• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I'll have a top list when I actually finish the games I've bought this year after finals.

So far what I have in my list of games I've finished (or fighting games) in no certain order

Drakengard 3 (still need to do the DLC)
Ultimax
Smash 4
Shovel Knight
MGS5 Ground Zeroes

Games I still need to finish/start that can make it
DKC TF
Bayo 2
Korra
TLOU on PS4
Sunset Overdrive
D4
Transistor
Persona Q

I wouldn't say the combat is bad. Everything on consoles post-Abyss has been pretty decent, even if Xillia was a complete step back from Graces F combat wise. I'd say its pretty important for me, but Tales games are usually the complete package of story/characters/combat and especially the most important part, the skits. Its just that its not the best in any of those categories. Except for Graces F combat. Just so fucking good. Good enough for me to excuse anything else about that game.

Hope they don't fuck up Zestiria, even if it does have Grace F like combat

Hope they don't fuck up Zestiria, even if it does have Grace F like combat

I'm honestly not expecting much from that game. Even though I want to support the franchise, I'm pretty burnt out by it (even though I bought Xillia 2 and Hearts R). I'll probably just get the first one that moves onto current gen consoles.

I don't even think I've played more than 10 games from 2014 so my list goes like

South Park
Ultimax
Bayo2
Dark Souls 2
Ultra
SK Shinovi Versus
BoI:R
DKC:TF
Smash
BlazBlue CP

Throw Valkyria Chronicles somewhere near the top of the list if we can count that
EDIT: Oh fuck, Aaron you are super right, Love Live is probably my most played game of this year. Also I didn't realize BBCP came out this year, Goodbye PQ

I'm honestly not expecting much from that game. Even though I want to support the franchise, I'm pretty burnt out by it (even though I bought Xillia 2 and Hearts R). I'll probably just get the first one that moves onto current gen consoles.

I'm trying not to get burnt out just yet which is why i dropped xillia 2 and wait for Zestiria. I have my eye on Alicia. If that game doesn't at least satisfy me then i don't think i can buy another tales game for a couple of years

Emouse

I've played so many games this year I had to look up if infamous: SS came out this year because it seems so far away, I almost forgot DS2 was this year too, no idea what my top 10 is, maybe I'll figure it out later who knows

croten

I've played so many games this year I had to look up if infamous: SS came out this year because it seems so far away, I almost forgot DS2 was this year too, no idea what my top 10 is, maybe I'll figure it out later who knows

Did MGR come out on PC this year or last?

This lobby system is complex but really awesome. You have a massive, open lobby like Ultimax, then you either search for a ranked game once you're in there, or make your own personal lobby inside. Your personal lobby has 4 "stations" that people can queue up on or spectate on, similar to a manual version of Skullsgirls always playing lobby system. It's rad.

What an amazing collection...
raiVx62.jpg

I need more money... Two of those are from the dollar store...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This lobby system is complex but really awesome. You have a massive, open lobby like Ultimax, then you either search for a ranked game once you're in there, or make your own personal lobby inside. Your personal lobby has 4 "stations" that people can queue up on or spectate on, similar to a manual version of Skullsgirls always playing lobby system. It's rad.

So there's a maximum of 4 per private lobby?

Arcsys has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to online functionality.

Jman014

Oh man Jazzpunk was kind of fun.

Also Revengeance came out on PC in January during a Steam sale where it was discounted. Best purchase I made this year.

What an amazing collection...

I need more money... Two of those are from the dollar store...
They look so small in that picture.

Whatever, model kits are cooler than just getting regular figures, and I'll always be proud to have this in my possession.

Oh man Jazzpunk was kind of fun.
Jazzpunk is basically what would've happened if Leslie Nielsen got into making video games. And it kicks ass.

croten

If I have time I'll do it.
I gotta organize my top 10s list from:
Guac Gold
MGR:R
Phoenix Wright AA Trilogy
Ultimax
Astebreed
Skullgirls:Encore It got re-ported this year, but I'm not sure if it counts tho.
Nidhogg
Divekick Addition Edition
EDF 2025
The World Ends With You
Go ahead and call me out on my bad taste

Wait? TWEWY?

Whatever, model kits are cooler than just getting regular figures, and I'll always be proud to have this in my possession.

It's the distance and the shelf spacing requiring that.

I've always wanted to get into Gunpla, but I have literally no space to build them in my apartment and I'd rather just have cool figures right now.

Jman014

Jazzpunk is basically what would've happened if Leslie Nielsen got into making video games. And it kicks ass.

Aw man RIP Leslie Nielsen. He did some good work.

For some reason they look more special when there's a few of them

Yeah, I don't want to have like, a fuckton, I don't think those suuuuper huge collections look very cool, but I want to be able to fill a shelf with the things I love at least.

I want nothing more than to have a shelf in my house with every stage of Gurren Lagann line up in order. That's my lifelong dream now.

I don't feel like posting outside of this thread anymore, I'll just shit post it in here

1.Alien Isolation
2. Wolfenstein
3. This war of mine
4. This is were bayo 2 is supposed to go but I still haven't played.
5. insurgency
6. shovel knight
7. Talos Principle
8. luftrausers
9. COD AW
10. titanfall

So there's a maximum of 4 per private lobby?

Arcsys has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to online functionality.

I'm not sure, I think it's 6 or 8 per lobby and you can have 64 people in the larger room. But since there are four cabinets in the lobby, if you have 6 people you can have 2 matches ongoing with one person waiting on each, or three matches going, etc. It might even go up to 12 or something, there's a lot of visual information to take in.

Top Bottom