• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Calendar system isn't for everyone. The life sim aspect can bore people to death.

I think you almost have to be a fan of Visual Novels and RPG's to like Persona. If you like one and don't like the other then you probably aren't gonna like the game. I'll respect your opinion..but don't call my game shit..you'll start a war you won't be able to finish.

Emouse

I think you almost have to be a fan of Visual Novels and RPG's to like Persona. If you like one and don't like the other then you probably aren't gonna like the game. I'll respect your opinion..but don't call my game shit..you'll start a war you won't be able to finish.

Almost being the key word? I'm not really a fan of VNs at all
unless they got anime tiddies
and I love me that Persona, but that's maybe because I'm a huge fan of the dungeon crawl aspect of the game?

Hey guys, I just finished Episode 23 of JoJo.
Why is
Kars
so fucking fabulous?

FTFY

That's a pretty good way to look at it. I really hope P5 steps it up sempai with the RPG parts though. (Also to shill P2 some more, it doesn't have a Calander mechanic. Just straight up RPG with awesome writing.)
I don't have the link on mobile, but thanks for doing it,

Ironically, even though I'm not a fan of VNs, I vastly preferred that over the gameplay. I would actually play a Persona game where I didn't actually have to play the game.

Almost being the key word? I'm not really a fan of VNs at all unless they got anime tiddies and I love me that Persona, but that's maybe because I'm a huge fan of the dungeon crawl aspect of the game?

Yea almost should be the key word to that you're right. I love me some anime VN's and dungeon crawling especially since I'm a level grinding slut.

Ironically, even though I'm not a fan of VNs, I vastly preferred that over the gameplay. I would actually play a Persona game where I didn't actually have to play the game.

That's interesting actually. I agree though I would pay full price for a Persona VN

That's a pretty good way to look at it. I really hope P5 steps it up sempai with the RPG parts though. (Also to shill P2 some more, it doesn't have a Calander mechanic. Just straight up RPG with awesome writing.)

I actually like the Calender system although I could see how it could bore people to death. As long as I get to keep my social links I would be fine with them scrapping it for something more old school.

But i like the dating sim stuff...

Oberon

Banned

P2 first boss is better then most of P4 bosses.

Emouse

That actually makes me want to play it more damn

Do you like Ace Attorney or 999 or Danganronpa etc? Those are basically VNs too.

*nod of approval*

I've not played AA, I did try VLR and couldn't get in to it but I have been very interested in DR for a while the style of it appeals to me

yeah the life parts are the things that keep me in Persona. While I do not hate the gameplay, if it was just a straight rpg without the S links I would not play the games. That is why I am so down on PQ, the gameplay is just fucking boring

yeah the life parts are the things that keep me in Persona. While I do not hate the gameplay, if it was just a straight rpg without the S links I would not play the games. That is why I am so down on PQ, the gameplay is just fucking boring

That's why I won't touch PQ as well..without the social link and VN aspect of the game it just kind of becomes another generic JRPG.

Dude that writing is fucking killer. You'd think it'd be old or outdated being a PS1 (remade for PSP) game but every character is immensely loveable from the first moments they're on screen. I can't stress the writing enough. Plus theres still a ton of dialogue if you seem it out. Almost any area you goto with your party has them say unique, hilarious, awesome dialogue.

I might start playing that after reading this..I love P4 but some characters.. *cough* Yosuke and Yukiko *cough* I couldn't relate to them at all and they mostly just got on my nerves.

That actually makes me want to play it more damn
Dude that writing is fucking killer. You'd think it'd be old or outdated being a PS1 (remade for PSP) game but every character is immensely loveable from the first moments they're on screen. I can't stress the writing enough. Plus theres still a ton of dialogue if you seem it out. Almost any area you goto with your party has them say unique, hilarious, awesome dialogue.
The first dungeon is also way better designed than any of P4's dungeons. The introduction to it is so perfect as well as an introduction to the map system. It's super well designed
Well that's because it's static. P3 P4 have random generation.

I don't like most of the things P4 is and I love that game. Still don't know why.

mike0dude

so, should I preorder a 100$ One Piece figure...
Edit: this figure
nami_lim8.jpg

Emouse

Oh that's awesome, additional unnecessary dialogue is the best, kinda like the skits in the tales series and more recently in bravely default, I like that kinda stuff

is the PSP version just a port of the PS1 ver? because I'll probably pick that one up

so, should I preorder a 100$ One Piece figure...
Edit: this figure

Yes.

Simple. Most other villains had something else going for them.
Wamuu had his warrior sense, which is generic yet still amusing. Esidisi was really fucking weird and cried mid-battle and had gross blood techniques et cetera.
. Right now Kars just seems like a really shitty of version of Dio.
I hope that changes it. Right now he's pretty lame.He certainly is, though I don't see why Joseph being fucking fabulous should ruin it for Kars.
I guess.

To be fair, wait till episode 25. The first half of that episode is some of the most batshit hilarious stuff I've ever seen in any anime.

I personally liked Wamuu more than Kars myself.

Oh that's awesome, additional unnecessary dialogue is the best, kinda like the skits in the tales series and more recently in bravely default, I like that kinda stuff

is the PSP version just a port of the PS1 ver? because I'll probably pick that one up
Its updated with new music I believe. Its almost the exact same.

Get the P2: Innocent Sin one

I know, but look of the dungeon seemed pretty unique compared to a regular
school
and as you go along it gets more and more interesting to look at.
I'm just saying, comparing a handmade dungeon to random generation, the former is always gonna be better.

P2 has Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. The PSP remake of Innocent Sin is great, and has some remixed music and stuff. Eternal punishment's remake never hit NA, so you'll have to cope with the PS1 version from
PSN if you wanna play the second game. PSP Innocent Sin and PS1 Etenal Punishment should be on PSN.

I'm not writing him off yet, I'm just saying that there are only three episodes left and right now he's merely acting like a shitty wannabe Dio. I hope the final few episodes make up for everything and turn him into an awesome/fabulous character.

You'll definitely get at least one of those wishes. :p

Oberon

Banned
The first dungeon is also way better designed than any of P4's dungeons. The introduction to it is so perfect as well as an introduction to the map system. It's super well designed

Well at least they weren't randomly generated like in p3.
I just like fighting other persona user instead of big monster.
I mean, fighting your evil persona using rector in a clocktower is an amazing first boss!

It was for some OT thing for DmC and he just wanted to help make it and it's sort of explained in his post before he got banned.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952585&page=21

Emouse

Its updated with new music I believe. Its almost the exact same.

Get the P2: Innocent Sin one

I'm just saying, comparing a handmade dungeon to random generation, the former is always gonna be better.

P2 has Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. The PSP remake of Innocent Sin is great, and has some remixed music and stuff. Eternal punishment's remake never hit NA, so you'll have to cope with the PS1 version from PSN if you wanna play the second game. PSP Innocent Sin and PS1 Etenal Punishment should be on PSN.

Nice okay thanks you guys

Top Bottom