flawed take on freeform combat, and a skill ceiling that was reached within like less than two months. Keep in mind that to this day people are still finding new things and experimenting in DMC3/4.

Yeah, like I posted to Guardian, its interesting how they're making changes to fix some of the problems, but unless they go in and fix the flaws you mentioned, which at this point is pretty much impossible unless they were making a brand new game, then its still gonna be a flawed game. Just not as flawed as Vanilla DmC

MormaPope

Banned

Each DMC minus DMC2 does something better than other DMCs, including DmC. The only DMC that should be skipped is DMC2.

Persona 4 spoilers:
ok so im having a real problem with Yu thinking Adachi is such a good person. HE NEARLY RAPED 2 WOMEN AND MURDERED BOTH!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
why are scans of a magazine add bad?

It's not just plagiarism.

It's the fact that it's stealing the revenue stream of the publication. It's the same reason why copying and pasting an entire article into an OP is in poor taste. It eliminates the need for anyone to purchase or click on said publication. Companies buy these exclusives.

Basically, GAF doesn't want to be accountable for such action.

Persona 4 spoilers:
ok so im having a real problem with Yu thinking Adachi is such a good person. HE NEARLY RAPED 2 WOMEN AND MURDERED BOTH!

I don't think there was any indication of rape in Persona 4. He just wanted to kill them. I don't think the game would go that far with it.

I don't think there was any indication of rape in Persona 4. He just wanted to kill them. I don't think the game would go that far with it.
there was. In the flashbacks of how adachi found out how to throw people into the tv he was about to rape miss yamano and she was struggling and he accidentally threw her into the TV.

Top Bottom