• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Squishy3

Chapter 14 feels rather...flaccid? I mean this is the chapter before the final right? Why are we introduced to a random ass alien boss? Actually the entire detour felt out of line with the rest of the games horror tone. It was horror but a different kind of horror.
There's actually descriptions of every enemy in the game that are simple but reflect what they are.

The Keeper (Safehead) description, spoiler tagging in case anyone doesn't want to read:
The Keeper was born from a combination of Ruvik's memory of the safe where he kept his research, and his unbridled rage. The safe head represents the atrocities of Ruvik's past that he's trying to keep hidden, literally crushing anyone who comes near.

Quell (The tentacle monster), again, spoiler tagging:
A slithering monster that possesses multiple tentacles and the ability to camouflage, it is a creature generated by Ruvik's desire to remain unseen by others. It changes color to blend in with its surroundings and uses its long tentacles to ensnare the unwary and slay them.

360pages

There's actually descriptions of every enemy in the game that are simple but reflect what they are.

The Keeper (Safehead) description, spoiler tagging in case anyone doesn't want to read:
The Keeper was born from a combination of Ruvik's memory of the safe where he kept his research, and his unbridled rage. The safe head represents the atrocities of Ruvik's past that he's trying to keep hidden, literally crushing anyone who comes near.

Quell (The tentacle monster), again, spoiler tagging:
A slithering monster that possesses multiple tentacles and the ability to camouflage, it is a creature generated by Ruvik's desire to remain unseen by others. It changes color to blend in with its surroundings and uses its long tentacles to ensnare the unwary and slay them.

On one hand I'm happy they had an excuse why it's in, but on the other hand it's still out of place. In terms of design and where you find it in the game.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm back from 8 hours of BS. So, how is everyone tonight?

1200 posts huh.. you guys are going to get to OT10 before the new year.

"you guys"

rWolEJo.jpg

We're on the home stretch now.

Zenfalcia

I'm fucking overworked man. I wanna go home...

Fucking maintenance.

Gotta make that cash money. Sounds rough though.
Well I watched Nise today..up until episode 8 upon which I received the oddest boner I can remember in the recent past.

You love it. Toosh brushing will never be the same. I forget what happens in episode 8.. was it before or after toothbrushing happens?
I learned I didn't fail enligh, but I did fail math.

Hurray for retaking classes. Unless it's not mandatory.
"you guys"

rWolEJo.jpg

We're on the home stretch now.

Oh jeez oh man.. i'm a fraud now.

You love it. Toosh brushing will never be the same. I forget what happens in episode 8.. was it before or after toothbrushing happens?

That was the toothbrushing episode..and yes..I did love it..I'm a lewd degenerate and I'm proud
"you guys"

Oh no! I didn't make it in the top 10..how will I ever get that 20k from Dojima-San now??!!

360pages

Wow, Wii U version Classic mode is worse than the 3DS versions...which was already cut in half...I guess it goes by faster now...

Alfebit

Banned
Might as well get some Newby questions out of the way, how do you get that post count thing up and how do you avatar quote?

To avatar quote just open the avatar in a new tab copy the url and use the image tags like any other image. Alternatively if you use chrome you can just right click and copy the pictures url.

To avatar quote just open the avatar in a new tab copy the url and use the image tags like any other image. Alternatively if you use chrome you can just right click and copy the pictures url.

You can do the same in Firefox as well you just right click and choose "copy image location"

The numbers on the far right on the "Community" tab.

Alright thanks, got the avatar quote down, not sure about the 'far right of the community tab' thing, I'm on mobile right now so I may not be seeing it

Zenfalcia

Huh.. i counted wrong and i only missed 700 posts.. not too bad.

Alright thanks, got the avatar quote down, not sure about the 'far right of the community tab' thing, I'm on mobile right now so I may not be seeing it

Mobile gaf has a screwed up count, but Press the tools button on the bottom right.

Thats not the issue people have with it.

Its just....it's not DMC.

This is my biggest problem with it..I know it was a reboot of the series but I don't know why they completely scrapped a FUCKING GREAT COMBAT SYSTEM for something that felt like a cheap Bayo knock off. Plus I love the niche Japanese story lines of the older games..not the modern hipster Dante who tried to be way to fucking edgy.

Alfebit

Banned
This is my biggest problem with it..I know it was a reboot of the series but I don't know why they completely scrapped a FUCKING GREAT COMBAT SYSTEM for something that felt like a cheap Bayo knock off. Plus I love the niche Japanese story lines of the older games..not the modern hipster Dante who tried to be way to fucking edgy.

"Fuck you" - Donte

Top Bottom