• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Oberon

Banned
Today I learned a life lesson: Never expose your weakness to others

In my cas it was the hate for the noise of a fork scratching on the plate.

Xiraiya

Yoooo Deadly Premonition for Gaf Secret Santa, get hyped for the good bad game

thanks again misses bull
That is probably the best outcome you could have had from Secret Santa.

Awesome.

Today I learned a life lesson: Never expose your weakness to others
In my cas it was the hate for the noise of a fork scratching on the plate.
I don't know why it's peoples first instinct to be as annoying as possible when you tell them something like that.

croten

Heh, so I may have opened my Wii U a little early... just going to download that sys update and WW HD... yup... that's all....

Well it's been exactly a week since I started Hajime no Ippo and I've managed to get through 40 episodes, 5 times more than my average anime week. God dammit you guys were right, Ippo is fucking hype! These are some of the most intense fight scenes I've ever seen. I normally have a thing against the main character winning everything but with Ippo it's kinda different, all that training he goes through makes you want to root for him along with Takamura and Miyata. I haven't even seen this so call 'dempsy roll' so i'm guessing it gets even better later? God I am loving this anime!

I just had to make a compilation of some of the faces they made so far
9AwA2j6.png

Shackzam

Well it's been exactly a week since I started Hajime no Ippo and I've managed to get through 40 episodes, 5 times more than my average anime week. God dammit you guys were right, Ippo is fucking hype! These are some of the most intense fight scenes I've ever seen. I normally have a thing against the main character winning everything but with Ippo it's kinda different, all that training he goes through makes you want to root for him along with Takamura and Miyata. I haven't even seen this so call 'dempsy roll' so i'm guessing it gets even better later? God I am loving this anime!

I just had to make a compilation of some of the faces they made so far

You haven't even encountered my face yet? but Ippo is so fucking good. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Emouse

I did a thing where I played Dank Soulz, I forgot I have shadow play it works pretty well apart from frame drops, didn't affect game performance at all, I also have no decent mic so I didn't bother with audio

if anyone is interested Part 1 & Part 2

I don't know why it's peoples first instinct to be as annoying as possible when you tell them something like that.

Because people are naturally assholes. If the first thing a person does after I tell them what annoys me, is the thing that annoys me, I will hate this person, and wish nothing but misfortune on their life.

croten

Because people are naturally assholes. If the first thing a person does after I tell them what annoys me, is the thing that annoys me, I will hate this person, and wish nothing but misfortune on their life.

People like to tease, I expect everyone to do it. It's the people that don't know when the fuck to stop that get me.

Xiraiya

I agree, even if I've been friends with a person for like 10 years, if they decide they want to purposely be a shit, I will drop them and not think twice about it.

No! No!

Bad Snake!

I killed like 37 people, and than I got in a tank for some reason and just shot everything. Also snake is way too tanky.

Snake, remember, this is a sneaking mission.

I blame the tranq pistol for missing.

I've been playing it the last few days, it's good, I like going for the different challenges and Side missions, I also extract every Soldier on the base.

Extracting everyone sounds super tedious
Yep, it's an hour long. The replayability is where you make your moneys worth

I got it for 13 so it was worth it, but for 30 I probably wouldn't be happy.

Xiraiya

GZ has far more replayability than most full length games I've played recently, honestly it's the same kind of Replayability that Dark Souls has for me. I like the feel of everything so I'll keep playing it to get all the high scores and unlock all the extra stuff and find all the Easter Eggs etc. etc.

All the stuff you get and unlock will eventually carry over to The Phantom Pain, such as soldier/Prisoner extractions, so that's why it's a good idea to do that, motherbase building in Peace Walker was absurdly addicting.

No, I played a bit of 3 and I selected I never played metal gear before and snake ended up being invincible.
Then GZ is not really for you.

croten

I S Ranked the main mission the other day, got 70k Points.

He's really not, is this your first Metal Gear game?

I don't know, he can absorb a lot of bullets in this one, I think the main difference is that the AI is competent. And that regenerative health doesn't do any favors

Xiraiya

I had fun, just wouldn't pay 30 for it.

Well that's good then.

And the price thing I guess is debatable, when you oversimplify it to "This game has one explorable area, it's not a full game" Then people immediately freak out and get upset over the price.

But when you look at the fact there are quite a few missions and unlocks, secrets and bonuses to find and collect, and the fact it'll take you a good few days at least to get everything you can out of the game and S-Rank stuff for more unlocks , which will also matter in the future when TPP comes out and carry over etc.

Then you're getting a good 10-20 hours of entertainment out of a $30 game, it's just that entertainment isn't necessarily what new comers to the series want, but fans of the series who understand Kojima somewhat and know what to expect will immediately be okay with it.

Really I think it could have just been marketed better so more people knew what they were getting into.

Xiraiya

I don't know, he can absorb a lot of bullets in this one, I think the main difference is that the AI is competent. And that regenerative health doesn't do any favors
He was directly tankier in MGS3 and Peace Walker (Health bar and all that), the regenerative health really makes him "seem" tankier yes and I wonder if TPP will let you play without that, but if you're taking direct hits, you die in like 5 seconds, if that.

Top Bottom