• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

PHvawAS.jpg

To Mathaou: TY for the movie!

I'll be watching this after work!

ultimax

Simple. Most other villains had something else going for them.
Wamuu had his warrior sense, which is generic yet still amusing. Esidisi was really fucking weird and cried mid-battle and had gross blood techniques et cetera.
. Right now Kars just seems like a really shitty of version of Dio.
I hope that changes it. Right now he's pretty lame.He certainly is, though I don't see why Joseph being fucking fabulous should ruin it for Kars.
I guess.
That's true, he shines in the last few episodes tho. it's alright, you're so close to Part 3 aka Best Part anyways

That's true, he shines in the last few episodes tho. it's alright, you're so close to Part 3 aka Best Part anyways

Not that I dislike Stardust Crusarders, but I found myself getting bored watching it at times. That never happened in Part 1 and especially not Part 2.

I honestly just don't care for Jotaro. He's just so bland to me and lacks fabulous.

Oh my God, That Sendo vs Ippo fight! Are you guys telling me it gets better than this?!
That ending theme always plays at the EXACT right moment everytime

360pages

Oh, yeah, there was a bunch of 70 page comics for 3.50 each at my walmart. Guardian's of the Galaxy, Spider man and Captain America was the only ones they had. I was tempted to get spiderman even if I doubted I would actually know what was going on in the story line.

Not that I dislike Stardust Crusarders, but I found myself getting bored watching it at times. That never happened in Part 1 and especially not Part 2.

I honestly just don't care for Jotaro. He's just so bland to me and lacks fabulous.

Honestly, I'm the same. Part 3 hasn't been all that amazing for me so far. I'm enjoying it because I love a good adventure, but it's not on that level of awesome that was in the first two. At least not yet. The whole thing doesn't feel as tight or stylized, it's just a weird anime, which is cool, but not as weird or crazy as I'd want.

Emouse

Oh, yeah, there was a bunch of 70 page comics for 3.50 each at my walmart. Guardian's of the Galaxy, Spider man and Captain America was the only ones they had. I was tempted to get spiderman even if I doubted I would actually know what was going on in the story line.

It's pretty difficult to jump into comics sometimes, the best way is usually pick one then read the current backstory catchup online to get up to speed then roll with it from there, sometimes it feels like you need to read the previous 100 issues to know the lore which kinda sucks sometimes, that's how I see it anyway

That's what I keep hearing so I sure hope so.

The lack of
Dio's presence combined with Jotaro being so bland
just didn't make for a very enjoyable watch at times.
Most people who read JoJo put Part 3 in the lower half of their rankings. I love specific moments in Part 3, but reading it worked way better than watching it, since I was just reading at the speed of light through whatever.

Emouse

Honestly, I'm the same. Part 3 hasn't been all that amazing for me so far. I'm enjoying it because I love a good adventure, but it's not on that level of awesome that was in the first two. At least not yet. The whole thing doesn't feel as tight or stylized, it's just a weird anime, which is cool, but not as weird or crazy as I'd want.

You do get to see the bad guys eat absolute shit tho
see: Steely Dan

You do get to see the bad guys eat absolute shit tho, see: Steely Dan

Spoiler the names for Maragidyne please, but I agree that Stardust definitely has its moments.

One of ym absolute favorite moments was in the last episode.
That fist bump was just so god damn random and hilarious

Read the manga nerd, you've got 20 years or so to catch up on

I don't want to read part 3, I'd rather finish watching it with Xiraiya and Beloved like I have been. I do plan to read from that point on though.

ultimax

I feel the exact opposite, actually. Each week I couldn't even contain my hype for every new episode. I enjoyed it a million times more than part 1 and 2 combined (and I loved those to death)
jotaro lacks Fab, but he's the manliest and the hypest
Oh my God, That Sendo vs Ippo fight! Are you guys telling me it gets better than this?!
That ending theme always plays at the EXACT right moment everytime
Which episode are you on?

360pages

Writing stories about worlds different from ours is actually pretty fun. Despite it being really hard to think about exactly what to put into the world...

croten

Spoiler the names for Maragidyne please, but I agree that Stardust definitely has its moments.

One of ym absolute favorite moments was in the last episode.
That fist bump was just so god damn random and hilarious

I don't want to read part 3, I'd rather finish watching it with Xiraiya and Beloved like I have been. I do plan to read from that point on though.

By the time the second part is finished you could catch up on all of the manga

I also do advise reading the manga, Part 4 at the least.

I did read the first 3 or 4 chapters so I did briefly start. I just decided to stop and wait so that I don't miss out on any potential references.

Still got the chapter I left off on bookmarked.
Josuke meets Angelo.

I did read the first 3 or 4 chapters so I did briefly start. I just decided to stop and wait so that I don't miss out on any potential references.

Still got the chapter I left off on bookmarked.
Josuke meets Angelo.
Wouldn't that be enough for you to be spoiled on the end of Part 3? Huh. I guess not.

Archgan

Simple. Most other villains had something else going for them.
Wamuu had his warrior sense, which is generic yet still amusing. Esidisi was really fucking weird and cried mid-battle and had gross blood techniques et cetera.
. Right now Kars just seems like a really shitty of version of Dio.
I hope that changes it. Right now he's pretty lame.He certainly is, though I don't see why Joseph being fucking fabulous should ruin it for Kars.
I guess.
I think that Kars is probably one of the weaker Jojo villains (Final Episode Expectation Spoilers)
but I think the final fight with him is great.

Also, when you said "Esidisi," it took my a couple seconds to realize that was canon(?) name of ACDC.

I know about Star Platinum and The World just from being on the internet. Knew about that long before I even got into JoJo.
I forget that people have that spoiled for them. I didn't know jack shit about JoJo when I started reading Part 1 other than GOODBYE JOJO. Everything was bonkers. Part 3's ending was goddamn amazing- I own it in print.
I think that Kars is probably one of the weaker Jojo villains (Final Episode Expectation Spoilers)
but I think the final fight with him is great.

Also, when you said "Esidisi," it took my a couple seconds to realize that was canon(?) name of ACDC.
Oooh, Villian rankings!?

4 > 1 > 7 > 3 > 6 = 2 > 5

360pages

Apparently the Sonic Boom Cartoon is actually pretty fun, and is number 1 on the rankings despite the death slot of 7:a.m.

Which is good, because despite the game being shit, I will say character interaction and a lot of the jokes in Boom are actually pretty funny.

Archgan

I forget that people have that spoiled for them. I didn't know jack shit about JoJo when I started reading Part 1 other than GOODBYE JOJO. Everything was bonkers. Part 3's ending was goddamn amazing- I own it in print.

Oooh, Villian rankings!?

"GOODBYE JOJO" was also the only thing I'd ever seen before reading Jojo.

4 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 6 = 2 = 5

Which episode are you on?
Just finished episode 34

Oooh, Villian rankings!?

Pretty much the same as my list just without the parts i've read

4>1>3>2>5

Top Bottom